ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions at OSU

1 fumble recovery, 1 int, 2 pds, 26 solo tackles

Um ok.
If you are basing the effectiveness of a nickel on stats then you dont have a clue. And those stats aren't bad for a nickel either

Regardless of whatever stat, Bracy played well when he in the nickel spot last year

This might be the most difficult season opener as far as expectations go, for both teams. Both teams fans have very high expectations and both teams changes have raised some valid questions. Neither fan base can be feeling to confident about the outcome. This is actually the way scheduling should work!

Bracy did solid at nickel last year but we didn't play very many teams with a good slot. When we did, UNC, downs lit him up for like 10 catches 150 yards.

Bracy, Lewis, Brown are most likely going to determine if ND has a shot vs OSU.

Reactions: BrazilianBuckeye
one week out, anyone post up all our predictions?

I heard the line jumped to 17. I’m not sure I have ever seen that for ND.

I can see ND running lots of RPO. Shortens the game.

Feels like a 31-21 to me OSU.
Remember, Ohio State was the highest-scoring team in college football last year, averaging 49 points per game. With all their key offensive players back this year, the scoring estimates here in the 20’s and low 30’s are dreamland.

Reactions: BrazilianBuckeye
Catholics vs. Chestnuts. I suppose OSU wins in the 34-23 range, 38-27 maybe

Remember, Ohio State was the highest-scoring team in college football last year, averaging 49 points per game. With all their key offensive players back this year, the scoring estimates here in the 20’s and low 30’s are dreamland.

They scored 28 against Oregon and 27 against Michigan. Teams that ran the ball well and kept the ball away from their offense were able to keep the scores in the 20's.

Reactions: Classic Irish
Bracy did solid at nickel last year but we didn't play very many teams with a good slot. When we did, UNC, downs lit him up for like 10 catches 150 yards.

Bracy, Lewis, Brown are most likely going to determine if ND has a shot vs OSU.
Josh Downs is a first rd draft pick. And outside of that big pick play that should have been a penalty, he had about 9 catches for 90 some yards and no tds. I'll take that right now against Smith Njigba. Sign me up. Bracy played well last yr when he was in the slot.

I agree those 3 will play a huge role

Reactions: tbone3114
They scored 28 against Oregon and 27 against Michigan. Teams that ran the ball well and kept the ball away from their offense were able to keep the scores in the 20's.
Ohio State actually won the Time of possession in both those games

Josh Downs is a first rd draft pick. And outside of that big pick play that should have been a penalty, he had about 9 catches for 90 some yards and no tds. I'll take that right now against Smith Njigba. Sign me up. Bracy played well last yr when he was in the slot.

I agree those 3 will play a huge role
i agree in the assessment and I too would take 90 yards and NO tds for Smith on Saturday.

With that said, not sure Downs (pretty sure he's not) is a first round pick. Smith definitely will be and has the probably top college QB to throw to. My point, if he's on smith, he'll probably have to be better than last year.

i agree in the assessment and I too would take 90 yards and NO tds for Smith on Saturday.

With that said, not sure Downs (pretty sure he's not) is a first round pick. Smith definitely will be and has the probably top college QB to throw to. My point, if he's on smith, he'll probably have to be better than last year.
He most likely will be. And hes more explosive than Smith is

This might be the most difficult season opener as far as expectations go, for both teams. Both teams fans have very high expectations and both teams changes have raised some valid questions. Neither fan base can be feeling to confident about the outcome. This is actually the way scheduling should work!
I have two grandsons at Ohio State. Reports from ‘on the ground’ in Columbus are that they are VERY confident of a win. They’re looking forward to running it up on the Irish. Wild night game in the ‘Shoe.

Most Ohio State fans are pretty confident in a win, but the game hasn't been played yet and sometimes it's not the best team that wins, it's just the better team that particular day.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
I have two grandsons at Ohio State. Reports from ‘on the ground’ in Columbus are that they are VERY confident of a win. They’re looking forward to running it up on the Irish. Wild night game in the ‘Shoe.

Well, they are sitting at #2 in the polls. Fans of any team in that position would be at least cautiously optimistic.

OZone OSU message board

The point spread probably isn't doing tOSU any favors. I guess Vegas isn't sold on MF, but even so, tOSU definitely wants to be at their best, and this huge point spread is something more like if they were playing Minnesota or something. Or Northwestern.

But tOSU's got enough advantages going already, if they're a little overconfident, we'll take it....

one week out, anyone post up all our predictions?

I heard the line jumped to 17. I’m not sure I have ever seen that for ND.

I can see ND running lots of RPO. Shortens the game.

Feels like a 31-21 to me OSU.
ND 42. OSU 27

Why do Irish fans always circle back to this game? It's bizarre. I'm sure Michigan would have dumped Notre Dame last year as well.
I'm an expert in hypothetical situations too and I'm sure Cincinnati would have dumped OSU last year as well. Unfortunately, your comeback attempt vs Toledo fell short and you lost that game also.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I'm an expert in hypothetical situations too and I'm sure Cincinnati would have dumped OSU last year as well. Unfortunately, your comeback attempt vs Toledo fell short and you lost that game also.
And I'm sure you had Notre Dame beating Cincinnati and Oklahoma State as well

And I'm sure you had Notre Dame beating Cincinnati and Oklahoma State as well
Are you sure, you're sure? I knew who our head coach was at the time. I had no faith in staying competitive with any top 10 team, let alone beat them.

Why do Irish fans always circle back to this game? It's bizarre. I'm sure Michigan would have dumped Notre Dame last year as well.
Come on now, speak for yourself. I do believe we outpointed you and outranked you a season ago, and the only team that beat us also made the playoff, just like Michigan did. So you got nothing on us from a year ago. So at a minimum, if that's true about Michigan, then Cincy would have beat your ass just as well....

So we're either even or ever slightly ahead of you on that score....

Come on now, speak for yourself. I do believe we outpointed you and outranked you a season ago, and the only team that beat us also made the playoff, just like Michigan did. So you got nothing on us from a year ago. So at a minimum, if that's true about Michigan, then Cincy would have beat your ass just as well....

So we're either even or ever slightly ahead of you on that score....
None of that even makes sense. I was pointing out why using the Michigan game last year as reason Ohio State fans shouldn't feel confident about the game in a couple of days doesn't really add up. ND fans want to point out us losing to our rivals last year but skirt the topic of losing to Cincy and Oklahoma State, two teams with significantly less talent than Notre Dame.

None of that even makes sense. I was pointing out why using the Michigan game last year as reason Ohio State fans shouldn't feel confident about the game in a couple of days doesn't really add up. ND fans want to point out us losing to our rivals last year but skirt the topic of losing to Cincy and Oklahoma State, two teams with significantly less talent than Notre Dame.
Come on now, let's not get all feisty. Fair's far. If you want to bust on ND, most of the time you got the high ground to do so. But not in this case. As far as 2021 goes, ND>>>tOSU.

But no worries though, 'cause you're going to kick our ass, right? You guys are what, 20 point favorites? You got nothing to worry about. It's over and done with soon enough and you'll get your bragging rights back, and order will be restored. But until then... ND>>>>tOSU

But I don't feel like squabbling, do that enough with all these BK-hating ND fans.

Come on now, let's not get all feisty. Fair's far. If you want to bust on ND, most of the time you got the high ground to do so. But not in this case. As far as 2021 goes, ND>>>tOSU.

But no worries though, 'cause you're going to kick our ass, right? You guys are what, 20 point favorites? You got nothing to worry about. It's over and done with soon enough and you'll get your bragging rights back, and order will be restored. But until then... ND>>>>tOSU

But I don't feel like squabbling, do that enough with all these BK-hating ND fans.
Lol what makes Notre Dame better than Ohio State last season? Ohio State played much better against a tougher schedule.

LOL... no offense, but of course they are saying that!!! and Ohio st might just win... but CJ WILL be harassed all night and they WILL NOT run up he score! Don't forget to pick your jaw up off the floor when ND wins and Tyler Buchner out plays CJ !!!!!!!!! Bless you1

I circle back to it because it was a foregone conclusion that Ohio St. was going to win this game, just like some think it is a foregone conclusion that Ohio St. is going to win Saturday.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I circle back to it because it was a foregone conclusion that Ohio St. was going to win this game, just like some think it is a foregone conclusion that Ohio St. is going to win Saturday.
There you go, there's a good answer to that particular question. I never would have thought of it.

But that's how we do, ND fans gonna represent!!

Oh you mean because Brian Kelly sucks?? Of course, man.... And now, with MF in the saddle, we're going to lose more games. But, as if by magic, we're going to lose more games, but be a better team. A FAR better team, in fact....

I can say that even though it grinds my gears to no end, it if fascinating to watch you guys work. Just to see the mob in action, energized and galvanized by a hate-figure like BK to keep warping and perverting the truth to suit your narrative. To continuously keep creating the new false narrative out of the raw material of reality. Which is what you guys thrive on, with or without BK.

All's I know is we better get to at least 9-3, or explaining it all away will get a lot trickier.....
No, it's because Brian Kelly worked with some of the easiest schedules in Notre Dame history. Look at last year. One ranked team on the schedule and couldn't win at home.

No, it's because Brian Kelly worked with some of the easiest schedules in Notre Dame history. Look at last year. One ranked team on the schedule and couldn't win at home.
that was a one off and nothing we could do about it.

We usually play 4-5 teams that are ranked end of season, and have a very good SOS. Heck 2017 I think we played 7 or 8 teams that were ranked at end of the season.

Freeman just stated Patterson still questionable. Practiced some the last two days but didn't do everything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT