ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions at OSU

Hilarious. You are the guy who has been begging for ND to join the Big 10. Earlier, you made a big deal about how poor ND'TV ratings were. Now you are trying to say that ND's football program is not that good. Why don't you go burn a couch somewhere?
Boom

I already posted this in another thread, but because our visitor continues to insist that every fan base is as bad as Ohio St.'s, it is worth posting again.
The president of Ohio St. had to apologize to Texas fans for the poor treatment they received in Columbus.
Ohio St.'s president received "several dozen complaints" from Texas fans.
I've been there. Ohio St. fans are the worst.

Anyone that has visited that stadium (as we have) are well aware that fanbase is low rent

48-20 OSU.

I think we are simply way overrated given new QB, depleted at WR, unproven running backs, unknown at kicker, injured Patterson.
Don't forget rookie coach.

I think it could end up in this range. I also think ND has a chance to keep it to about a 10-point difference. I'll be beyond surprised if we pull off the upset.

Your replies are asinine. 🙄 As a visitor to our board just mind your manners and stick to football without any back handed digs at the Irish or the posters. Following this advice will keep you out of the cornfield. Heres to a great game on Saturday night that is injury free on the field and in the stands!
The posters on here have been hostile since I've joined the board, even though I've come here just to discuss the game. Maybe if some of the posters here were more welcoming from the start and actually enjoyed talking football.

Lol, you are over here crying to us, who is the loser?

And you might want to look up the meaning of “transitive”, if you are able to read such a big word. Lol. Utah was not a team to be bragging about beating in the Rose Bowl, as it’s previous losses proved

I mean, go ahead and beat your chest about beating 2-10 Indy, 3-9 Nebraska, two teams named Rutgers and Maryland that had 5 conf wins between them, Tulsa and Akron, 7-6 PSU, and a 4 loss Purdue.

deal with it
Bashing last year's schedule, really? Who the hell did Notre Dame beat or even play last season?

Hilarious. You are the guy who has been begging for ND to join the Big 10. Earlier, you made a big deal about how poor ND'TV ratings were. Now you are trying to say that ND's football program is not that good. Why don't you go burn a couch somewhere?
ND is still a prized commodity in conference expansion, however I'm not begging for them to join a conference, I was just saying how much sense it made and how I think it'll happen. Don't get me wrong, I could care less if Notre Dame joined or not. Things are amazing in the conference WITHOUT Notre Dame. And I never said the ratings were poor, just that they were on par with the Big 10s second and third best games of every week, which is about where ND would be in the conference if they joined.

ND is still a prized commodity in conference expansion, however I'm not begging for them to join a conference, I was just saying how much sense it made and how I think it'll happen. Don't get me wrong, I could care less if Notre Dame joined or not. Things are amazing in the conference WITHOUT Notre Dame. And I never said the ratings were poor, just that they were on par with the Big 10s second and third best games of every week, which is about where ND would be in the conference if they joined.
Things arent amazing in the Big. Things are amazing for the sec. You got work to do

Reactions: IrishMike409
Things arent amazing in the Big. Things are amazing for the sec. You got work to do
The Big 10 and SEC are neck and neck for conference stability and prestige. I would say the health of the conference is better than ever right now

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
The posters on here have been hostile since I've joined the board, even though I've come here just to discuss the game. Maybe if some of the posters here were more welcoming from the start and actually enjoyed talking football.
Of course they have, this is ND we're talking about! Graciousness and/or magnanimity are not on the menu. ND fans have always been pretty awful. Holier than thou, disdainful, humorless, delusional, etc, etc, etc..... And then the whole BK thing happened, and just sent them over the falls. And they were already pretty insufferable to begin with.

And I like flaming opposing fans, but I reserve that for when it's appropriate, or I try to. When it's more of a mutual thing. And if someone seems to want to talk football in a more straightforward way, there's no reason to be reflexively antagonistic. But the ND fan community is past that at this point. They're sort of universally hostile and defensive towards all points on the compass.

There are exceptions of course, they're not like that to a man.... but overall the ND fan world is really at a low, low ebb these days. So this season could be morbidly fascinating in that sense. Like if we really struggled and went 7-5. Which, quite frankly, might be the best thing that could happen to the ND fanbase. A nice good humbling.....

Right. You are on here with post after post after post because you don't care what happens. Gotcha.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Of course they have, this is ND we're talking about! Graciousness and/or magnanimity are not on the menu. ND fans have always been pretty awful. Holier than thou, disdainful, humorless, delusional, etc, etc, etc..... And then the whole BK thing happened, and just sent them over the falls. And they were already pretty insufferable to begin with.

And I like flaming opposing fans, but I reserve that for when it's appropriate, or I try to. When it's more of a mutual thing. And if someone seems to want to talk football in a more straightforward way, there's no reason to be reflexively antagonistic. But the ND fan community is past that at this point. They're sort of universally hostile and defensive towards all points on the compass.

There are exceptions of course, they're not like that to a man.... but overall the ND fan world is really at a low, low ebb these days. So this season could be morbidly fascinating in that sense. Like if we really struggled and went 7-5. Which, quite frankly, might be the best thing that could happen to the ND fanbase. A nice good humbling.....
I've gotten that from the fanbase on here that's for sure. Ohio State fans suck too don't get me wrong. The 2014 title really spoiled the fanbase.

I'm here for conversations leading up to the game, try to keep up.

Like this?

BucksLAN

Shakes Down The Thunder​

Why can't Notre Dame be a national brand in a national conference like the Big 10? Ohio State, Michigan State, and now USC do it

You get a better TV contract with more money and more exposure on more than 1 big name network

Notre Dame most certainly would not become a regional school. They would still likely play football games in 3 timezones like they do every year

You lose your independence sure, and your "freedom and uniqueness" (whatever that means), but Notre Dame would not lose any power in the future of CFB. In fact, you could make the argument that they will lose power in shaping the future of CFB if things keep trending the way they are with these 2 super conferences

_________________________________________________________________________________

And this:

BucksLAN

Shakes Down The Thunder​

TDIrish27 said:
Because we were never in a situation where other schools we play and recruit against are getting double the revenue we would be getting.

If you don't think that's a recipe for mediocrity long term we'll just have to disagree.

Beyond that-----why would any of the schools in these Power Conferences schedule us ? They have enough tough opponents in conference . They won't need us.

That will effect our path to the Playoffs regardless what they look like in 5 years.
I largely said this earlier in the thread. Big Ten schools will be making more than $100million per season in roughly a couple years. I couldn't find precise numbers for what ND makes with NBC, but it has to only be a fraction of that. I mean the ACC makes less than half of what the Big 10 and SEC members do, and I'm sure Notre Dame makes less than the ACC teams do. It just doesn't seem right that Rutgers, Illinois, Purdue, and Indiana can each make 100-120 million $ a year while Notre Dame is making somewhere in the 25-40 million $ a year ballpark.

As for scheduling, I don't know how much it will affect ND. I think the Big 10 will stick with 9 conference games with the additions of USC/UCLA and probably scrap divisions. I could see the SEC going to 9 conference games now too. I think from a scheduling and future playoff standpoint, ND is completely fine.

But what is their future if they remain independent? They will make a fraction of what 32 other programs are making. They'll make almost every playoff in an expanded playoff, but if the new playoffs have some stipulations like byes for conference winners and all that, that could push ND to join a conference. I think it will just come down to strictly money. Is being independent worth the paycut. And I haven't even brought up NIL yet. What happens when the 2 major conferences start using those big paychecks for recruiting directly (we all know it's coming), that could put ND at a massive disadvantage in football and basketball.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

And this:

BucksLAN

Shakes Down The Thunder​

Notre Dame has no leverage. They can survive (for now) being an independent but I think that's getting increasingly harder. I fully expect them to decline this new attempt from the Big 10 and I'm sure Notre Dame will continue to do what they do. But at some point their hand is going to be forced. Rutgers and Illinois and in state schools Indiana and Purdue are about to be making 3x what Notre Dame makes in tv revenue. At some point there will be a squeeze.

And laugh out loud at ND threatening to join the SEC.

Reactions: irishalice
I've gotten that from the fanbase on here that's for sure. Ohio State fans suck too don't get me wrong. The 2014 title really spoiled the fanbase.
The BK thing, that whole bizarro freakout... I don't even know what to call it, like mass hysteria or something. That was tough for me to take, I will admit. These last five years bar none were the greatest years of my life as a ND fan. And I've always really loved BK. So it was disappointing to say the least, that he became so reviled, and is now far and away the most hated coach in ND history. And he was already hated well before he left. And my strong personal theory as to WHY BK left, is not for the money, not for the 'challenge' of trying to take on Saban and compete in the mighty SEC. But more so because his position at ND was becoming untenable. And when he finally passed Rockne as the all-time winning coach, it was like there was this palpable resentment and loathing, that crossed some sort of threshold. And so he said F it, I'm out of here. Haters gonna hate, but you can't coach at a place like that.

And now we have pretty-boy Marcus Freeman to replace him, and while I'm sure ND's priggish higher-ups absolutely adore MF, who the hell knows if he can actually coach. We already had a great coach, who I was expecting to retire at ND, but they ran him out of town. The fans did at least....

In any case, that's my minority report take on the whole ND coaching upheaval of this past offseason.

• Haha
Reactions: irishalice
Now you are whining. Discuss football without the digs at ND. I was able to post on a couple of rival boards without controversy because I stayed on topic, had a sense of humor and didn't insult their program.

Keys for the game: my key is Foskey. tOSU must control or contain Foskey to be consistent on offense.
If Foskey gets 3+ sacks and 6-10 hurries, then the tOSU offense will be in great trouble? A lot of recruiters passed on Foskey seeing him as a meh TE! He is making them regret it!

Bashing last year's schedule, really? Who the hell did Notre Dame beat or even play last season?
There you go again. You forgot you bragged about playing on the Rose Bowl against a 3 loss team? Lmfao

But actually, I am bashing your annual schedule. Always has 7-8 pancakes. Last year was typical

No

you first started on here about the Big10 and ND joining. You were an arrogant asshat then….now you are just a whining Sheila
asshat? is that one of those new Leftist genders? But now there was a gender mod to ‘Sheila’ ? Is that a new one too?

There you go again. You forgot you bragged about playing on the Rose Bowl against a 3 loss team? Lmfao

But actually, I am bashing your annual schedule. Always has 7-8 pancakes. Last year was typical

Exactly. Ohio St. has played a weak schedule almost forever. Harken back to the days of my youth when the Big 10 was commonly referred to as the Big 2 and Little 8. 'Nuff said.

Now you are whining. Discuss football without the digs at ND. I was able to post on a couple of rival boards without controversy because I stayed on topic, had a sense of humor and didn't insult their program.
Harlem has posted here for years. You dish it out and the regulars are going to reply in kind.
Except I never started this shit. There's posters that follow me on any thread asking why I continue to come here and can't wait for me to leave.

OSU plays harder schedules than Notre Dame does. Played more ranked teams last year, will play more ranked teams this year.
Exactly. Ohio St. has played a weak schedule almost forever. Harken back to the days of my youth when the Big 10 was commonly referred to as the Big 2 and Little 8. 'Nuff said.
Spare me the bullshit, 4 of our last 5 opponents last season were ranked at game time, for ND that number is ONE. Playing 5 ACC teams a year really drags your schedule down every season.

Except I never started this shit. There's posters that follow me on any thread asking why I continue to come here and can't wait for me to leave.

I, for one, can't wait for you to leave. You add zero to this board. You have done the following: (1) stated over and over why ND should join the Big 10, while at the same time denigrating ND's TV numbers and football program; (2) thumped your chest about how good the Ohio St. program is; and (3) essentially told everyone that ND will not be able to compete with Ohio St. tomorrow.
The other poster called you an "asshat." He was being kind.

OSU plays harder schedules than Notre Dame does. Played more ranked teams last year, will play more ranked teams this year.

Spare me the bullshit, 4 of our last 5 opponents last season were ranked at game time, for ND that number is ONE. Playing 5 ACC teams a year really drags your schedule down every season.

This is yet another example of you being an asshat. You have come over here looking for trouble and you have found it. You are the one who posted that you don't care what I think. But yet you respond to virtually every one of my posts.

I, for one, can't wait for you to leave. You add zero to this board. You have done the following: (1) stated over and over why ND should join the Big 10, while at the same time denigrating ND's TV numbers and football program; (2) thumped your chest about how good the Ohio St. program is; and (3) essentially told everyone that ND will not be able to compete with Ohio St. tomorrow.
The other poster called you an "asshat." He was being kind.
Cry a river, you've added nothing positive in talking about the football game. I said Ohio State is a good team, so what? Everyone in the nation is saying that this year, and many are saying they won't be able to compete and keep it close, it's not just me saying that, maybe step outside your bubble and you'll learn something.

Cry a river, you've added nothing positive in talking about the football game. I said Ohio State is a good team, so what? Everyone in the nation is saying that this year, and many are saying they won't be able to compete and keep it close, it's not just me saying that, maybe step outside your bubble and you'll learn something.

I'm an ND fan and alum. I have been posting on this board for more than two decades. I think I can discern when a fan from another team is over here to cause trouble. I do not think I will learn anything from a fan of another school who is here just to thump his chest about how good his school is.

I certainly hope that we win but I just don't see it. I am just hoping we do not get blown out. A win would be program changing; but with a new coach on the road if the margin is less than 10 that will be a good showing.

Catholics vs. Chestnuts. I suppose OSU wins in the 34-23 range, 38-27 maybe

If ND has the kind of D we think that seems high. But, maybe our O is 3 and out all day and we
Don't forget rookie coach.

I think it could end up in this range. I also think ND has a chance to keep it to about a 10-point difference. I'll be beyond surprised if we pull off the upset.

I can’t see OSU putting up that much on our D but hey, it’s your prediction.

Maybe the D gets a few scores on a new QB but I think Tommy if it starts to wind the D with some 3 and outs moves to the run to shorten the game.

Look, I’m ans ND homer and feel we got a chance. But reality is you have to spot them 7 for home and night. We got new coaches everywhere, new backs, new WR and new QB. There is so much to over come.

Its a tall order and Vegas has beautiful hotels because they don’t lose much. But the bucks where supposed to smoke Oregon and Michigan. We know how that ended. It’s CFB. Maybe Buch is unstoppable. Maybe OSU thinks they can just toss their jock out their against a very talented team and win like they did Oregon. Maybe they turn the ball over. Maybe we get a call or two like FSU did against us.

I just don’t see a win but I don’t think OSU covers and I don’t see anyone in the 40’s. Time will tell.

Notre Dame hasn't shown up in big games the last decade. That is how we are viewed. We need to change that narrative. If we can keep it close that is a win. A victory would be amazing.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
hmm? a close loss is a Win now. really? Believe me if ND wines by a single point: ND fans will be chest thumping as if it were a 40 point W! AND not a single tOSU fan will be talking moral victory!

Comon now most are predicting an OSU blow out. We need to change that, but that is the perception.

asshat? is that one of those new Leftist genders? But now there was a gender mod to ‘Sheila’ ? Is that a new one too?
Asshat is old school, so you are welcome

lol. You were bragging about playing in Rose Bowl against a 3 loss team.

nope. Period. End. You have 8 gimmes a year, not debatable.

Asshat is old school, so you are welcome

lol. You were bragging about playing in Rose Bowl against a 3 loss team.

nope. Period. End. You have 8 gimmes a year, not debatable.
Who cares if they had 3 losses, still won the PAC and went to the Rose Bowl.

Should I compare ranked opponents from previous years? bowl game opponents? I think you'd find that Ohio State plays tougher teams each year than ND does, and wins more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT