ADVERTISEMENT

On to the Thundering herd. One game at a time.

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
Marshall is no joke. The Irish better be ready to play. I think that Marcus will have his troops ready and motivated. That is one of his strengths I believe. He had the Irish ready against the #2 team in the nation on the road.
The offense needs to establish an identity and I will be excited to see them develop. The Irish have plenty of time to rise in the polls with teams like BYU, USC and Clemson ahead.
No need to play conservative on offense this week. This will be fun.

To all the many crybabies (Debby Downers) on this board. Grow a pair. This is Marcuses first year. The Irish had a great recruiting class in 2022 thanks to Marcus and so far we have the top recruiting class for 2023 !!
The young 17 and 18 year old recruits have known nothing but the Irish winning 10 or more games a year. They see a successful program that is so close to being elite and they want to be the ones to make the Irish ELITE !! They haven't been beaten down by life due to willingham, Weiss, and Davie. That is ancient history to them!!!

I will eat crow for wrongly picking the Irish to beat Ohio State ! I was wrong !! My hat is off to Ryan Day and his buckeyes !!
They played a GREAT game !!
But I will not stop believing the Irish are in for a GREAT year in 2022/23 !!

We may even see the Buckeyes again in the playoffs !! But that can only happen if the Irish stay in the moment and play one game at a time !!
Go Irish !! Beat Marshall !!! Improvement game by game !!

Marshall alum here, I come in peace... I'm bringing a group of 6 guys up for the game. We will be in town Thursday-Sunday. Really looking forward to it, we all view ND as a place like Fenway Park, Lambeau, Madison Square Garden, etc, a must-visit trip as a sports fan... I don't see a designated board/thread for opposing fans to post on here, so let me know if I need to be asking questions somewhere else.

What should we see and do around campus? Famous landmarks, bars/restaurants/etc?... We will have a couple days to kill prior to the Saturday festivities.
Also, is there a specific tailgate area that is better for visitors?... We want to socialize with the locals, ND folks. We are all in our 30's and 40's, so not necessarily frat row, lol. I always bring enough beer/wine to pass out to those around us so we can meet new people. Marshall has a good tailgating reputation, which we are pretty proud of.

As for the game, I watched both teams this week. The strengths and weaknesses of both squads appear to be similar... Marshall's offense is almost certainly not as good as it looked against a bad Norfolk State team. The offensive line has some question marks, as does the WR group. Our QB is a grad transfer from Texas Tech. Also, our best player, All-American RB Rasheen Ali is out due to injury.

Marshall's defense is very good, by our standards. We have 8 returning starters and added a pair of DB's and a couple defensive linemen via the portal. We have a couple of guys who will be playing on Sundays next year. CB Steven Gilmore is our best cover man. His brother is NFL corner Stephon Gilmore. Our all-around best defender is Abraham Beauplan at OLB. He's by far our best pass rusher and was featured on the "100 College Football Freaks" list by The Athletic and is also on the Bednarik Award watch list.

If anyone is interested, Marshall's home message board is "Herd Nation" at marshall.rivals.com... See you all next weekend!

this should have been the season opener! BTW: do not expect MF to run up a score! He's a sportsman and a gentleman?

Last edited:
Marshall alum here, I come in peace... I'm bringing a group of 6 guys up for the game. We will be in town Thursday-Sunday. Really looking forward to it, we all view ND as a place like Fenway Park, Lambeau, Madison Square Garden, etc, a must-visit trip as a sports fan... I don't see a designated board/thread for opposing fans to post on here, so let me know if I need to be asking questions somewhere else.

What should we see and do around campus? Famous landmarks, bars/restaurants/etc?... We will have a couple days to kill prior to the Saturday festivities.
Also, is there a specific tailgate area that is better for visitors?... We want to socialize with the locals, ND folks. We are all in our 30's and 40's, so not necessarily frat row, lol. I always bring enough beer/wine to pass out to those around us so we can meet new people. Marshall has a good tailgating reputation, which we are pretty proud of.

As for the game, I watched both teams this week. The strengths and weaknesses of both squads appear to be similar... Marshall's offense is almost certainly not as good as it looked against a bad Norfolk State team. The offensive line has some question marks, as does the WR group. Our QB is a grad transfer from Texas Tech. Also, our best player, All-American RB Rasheen Ali is out due to injury.

Marshall's defense is very good, by our standards. We have 8 returning starters and added a pair of DB's and a couple defensive linemen via the portal. We have a couple of guys who will be playing on Sundays next year. CB Steven Gilmore is our best cover man. His brother is NFL corner Stephon Gilmore. Our all-around best defender is Abraham Beauplan at OLB. He's by far our best pass rusher and was featured on the "100 College Football Freaks" list by The Athletic and is also on the Bednarik Award watch list.

If anyone is interested, Marshall's home message board is "Herd Nation" at marshall.rivals.com... See you all next weekend!

Im sure you will get lost of feedback but the bottom line is to walk the tail gate and campus. Go into the Joyce center and look at the trophy cases. It’s amazing. Check out the church, grotto and the original log cabin. Get a steak sandwich on campus and load it with A1. Just take in the fans and university. You will be welcomed as visitor and have a great time.

Reactions: RhinoD

I had a coworker lady friend whose son played center for the Thundering herd a few years back (maybe 5 - 7 years ago). He was from Mississippi where I live.

Crooked eye brewery and ale house for beer and BBQ one night - Really good

Obviously tour ALL of the campus and everything from sports complexes to golden dome, grotto, etc. Heck if you're there that long I'd even grab lunch at one of the student dinning halls. Food is good.

Friday before the game there will be a ton of activities for visitors on campus, you can get a free tour of part of the stadium. Last time I was there they let you down on the end zone. Gug you can go in and see, sometimes they let you have a tour of indoor practice facility.

If ya'll golf the warren golf course if phenomenal (hosted sr us open a few years ago)

Game day there's a bunch of good newish bars across the street from stadium, then a lot of tailgating around stadium. Most if not all Irish fans are welcoming and you can stop in and say hi.

Linebacker and legends are the famous bars. Maybe stop in for a quick one but the newer ones are better.

Brothers bar and grill will be fun for visitors friday night. Big games you can see some good alumni there.

Book store is a must and visitors center sometimes has events day before

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT