ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt (watch out)

tkirish

Posts Like A Champion
Oct 23, 2002
The irish better be ready for Pitt. They always play ND tough. This could be a game the Irish could easily lose. Hopefully they’ll be ready and hitting on all cylinders by the time that game rolls around.

I was not impressed with Pitt today at all. They have a good DL, but that is about it.

They also have a very good secondary. Pinnock and Hamlin are big, strong and legit... Make no mistake, that game is at Pitt. ND will not roll over them. They'll play ND very tough. They always do.

Reactions: tkirish
They also have a very good secondary. Pinnock and Hamlin are big, strong and legit... Make no mistake, that game is at Pitt. ND will not roll over them. They'll play ND very tough. They always do.

They really shouldn't though.

They no longer have a truly special DL, they're vulnerable in numerous ways on defense, and their offense is bordering on inpet.

Unless ND is down 20+ players, a decent performance should roll Pitt by 14+

Reactions: NDT&B and NDinNJ
I recall loving Hamlin's film when he was being recruited. Wanted him to be Irish so bad.

ND needs to get back on the practice field and get ready for FSU. They're in danger coming back after a two week layoff early in the season. I'm very nervous right now. ND was in good shape before shutting everything down so early in this crazy season.

ND needs to get back on the practice field and get ready for FSU. They're in danger coming back after a two week layoff early in the season. I'm very nervous right now. ND was in good shape before shutting everything down so early in this crazy season.
They are in zero danger against FSU. ZERO

Agree on Pitt-----excellent players at all 3 levels on defense and the Pickett kid has improved every year.

The Blue Light Special stampede at K-Mart would rattle Mr. Happy Feet.

They really shouldn't though.

They no longer have a truly special DL, they're vulnerable in numerous ways on defense, and their offense is bordering on inpet.

Unless ND is down 20+ players, a decent performance should roll Pitt by 14+

Regardless, they always give ND fits. They play with physicality, attitude and a special dislike for Notre Dame... Jalen Twyman is a huge loss for them, but the rest of their unit is still stout.

ND's obviously still the favourite, but don't be shocked if that's a 7 point game wayyyyyy later than ND fans expect it to be.

I think too many fans are putting too much stock into ND's offensive effort vs listless high school team in South Florida. Until Kevin Austin is back, and dominating, and Ian Books shows the willingness and capability to get the ball down field on a regular basis to Austin and Lenzy, quality defenses (which Pitt has) also going to play 10 players very close to the LOS, focus on the run game and challenge Book to get away from the short throws he's comfortable with.

Pitt will pack it in and turn that game into a brawl. We'll see How ND responds.

Reactions: Kelso86
Regardless, they always give ND fits. They play with physicality, attitude and a special dislike for Notre Dame... Jalen Twyman is a huge loss for them, but the rest of their unit is still stout.

ND's obviously still the favourite, but don't be shocked if that's a 7 point game wayyyyyy later than ND fans expect it to be.

I think too many fans are putting too much stock into ND's offensive effort vs listless high school team in South Florida. Until Kevin Austin is back, and dominating, and Ian Books shows the willingness and capability to get the ball down field on a regular basis to Austin and Lenzy, quality defenses (which Pitt has) also going to play 10 players very close to the LOS, focus on the run game and challenge Book to get away from the short throws he's comfortable with.

Pitt will pack it in and turn that game into a brawl. We'll see How ND responds.

Just like they did when they played at South Bend in 2018.

Just like they did when they played at South Bend in 2018.

Yep. Just like we predicted they would, because they always do... Now they have a SR Kenny Pickett, instead of an underclassman, and 3/4 of the secondary that started that day as kids, are still starting, but now as seniors.

That will definitely be their plan.
But I think they simply lack the difference makers needed to stick with ND for 4 Qtrs....has ND has continued to develop a deeper, more talented, and more veteran roster.

As you mentioned, it's expected that Lenzy should be back to 100% and Austin should be available for that game....Skrownek too.

Getting what was supposed to be our #1, #2, and #3 WR's back would clearly help.

ND is loaded with talent this year and in all the right places...RB, Line, WR....QB is good. Certainly not super star but he is not a frosh that hasn't see it and he is good with his wheels.

Defense we are loaded as well. Maybe a bit suspect at LB......

We can certainly lose, just like OK and LSU. The only team on our schedule that has the same talent is Clemson. But like FSU last year, playing at ND in the freezing cold will be new for them. I was at that game and the FSU dudes were more interested in the heaters than the game. Tough to catch when its 5 degrees. We will see if its a home field advantage...

Reactions: Bodizephax
ND is loaded with talent this year and in all the right places...RB, Line, WR....QB is good. Certainly not super star but he is not a frosh that hasn't see it and he is good with his wheels.

We can certainly lose, just like OK and LSU. The only team on our schedule that has the same talent is Clemson. But like FSU last year, playing at ND in the freezing cold will be new for them. I was at that game and the FSU dudes were more interested in the heaters than the game. Tough to catch when its 5 degrees. We will see if its a home field advantage...

A team as bad and as poorly coached as that FSU team was easily bothered by the weather. A team as good and as well coached as Clemson is not going to skip a beat. I'm sorry but I just think that is the most worn out cliche in sports, and I've felt that way ever since I watched the Dallas Cowboys go toe to toe against my team, the Packers, in the Ice Bowl back in 1967.

So Notre Dame and Clemson has the same amount of talent?

ND is 5-1 vs. Pitt in the Kelly era. But four of the five wins came down to the final series including the 2012 and 2018 teams. No reason to think it won't be close this year.

PITT, for some odd reason, always plays ND tough. Even in years where it appears that ND is vastly superior, the games are rather close -- and, as noted by Shooter -- especially in 2012 (and ND got a HUGE break when the officials missed 2 players on the field with the same # on a missed FG attempt) and 2018 -- both times almost derailed perfect seasons.

Need someone against Pitt that can beat man coverage. In 2015 they tried to single Will Fuller and he went wild. ND won by 15 but only because Pitt got a late TD and then Wimbush fumbled and it was picked up and returned for a TD in garbage time. Kizer had a field day and game was not that close.

if Pitt scores >17 it would be shocking. The only way is it is already a blowout.

I believe the line is Pitt by 6 points but the talking heads say take BC and the points.

Some say BC in a close one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT