ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Trump Truth

And the economy will keep on humming whether you are on board or not.

If president Trump fires Jeff Sessions he would be committing political suicide.

He would lose the South.
He would completely lose Congress.
He would lose public support to the point of no recovery.
He is his own worst enemy

Jeff Sessions knows the law. You want him to be another Eric Holder, but he is too honorable for that.

President Trump needs my support

And the economy will continue humming along with President Pence

Reactions: mbd11 and Telx1
If president Trump fires Jeff Sessions he would be committing political suicide.

He would lose the South.
He would completely lose Congress.
He would lose public support to the point of no recovery.
He is his own worst enemy

Jeff Sessions knows the law. You want him to be another Eric Holder, but he is too honorable for that.

President Trump needs my support

And the economy will continue humming along with President Pence

I live in the South. We love Trump.

You have been beaten down by the liberal press and the Rhinos like John McCain and John Kasich .. You are a disgrace to America and worse than the leftwingers ! You have no balls ! You are like Theon Greyjoy (Reek) from Game of thrones !
f840cf3c3a225407bbf84d8745bf14c2.jpg

You have been beaten down by the liberal press and the Rhinos like John McCain and John Kasich .. You are a disgrace to America and worse than the leftwingers ! You have no balls ! You are like Theon Greyjoy (Reek) from Game of thrones !

I've lived in the South as well. North Carolina, Florida,South Carolina,Alabama, and Texas
I have been beaten down by no one, but President Trump and his actions. Firing Sessions would be the last.

I'll stand with the Freedom Caucus, and fight the right fight there.

Your comments about being a disgrace is all blather.

I've lived in the South as well. Florida,South Carolina,Alabama, and Texas
I have been beaten down by no one, but President Trump and his actions. Firing Sessions would be the last.

What has the freedom caucus done ? They have done nothing but bitch about Obama and Obamacare and have done absolutely nothing about it even though they have had seven years and control the house senate and Presidency. They are all hot air and part of the Swamp. You have been duped by all the socalled conservatives like Krauthammer.
I too like Sessions but I am not going to cry if Trump fires him. And I like Pence too but Pence is where he is because of Trump.Trump is changing America back to greatness ! So say your name !! Reek Reek !

I've lived in the South as well. North Carolina, Florida,South Carolina,Alabama, and Texas

Just breaking your balls DIP !

What has the freedom caucus done ? They have done nothing but bitch about Obama and Obamacare and have done absolutely nothing about it even though they have had seven years and control the house senate and Presidency. They are all hot air and part of the Swamp. You have been duped by all the socalled conservatives like Krauthammer.
I too like Sessions but I am not going to cry if Trump fires him. And I like Pence too but Pence is where he is because of Trump.Trump is changing America back to greatness ! So say your name !! Reek Reek !
You've gotten the Freedom Caucus mixed up with the moderates.

Have you heard Rand Paul bill?
He was the first to say start with the repeal then work on healthcare

President Trump can't afford to loss anymore support.

You have my sympathy.

Holy shit! This Scaramucci is absolutely insane. In an interview today, he called the chief of staff a "f*cking paranoid schizophrenic." He also called Steve Bannon someone who was "Trying to suck his own dick."

In the interview earlier in the day, he demanded to know a reporters source on a quote, and when the reporter wouldn't give it up, he threatened to fire everyone.

Good to know the White House is hiring the best and the brightest.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/us/politics/scaramucci-priebus-leaks.html?#_=_
I think the last time I saw him he was working the door at the Bada Bing Club.

Reactions: benko's army
Economy is doing great under Donald J Trump. Jobs reports have been great. Stock market doing great. Isis on the run. MS 13 being dealt with finally. Illegal immigration down. Liberals crying like little babies. The present is great !
Job growth has been up for 78 straight months. 45 gravy training on previous administration.

Reactions: benko's army
What's the present? Collusion? Russia? Cheating? Lying? Emails? Boy Scouts? Ivanka? Barron? Incessant twitter which is even driving me nuts? Transgender? North Korea? What present thing you want to talk about to avoid discussing the scandals that killed people in the past? I do want your take on the Four Star QB who verbaled to Princeton. I find it fascinating but not a trend.
I ve discussed past issues when they were present day issues both in the classroom and other forums. I feel no need to address them again here to satisfy your sense of entitlement.

Based on the history since Trump's victory and the vote last night. Its obvious the swamp won. Trump is such an outsider that the democrats and republican lights won't allow any bill of consequences go through. Also Trump's burdens set on him the special prosecuter and the internal leaks is an attempt too destroy the will of the people. The russian investigation is a sham and the left want to believe an investigation based on a stupid dossier that is known to be false. But why? Everyone who has a brain knows that the obamacare bill is a piece of very flawed crap. millions are uninsured because of the costs. And you here this BS we have to tweak it not destroy it. That is essentially the bill went up for vote yesterday. my guess is single payer is coming and that will be a bipartisan effort

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Job growth has been up for 78 straight months. 45 gravy training on previous administration.

When Obama got unemployment to under 5%, Trump called the numbers "fake" and suggested unemployment may be as high as 42%.

Now, Trump is bragging about the unemployment rate, using the same numbers he previously claimed were "fake."

Not a lot of integrity.

Reactions: NIN Irish
Based on the history since Trump's victory and the vote last night. Its obvious the swamp won. Trump is such an outsider that the democrats and republican lights won't allow any bill of consequences go through. Also Trump's burdens set on him the special prosecuter and the internal leaks is an attempt too destroy the will of the people. The russian investigation is a sham and the left want to believe an investigation based on a stupid dossier that is known to be false. But why? Everyone who has a brain knows that the obamacare bill is a piece of very flawed crap. millions are uninsured because of the costs. And you here this BS we have to tweak it not destroy it. That is essentially the bill went up for vote yesterday. my guess is single payer is coming and that will be a bipartisan effort
The moderates will be voted out. They are weak, and clueless. Just along for the benefits of sitting in the capital.
They campaign on Healthcare and lied

Just let the ACA fall on it's face

The Dems made this mess.

Reactions: ndfi65
When Obama got unemployment to under 5%, Trump called the numbers "fake" and suggested unemployment may be as high as 42%.

Now, Trump is bragging about the unemployment rate, using the same numbers he previously claimed were "fake."

Not a lot of integrity.

Sure
Creating an abundance of part-time jobs is a real accomplishment. Working 3 part time jobs is noway to make a living

Reactions: ndfi65 and cheta41

Just out of curiosity, but what has Trump done to move forward a healthcare bill?

Just out of curiosity, but what has Trump done to move forward a healthcare bill?
Unlike President Obama he will not go out there and lie about it

The president doesn't make law I know that might be a news flash but that's up to Congress

Does a bill become a law only as a result of a congressional act?
C'mon you know better than this

The Congress makes the bill the president signs it

The weak ass moderates have lied to their constituencies. They are no better than the liberals who pushed the ACA into law

President Trump has done all he can do by having Congress meet with him late nights the moderates will be the downfall of the Republican Congress Bank on that

The moderates will be voted out. They are weak, and clueless. Just along for the benefits of sitting in the capital.
They campaign on Healthcare and lied

Just let the ACA fall on it's face

The Dems made this mess.
Of course as they withhold subsidies to the insurance companies. #sabotage

C'mon you know better than this

The Congress makes the bill the president signs it

The weak ass moderates have lied to their constituencies. They are no better than the liberals who pushed the ACA into law

President Trump has done all he can do by having Congress meet with him late nights the moderates will be the downfall of the Republican Congress Bank on that

Thank you confirming that law isn't "made" unless both the president and Congress say so.

Trump ran as a consummate 'deal-maker'. He's done nothing but confuse the issue. He has no policy depth on health care. He doesn't understand it, or care to understand it at all. He told people that passing a law affecting one-sixth of the country's economy would be "so easy". How has that gone? He's alternated between claiming we need to repeal only, then repeal and replace, and then do nothing and let Obamacare collapse.

Truthfully, if a number of the other candidates running for the Republican nomination had won, I think an Obamacare replacement would have been done.

Thank you confirming that law isn't "made" unless both the president and Congress say so.

Trump ran as a consummate 'deal-maker'. He's done nothing but confuse the issue. He has no policy depth on health care. He doesn't understand it, or care to understand it at all. He told people that passing a law affecting one-sixth of the country's economy would be "so easy". How has that gone? He's alternated between claiming we need to repeal only, then repeal and replace, and then do nothing and let Obamacare collapse.

Truthfully, if a number of the other candidates running for the Republican nomination had won, I think an Obamacare replacement would have been done.

You mean like President Obama trying to close GITMO?

Congress makes the bill.
The moderates sabotage Healthcare.
The moderates went back on their campaign promises they will be voted out and replaced with a more conservative replacement.

Congress makes the bill.
The moderates went back on their campaign promises they will be voted out and replaced with a more conservative replacement.

The fact that you bring up Obama over and over again means either you have a limited attention span, or are deflecting because you know I'm right.

Obama and Guantanamo Bay are irrelevant to the discussion. Quit trying to change the subject.

Your understanding of the process for making a law is very simple-minded. I suppose like Trump's.

"I alone can fix it." Yeah, that's turning out to be true.

The fact that you bring up Obama over and over again means either you have a limited attention span, or are deflecting because you know I'm right.

Obama and Guantanamo Bay are irrelevant to the discussion. Quit trying to change the subject.

Your understanding of the process for making a law is very simple-minded. I suppose like Trump's.

"I alone can fix it." Yeah, that's turning out to be true.

Sure I have a limited attention span

I brought up GITMO as akin to. Try to pay attention

[...... I understand what someone tries to do when they're in a weak position. ......".[/QUOTE]

I take it you have alot of experience with doing this then?

I get it NDE, by me bring up the past to explain why we are here today wrecks your narrative.
I have been critical of President Trump's Manors of going things , but fixing Healthcare starts in the Congress. President Trump done all he can do getting Congress together. But the simple fact that President Obama,and the liberal Congress have us were we are today.
He did say he is a deal maker but that would be dealing with reasonable people.
The Democrats in the Congress are do nothing's
The Moderates are on step above the Democrates in Congress

Congress makes the bill.
DIP... I am more disappointed in Trump's lack of involvement in this debate, than I am in the actions of the moderate Republicans. I think there is an opportunity to do something really meaningful and long lasting in this area, but it requires Execustive leadership from Trump. Let's deal with reality. Obamacare has moved the needle in American expectations for healthcare: we generally think everyone should have access to affordable healthcare, those less fortunate should have government help with the premiums, pre existing conditions should not preclude affordable coverage, and insurance companies shouldn't receive huge government subsidies to participate. We also don't like the individual mandate or the employer mandates or the prescriptive level of insurance coverage. Most of us are ignorant of the extent to which Obamacare expanded Medicaid to the working poor for the twenty or so States that chose to accept this, but this is a real budget killer and the States that opted for the expansion are NEVER going to support reform that cuts the federal bucks to them for this.
I'm probably in the minority of those who post here, but I would like to see Trump propose a radical new approach. Something along the lines of:
1. Allow insurance companies to offer whatever mix of benefits and costs they want. Do Not require coverage for pre existing conditions or removal of coverage caps, etc... in other words, allow insurance to work as insurance like it is supposed to in a market economy.
2. Allow insurance companies to sell across state lines, but also require that they create exchanges that offer group rates to individuals. This should be left to them to decide how to bundle these...by geography or industry, etc...
3. Provide a Public Option ( the liberals holy grail for a single payer system ) that anyone can buy, patterned after Medicare for seniors except for requiring some level of co pays and deductibles, that covers pre existing conditions and operates without a cap, etc...
4. The Public Option has to be self funded and premiums adjusted annually just like the private sector insurance companies. Government assistance for the premiums will be provided on a needs based system.
5. Everyone would be required to have health insurance. Employers would be required to collect the premiums under either option. For those opting for the public Option, premiums would be deducted from their pay as part of the payroll taxes currently deducted.
6. Employers would be required to offer insurance, whether through private insurance companies or through the Public Option or through the exchanges, and those decisions will be part of the benefits package they offer to compete for the best employees.

The Public Option would be loved by the Dems, and hated by the Repubs, and safeguards would have to be placed to ensure it is self funded by premiums (some with government assistance) and essentially compete in the market place. For those who argue this is the first step to socialized medicine, I would argue that we are long past that and Medicaid and Medicare are already servicing a significant portion of our population. Our private sector insurance companies should thrive under a free market environment. This would not be inexpensive, that is the government assistance for the needy, but the reality is we are already spending huge amounts of resources in a very inefficient hybrid approach that ruins the efficiencies of a market economy approach; and I personally think it is good public policy to ensure healthcare for everyone.

My last thought is for Trump to be the deal maker he is, and put something like this together, but add in a huge kicker for conservatives, and that would be to offer this in conjunction with a school choice voucher system. There are aspect of this for liberals and conservatives to love and hate equally. I appreciate this is a very complicated issue with deep felt principles at play,, and that's why someone like Trump can in fact make a difference if he steps in and presents a compelling alternative that has cross Party likes and dislikes, and then use the bully pulpit to sell his program to he Public. Sorry for the rant!

ADVERTISEMENT