ADVERTISEMENT

SEC

DieHard_Irish

Posts Like A Champion
Aug 27, 2010
This league is so freaking over rated it makes me sick. The league is Alabama and that's it. The championship game pretty much supports it, Florida stinks! And yet they won the East. What a joke.

I have a friend at work who is a big SEC guy. I asked him the other day, what was the biggest win this season for an SEC team out of conference. He paused forever, then came up with Alabama over Wisconsin. SEC teams seldom play out of the region; they don't play any national powers until bowl season. How often do they play in bad weather? How often do they really have to travel?? Yes, it is a joke.

Thought the only enjoyable part of this game was the play of the Florida DBs the first half. Otherwise, a boring mismatch with Alabama underwhelming.

Thought the only enjoyable part of this game was the play of the Florida DBs the first half. Otherwise, a boring mismatch with Alabama underwhelming.
Agreed! Florida's offense looks like a HS team. The conference at one time was great, but over the few years they have been living on reputation alone. It's basically Alabama then all the rest. For my money the PAC-12 is by far the best conference

Reactions: TXNDFan88
Didn't the SEC win 7 of the last 9 championships? And it wasn't all bama, the sec had 4 different teams as champions during that time.

Yes, and they could win the NC again this year. Diehard's point was not about the top dog, but the entire conference.

Didn't the SEC win 7 of the last 9 championships? And it wasn't all bama, the sec had 4 different teams as champions during that time.

It's easy to achieve that when the BCS computer selection matches LSU v Bama in the title game, last year the SEC had to earn it in the field and failed to even make the title game. If the match ups go

Clemson-MSU
Bama-OKlahoma
I'll take Clemson-Oklahoma title game.

SEC has been down since Bama beat us in 12. That is fact. When they play against a balanced attack those over hyped defenses look pedestrian. Sure Bama can stop the run....especially when they pack nine in the box because the QB can't throw the ball.

This stuff runs in cycles. The SEC had a run there of about ten years.....and look who was just written off even as early as last year. The Big 10.
They treated them brutally like an afterthought. Laughing at them every week.

Boy the balance of power has swung full tilt. Nearly over night.

ESPN has the love affair with Bama and it will soon end. They were all in love with OSU until they showed their true over rated colors this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT