ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions at OSU

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
one week out, anyone post up all our predictions?

I heard the line jumped to 17. I’m not sure I have ever seen that for ND.

I can see ND running lots of RPO. Shortens the game.

Feels like a 31-21 to me OSU.

Reactions: Kelso86
I think in order to win this game ND is going to have to do something similar to how they played LSU in the Music City Bowl I'm 2014. Run. Run. Run. Keep possession and the ball away from the OSU offense. ND has the QB and the OL to do this. The Defense will just have to focus on just getting some key stops and forcing field goals. I'm going to predict ND 27 OSU 24.

Reactions: 1Redrum
ND will compete with its defence keeping it close. But winning on the road against an offense with 3 heisman candidates too much to ask. OSU 27 ND 24.

reminds me of last year a bit where we had no idea what Coan would be. Although this year we seem to be much better. Think about that. Overall better and we where 11-1, with three TO’s to Cinci. If TB can move the ball, could be something brewing here.

reminds me of last year a bit where we had no idea what Coan would be. Although this year we seem to be much better. Think about that. Overall better and we where 11-1, with three TO’s to Cinci. If TB can move the ball, could be something brewing here.
I think we will be better. A lot better. I'm not sure if record will be better. Schedule last year was extremely weak

I can agree with that. This years schedule is as tough as any schedule in the last 10-15 years. Possible 3, top 10 teams. Maybe we steal one of the 3 with some TO’s and win 1 or the 2

I'm not going to predict a defeat, and there's no reason we can't win. So I'm going to say TB has an explosive debut, rushes for well over 100, passes for over 200, and the defense is inspired, knocks CJ Stroud out of the game for 2 quarters, and we pull off the upset 38-31....

Ohio State takes it 41-31

We should be able to run the ball but OSU's receivers in space against our linebackers makes me cringe.

This has the feel of the 24-22 Clemson game in 2015. Powered by Desean Watson's legs Clemson got up big early and valiant Irish just could not get any closer than the failed 2 point attempt to tie. Absent the monsoon, I'll add 6 points to each team. 30-28 Buckeyes.

i posted elsewhere that i think it'll be a 27-24 game with a field goal by someone winning it in the 4th. remember that we are going against a defense that sh%t the bed last season against good teams and so i think we can put up 20 plus pts on them

Last edited:
Notre Dame could be a far better team than last year and still finish 9-3.

Last year was one of the most fortunate 11 win seasons I've ever seen.
Wrong …. a far better team goes 11-1 only 10-2 if unlucky. If we’re far better that means we are better than Clemson and play them at home

Notre Dame could be a far better team than last year and still finish 9-3.

Last year was one of the most fortunate 11 win seasons I've ever seen.
Oh you mean because Brian Kelly sucks?? Of course, man.... And now, with MF in the saddle, we're going to lose more games. But, as if by magic, we're going to lose more games, but be a better team. A FAR better team, in fact....

I can say that even though it grinds my gears to no end, it if fascinating to watch you guys work. Just to see the mob in action, energized and galvanized by a hate-figure like BK to keep warping and perverting the truth to suit your narrative. To continuously keep creating the new false narrative out of the raw material of reality. Which is what you guys thrive on, with or without BK.

All's I know is we better get to at least 9-3, or explaining it all away will get a lot trickier.....

Reactions: notredamerises23
You claim our D was sooooo good last year, far better means we dominate opponents.

what’s happening here is people are building in excuses if we go 9-3 to make it seem like freeman is a good coach….I hope he is a good coach, but 9-3 would mena he did a average at best job coaching and building the team

We need to be at or better than 10-2 or the season is a bust

Ohio State takes it 41-31

We should be able to run the ball but OSU's receivers in space against our linebackers makes me cringe.
It’s not just LBs that will contribute to tackling wr in space. Safety can come down and help.

Also,

Marist Liufau is very good in space/open field tackling.​

Don't sleep on the Irish!!!

I think the Irish WIN and don't give a flying leap what the score is!

Go Irish! Beat OSU!!
In the end, it doesn't matter what all us fools on this board think. It's free. What is important that the team believes it can win based on all they have seen on film and practiced for the game. I will go with them.

Reactions: irishalice
You claim our D was sooooo good last year, far better means we dominate opponents.

what’s happening here is people are building in excuses if we go 9-3 to make it seem like freeman is a good coach….I hope he is a good coach, but 9-3 would mena he did a average at best job coaching and building the team

We need to be at or better than 10-2 or the season is a bust
We played 2 ranked teams last year and lost both of them. Neither of the 2 teams we lost to were as good as OSU or Clemson. And we may play 2 or 3 other ranked teams besides that.

Strength of schedule matters. Last years team would have went 7 and 5, maybe 8 and 4 with our schedule this year

If we go 9 and 3, win a bowl game and are competitive in the losses Id take that 10 and 3 over last year's 11 and 2 any day

Reactions: HDK and sluggo69
In the end, it doesn't matter what all us fools on this board think. It's free. What is important that the team believes it can win based on all they have seen on film and practiced for the game. I will go with them.
Absolutely agree with your thoughts.
Go Irish! Beat OSU!!

ND is 0-9 vs top tier teams since 2000 (Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia, Clemson). The average loss to these teams is by 17 points. Ohio State is predicted to be in the Natty vs Alabama this year with a very talented team. Freeman made a bad decision in his 1st game vs OK St by not putting Buchner in when Coan stopped producing in the 2nd half. I've been burned too many times thinking with my heart and not my head when it comes to the Irish. Ohio State - 35 Notre Dame - 24. At least they'll cover the spread.

We played 2 ranked teams last year and lost both of them. Neither of the 2 teams we lost to were as good as OSU or Clemson. And we may play 2 or 3 other ranked teams besides that.

Strength of schedule matters. Last years team would have went 7 and 5, maybe 8 and 4 with our schedule this year

If we go 9 and 3, win a bowl game and are competitive in the losses Id take that 10 and 3 over last year's 11 and 2 any day
Poor coaching is why we were 11-2 and not 12-1

Poor coaching will be reason behind going worse than 10-2

I’m expecting 11-1, will be disappointed in less if team is relatively healthy, I’d be ok with 10-2 …9-3 regular season is step back

ND is 0-9 vs top tier teams since 2000 (Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia, Clemson). The average loss to these teams is by 17 points. Ohio State is predicted to be in the Natty vs Alabama this year with a very talented team. Freeman made a bad decision in his 1st game vs OK St by not putting Buchner in when Coan stopped producing in the 2nd half. I've been burned too many times thinking with my heart and not my head when it comes to the Irish. Ohio State - 35 Notre Dame - 24. At least they'll cover the spread.
I thought we beat Clemson in 2020?

Reactions: adrian1477
Poor coaching is why we were 11-2 and not 12-1

Poor coaching will be reason behind going worse than 10-2

I’m expecting 11-1, will be disappointed in less if team is relatively healthy, I’d be ok with 10-2 …9-3 regular season is step back
With good coaching should have been 13 and 0 last year. But we would have been in playoff

Many reasons for going lets say 9 and 3. Injuries, esp to TB12

If OSU, Clemson, USC are all top 10 whats the difference from last year if we went 9 and 3?

With good coaching should have been 13 and 0 last year. But we would have been in playoff

Many reasons for going lets say 9 and 3. Injuries, esp to TB12

If OSU, Clemson, USC are all top 10 whats the difference from last year if we went 9 and 3?
If usc is top 10, they aren’t pre season and lack on the lines

If we’re better than last year we are as good as Clemson and better than every other team minus osu, and Clemson is home. If we’re better than last year we should be favored in 11 of 12 games

yea if Buchner goes down that changes things

If usc is top 10, they aren’t pre season and lack on the lines

If we’re better than last year we are as good as Clemson and better than every other team minus osu, and Clemson is home. If we’re better than last year we should be favored in 11 of 12 games

yea if Buchner goes down that changes things
Last years team almost lost to FSU and Toledo and VT. Theres a ton of losable games in this schedule even if we're better than last year.

I thought we beat Clemson in 2020?
We did. I didn't count that game because Trevor Lawrence was out. When we saw Trevor Lawrence back in the ACC title game that year, we got crushed by 24 points, 34 - 10.

We did. I didn't count that game because Trevor Lawrence was out. When we saw Trevor Lawrence back in the ACC title game that year, we got crushed by 24 points, 34 - 10.

And in 1977, when we played Pitt, Matt Cavanaugh was injured early in the game. In 1988, when we played WVU, Major Harris was injured early in the game. No one complains about those wins. If your starting QB goes out, you don't stop playing the game. We beat # 1 Clemson. Period.

I agree we didn’t see their full squad but you can’t cherry pick.

Reactions: adrian1477
And in 1977, when we played Pitt, Matt Cavanaugh was injured early in the game. In 1988, when we played WVU, Major Harris was injured early in the game. No one complains about those wins. If your starting QB goes out, you don't stop playing the game. We beat # 1 Clemson. Period.
I can't speak to the Pitt game in 1977, but I do know that Major Harris played in the Fiesta Bowl against the Irish. Trevor Lawrence didn't play at all in the regular season game (Covid) and when he came back, crushed us. My point is this, ND vs the top 4 since 2000, is 0-9. Counting the Clemson win in 2020 would be tongue in cheek considering what happened in the ACC title game later that year. I believe Freeman is going to break this streak against the elite 4. It just won't be on 9/3. My heart is telling me something special is happening in South Bend under Freeman. My logical side is going off past performances and Ohio State has had better recruiting classes in the past 4 years with a damn good coach.

I can't speak to the Pitt game in 1977, but I do know that Major Harris played in the Fiesta Bowl against the Irish. Trevor Lawrence didn't play at all in the regular season game (Covid) and when he came back, crushed us. My point is this, ND vs the top 4 since 2000, is 0-9. Counting the Clemson win in 2020 would be tongue in cheek considering what happened in the ACC title game later that year. I believe Freeman is going to break this streak against the elite 4. It just won't be on 9/3. My heart is telling me something special is happening in South Bend under Freeman. My logical side is going off past performances and Ohio State has had better recruiting classes in the past 4 years with a damn good coach.

Pitt was # 1 in 1976. They were ranked in the top 5 when we played them to open the 1977 season. Cavanaugh was injured early in the 1st quarter.
When we played WVU in the Fiesta Bowl, Major Harris was also injured early in the 1st quarter. If my memory is correct, it was the third play of the game. There is no real difference in not playing and being injured a few plays into the game.
I would also add that Clemson threw for something like 480 yards even though Lawrence was on the bench.

Adrian, do you credit us as the national champions in 2015, when our losses all came without our starting QB? If not, then maybe you should drop this strange claim that we didn't beat Clemson in 2020.

I'm as frustrated as everyone else that we have done poorly in big games in recent years, but there's no need to artificially exaggerate the struggles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT