ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Haden passed on Ogeron

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
Although Orgeron is perfect fit for LSU being from the deep bayou, did Haden hire Cutty Sark instead of Ogeron?

Although Orgeron is perfect fit for LSU being from the deep bayou, did Haden hire Cutty Sark instead of Ogeron?

he weighed heavily on ‘character’! he was anti Ed O
and Sark turned into Helton!
and ultimately made USC a 3rd tier football team!

It gets real in 2020 without Joe Burrow. Let's see how this plays out. I do know this. The athletes on both Clemson and LSU are really really good.

If I remember correctly Hayden was willing to retain coach O but there was a dispute over O keeping assistant coaches.

A lot of USC fans didn't want Ogeron either. He was 10-25 at Ole Miss (3-21 in SEC play) and most SC fans wanted a proven head coach.

A lot of USC fans didn't want Ogeron either. He was 10-25 at Ole Miss (3-21 in SEC play) and most SC fans wanted a proven head coach.

well, it is a circus over there! they went from Swann/Helton (1 stooge short)
to Helton Bohn Folt (hat trick: 3 stooges)

this happens when the decision makers who made the earlier bad choices are the same decision makers for ‘fixing’ the problem! More bad decisions.

If I remember correctly Hayden was willing to retain coach O but there was a dispute over O keeping assistant coaches.

No, I believe he offered to keep Orgeron on Sarkisian's staff. And Orgeron declined.

Orgeron had gone 6-2 that season, after taking over when Kiffin was fired. So he had done well as an interim.

A lot of the USC fan base in Los Angeles is the blue blazer and ascot crowd, and they were going to have a very hard time warming up to Coach O. He just wasn't a fit.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
A lot of the USC fan base in Los Angeles is the blue blazer and ascot crowd, and they were going to have a very hard time warming up to Coach O. He just wasn't a fit.

truth is LSU and O. are perfect together

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT