ADVERTISEMENT

The 1986 Giants The 2007 Patriots A reminder.

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
The 1986 Giants who ended up Champions (won last game) lost to a very tough Dallas Cowboys team their first game of the season (ON THE ROAD!!).
They slowly started getting better game by game. Most importantly they won their last game .
The 2007 Patriots won their first game and the next 17 games in dominating fashion after that but lost their last game which made them also rans (losers).
The 2022 Irish lost their first game ON THE ROAD to a very tough Buckeye team. Like the 86 Giants that was their wakeup call ! Not their funeral ! The taste of defeat is very bitter and stays in your mouth for a long time.
I read on this board that Notre Dame now has to win every game from here on out and how difficult that would be. But I believe that is a good thing. The Irish will be up for every game! Most National Champions in college football have a loss in the regular season including Alabama.

Last year, a far less talented Irish team started very slow especially the Oline but they went on to win the rest of their games and got better week by week and came within inches of making the playoffs. There are many veteran players that have it fresh in their minds. They know what to do now.
Our Oline played poorly first game but not half as bad as they played last year. The Oline is the strength of our team. They WILL improve GREATLY game by game and will be ready for late season BIG games like Southern Cal and Clemson.

We have a GREAT team this year ! I am very confidant !

The Great teams nowadays carry a big stick and show alot of swagger ! Swagger !! Not Doom and Gloom !!

Go Irish !! Beat Marshall !!

BYU will be a very tough game!
like your enthusiasm and positive outlook.
Dont believe 18-1 Patriot team as also ran / loser.
also don’t believe Ohio St was a wake-up call! OSU was the better team , in a truly difficult environment . With a very inexperience QB and WR group .

ADVERTISEMENT