ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Trump Truth

I noted new coal plants have open True in Houston, then I was asked what Plants have opened during his tenure, and I responded he's only been President less then 6 months.

I work for one of the largest Geo Tech/ Engineering firms in the country. It will take years for any new plants to be built, and running. So if you are asking me under Presidents Trump's tenure if any are being considered I don't know, but I was responding to a poster saying coal isn't coming back. If coal Mines are opening then he will continue, and not block the openings

Now we have been working on converting coal plant to coal/natural gas plants because cleaner energy in the future, but at this point coal in still an energy source.

So when Trump mentions that coal plants are opening, which coal plants is he referring to that have opened since he started?

Great post . only problem with anyone trying to use logic with the lefties here is we will never convince them. they do not want to hear logic

I have no problem with pointing out President Trump short comings which seem to grow monthly, but their short sidedness of the truly criminal acts that happened during president Obama tenure is stunning.

Could you imagine the Press allowing president Trump to use the IRS as a weapon against progressives?

Could you imagine a fast and furious scandal going unnoticed and then President Trump's Attorney General being in contempt of Congress without a special prosecutor being appointed? How about President Trump getting away with spying on the press as President Obama did without any consequences??

Could you imagine president Trump getting away with his NSA spying on tens of Millions of American citizens violating their constitutional rights going unnoticed... Could you imagine president Trump getting away with relaxing who sees classified documents and no one Batten an eye over it.

These are just a few examples.

Reactions: cheta41
So you expect President Trump to have new applications put in/approved/plant built and running in less than 6 months ????????????

I expect that if he's going to tout new coal plants or mines that are opening as a result of what he's doing, he should actually have evidence to back that up.

To answer your question, no, I don't expect that to happen. But I also don't expect him to make things up..

I expect that if he's going to tout new coal plants or mines that are opening as a result of what he's doing, he should actually have evidence to back that up.

To answer your question, no, I don't expect that to happen. But I also don't expect him to make things up..
Then time will tell

Just curious did you hold President Obama to the same standards, and were you just as outraged then as you seem to be now about thing that have not come to pass?

Reactions: cheta41
Their outrage is very selective. We've been lectured on the pitfalls of living in the past when mentioning Barry O. Even their reason for living in the past is incredibly selective. I've given the left multiple opportunities to clear their conscience by expressing outrage for the past eight years which would give them at least some credibility for the outrage they are putting on display now. Predictably, lots of silence, some excuses, a little put out that they are actually being challenged, but no takers.

Just curious did you hold President Obama to the same standards, and were you just as outraged then as you seem to be now about thing that have not come to pass?

(1) I don't like anyone who isn't straightforward (which may mean I don't like anyone holding office or running for office).
(2) I could throw the same question back at you. Candidly, no one with an ideological bent holds people with similar views to the same standard as people with other views.

20294370_905635892919182_8434915198187586103_n.jpg

The woman finally figured it out! It's in her new book.

(1) I don't like anyone who isn't straightforward (which may mean I don't like anyone holding office or running for office).
(2) I could throw the same question back at you. Candidly, no one with an ideological bent holds people with similar views to the same standard as people with other views.

(1) I must of missed your criticisms of the previous President

(2) Please do!
I have been critical of President Trump.

Reactions: benko's army
Their outrage is very selective. We've been lectured on the pitfalls of living in the past when mentioning Barry O. Even their reason for living in the past is incredibly selective. I've given the left multiple opportunities to clear their conscience by expressing outrage for the past eight years which would give them at least some credibility for the outrage they are putting on display now. Predictably, lots of silence, some excuses, a little put out that they are actually being challenged, but no takers.
You gotta get with the present. Why do you feel the need to somehow receive some sort of satisfaction from others about the mistakes of the past ? That was then this is now. Still waiting for someone's outrage over the Joe kuharich hiring ?

No one here owes you anything. What arrogance !

You guys gotta with the present. Why do you feel the need to somehow receive some sort of satisfaction from others about the mistakes of the past ? That was then this is now. Still waiting over someone's outrage over the Joe kuharich hiring ?

So let's just forget about all the injustice committed by the previous administration (that the left let pass) which got Donald Trump elected and just move on correct?

This new Communications Director, Anthony Scaramucci, is a mess. First he accuses the Chief of Staff (Priebus) of being a "leaker" and says he's going to contact the FBI over a "felony leak" of a publicly available document.

Then, he calls in to CNN and says he and Priebus are brothers like "Cain and Abel." Then, he explains the need for professionalism by quoting Joe Paterno:

"Do you remember Joe Paterno? What would he say? Act like you've been there before. Act with honor, dignity, and respect."

Yeah, if you are looking for the best example of "honor," I'm not sure Joe Paterno is the best guy to quote in 2017.

#hotmess

You gotta get with the present. Why do you feel the need to somehow receive some sort of satisfaction from others about the mistakes of the past ? That was then this is now. Still waiting for someone's outrage over the Joe kuharich hiring ?

All I heard during the Iraq invasion was another Vietnam. We are reminded about slavery daily. Watergate is a story the left won't let go. Southern landmarks are being taken out of site, out of mind, because of the past. The media has brought up Watergate constantly when referencing the Russia investigation. The past is studied and dissected all over the world in think tanks and schools everywhere. You just don't want to talk about the PAST eight years. Those who don't remember the past are bound to repeat it. Sound familiar? I can't believe this has to be explained to you.

This new Communications Director, Anthony Scaramucci, is a mess. First he accuses the Chief of Staff (Priebus) of being a "leaker" and says he's going to contact the FBI over a "felony leak" of a publicly available document.

Then, he calls in to CNN and says he and Priebus are brothers like "Cain and Abel." Then, he explains the need for professionalism by quoting Joe Paterno:

"Do you remember Joe Paterno? What would he say? Act like you've been there before. Act with honor, dignity, and respect."

Yeah, if you are looking for the best example of "honor," I'm not sure Joe Paterno is the best guy to quote in 2017.

#hotmess
Scaramucci is going to help move his agenda forward. Great hire by Trump.

Well-written, interesting piece that gathers perspectives from both sides of the aisle.
Sounds good. We have a guy on our local soccer forum who posts "awesome" and "great" articles about Trump, and every one of the articles is by a lefty wing columnist and rips Trump to shreds. To that poster, those are "great" and "awesome".

So let's just forget about all the injustice committed by the previous administration (that the left let pass) which got Donald Trump elected and just move on correct?
No one said forget anything. But constantly pointing to the past as some sort of defense of current events is crazy to me.toby acts like some here OWE him something.

All I heard during the Iraq invasion was another Vietnam. We are reminded about slavery daily. Watergate is a story the left won't let go. Southern landmarks are being taken out of site, out of mind, because of the past. The media has brought up Watergate constantly when referencing the Russia investigation. The past is studied and dissected all over the world in think tanks and schools everywhere. You just don't want to talk about the PAST eight years. Those who don't remember the past are bound to repeat it. Sound familiar? I can't believe this has to be explained to you.
No. I get it perfectly. My problem is YOU practically demanding that we owe you some sort of diatribe about past events. Why the incessant need to reference the past to avoid discussing the present ?

#hotmess
Sounds like Mooch fits right in with fake president Trumpsky's merry band of idiots and traitors.

I don t care one way or another.it just seems that the current administration has had numerous personnel changes in a short period of time.
I remember the Clinton administration had a lot of changes his first year.
BTW I voted for him also

Sounds good. We have a guy on our local soccer forum who posts "awesome" and "great" articles about Trump, and every one of the articles is by a lefty wing columnist and rips Trump to shreds. To that poster, those are "great" and "awesome".

For what it's worth, I've read a decent amount of Friedersdorf. He's not a "lefty wing columnist".

Holy shit! This Scaramucci is absolutely insane. In an interview today, he called the chief of staff a "f*cking paranoid schizophrenic." He also called Steve Bannon someone who was "Trying to suck his own dick."

In the interview earlier in the day, he demanded to know a reporters source on a quote, and when the reporter wouldn't give it up, he threatened to fire everyone.

Good to know the White House is hiring the best and the brightest.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/us/politics/scaramucci-priebus-leaks.html?#_=_

Last edited:
No. I get it perfectly. My problem is YOU practically demanding that we owe you some sort of diatribe about past events. Why the incessant need to reference the past to avoid discussing the present ?

Economy is doing great under Donald J Trump. Jobs reports have been great. Stock market doing great. Isis on the run. MS 13 being dealt with finally. Illegal immigration down. Liberals crying like little babies. The present is great !

What's the present? Collusion? Russia? Cheating? Lying? Emails? Boy Scouts? Ivanka? Barron? Incessant twitter which is even driving me nuts? Transgender? North Korea? What present thing you want to talk about to avoid discussing the scandals that killed people in the past? I do want your take on the Four Star QB who verbaled to Princeton. I find it fascinating but not a trend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT