ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Trump Truth

I think you can admit Obama succeeding GWB (war, economy, etc) is much difference than Trump succeeding Obama. If you can't acknowledge that than your biases run deep!

Please enlighten me about my biases?

I didn't vote for Obama. My fear of Chicago politics going to Washington, in my opinion, was founded. I did though respect the office he was elected to.

Again, no matter what party the leader of our country belongs to I just believe it's best not to lay blame on your predecessor.

Last edited:
I think you can admit Obama succeeding GWB (war, economy, etc) is much difference than Trump succeeding Obama. If you can't acknowledge that than your biases run deep!

What did Obama do in 8 years?
1. Took an apology tour.
2. Did nothing to help the AA community and arguably set back race relations by 40plus years
3. Weakened America's military.
4. Passed a healthcare bill that has raised my premiums/out of pocket costs by 450%

I disagreed with GWB invading Iraq. It has allowed Iran to increase it's influence. We haven't had a perfect President in my lifetime and I would say likely in the entire history of the US. Trump certainly is not going to break that streak.

As I said in an earlier post I would like to shrink government and have it be more responsive to actual serious problems that affect the lives of people everyday. Jobs, infrastructure, national security instead of worrying about providing gender neutral bathrooms for a small segment of the population. Some issues need to be handled federally but many issues belong at the state/local level where voters can have more influence on policy.

What did Obama do in 8 years?
1. Took an apology tour.
2. Did nothing to help the AA community and arguably set back race relations by 40plus years
3. Weakened America's military.
4. Passed a healthcare bill that has raised my premiums/out of pocket costs by 450%.

What did Obama accomplish? A lot:

He cut unemployment in half. We added about 16 million new jobs under his watch. Rescued the economy. Passed Wall Street reform.

The stock market doubled. The housing market recovered. The auto industry recovered.

Osama bin Laden was eliminated. U.S. combat missions in Iraq and Afghanistan were ended. The torture policies were reversed.

Established net neutrality. This is big.

Passed health care reform.

Negotiated a deal to block a nuclear Iran. Repealed "don't ask, don't tell."

Worked to help the environment. Established rules to limit carbon emissions. Reached the Paris Agreement. Boosted fuel efficiency standards. Enhanced the FDA's ability to regulate tobacco.

Cut the deficit. Cut veteran homelessness. Signed the USA Freedom Act, limiting government surveillance.

As to your claims:

1. "Apology tour" is a ridiculous nonsense talking point. He acknowledged the U.S. made mistakes in foreign policy, during speeches designed to forge better relations with Europe and the Middle East. Nothing wrong with that.

Hell, Trump has said the U.S. made a huge mistake going into Iraq (and I agree). Trump, in defense of Putin being called a killer, said, "You think our country is so innocent?" Is this stuff also an "apology tour?"

2. How exactly did Obama "set back race relations 40 years?" Give some concrete examples, not talk radio gibberish.

3. Obama spent more on the military than GW Bush did in his 8 years in office. We spend more on our military than the next EIGHT countries COMBINED.

4. If that's actually your experience with the ACA, you are an outlier. It's lowered costs for millions and provided many benefits that weren't previously protected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quest4Twelve

He cut unemployment in half. We added about 16 million new jobs under his watch. Rescued the economy. Passed Wall Street reform.

The stock market doubled. The housing market recovered. The auto industry recovered.

Osama bin Laden was eliminated. U.S. combat missions in Iraq and Afghanistan were ended. The torture policies were reversed.

Worked to help the environment. Established rules to limit carbon emissions. Reached the Paris Agreement. Boosted fuel efficiency standards. Enhanced the FDA's ability to regulate tobacco.

Cut the deficit. Cut veteran homelessness. Signed the USA Freedom Act, limiting government surveillance.

As to your claims:

1. "Apology tour" is a ridiculous nonsense talking point. He acknowledged the U.S. made mistakes in foreign policy, during speeches designed to forge better relations with Europe and the Middle East. Nothing wrong with that.

Hell, Trump has said the U.S. made a huge mistake going into Iraq (and I agree). Trump, in defense of Putin being called a killer, said, "You think our country is so innocent?" Is this stuff also an "apology tour?"

2. How exactly did Obama "set back race relations 40 years?" Give some concrete examples, not talk radio gibberish.

3. Obama spent more on the military than GW Bush did in his 8 years in office. We spend more on our military than the next EIGHT countries COMBINED.

4. If that's actually your experience with the ACA, you are an outlier. It's lowered costs for millions and provided many benefits that weren't previously protected.

^^^^^Someone's been watching Rachael Maddow way too much...lol.

GO IRISH!!!

Last edited:
"You're going to have such great health care, at a tiny fraction of the cost, and it is going to be so easy."

- Donald J. Trump

For the folks who roasted Obama for incorrectly saying that "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan" -- Will you hold Trump to his promise? Or did you just figure it was bullshite when he said it?

Coming out of the worst recession of our lifetimes, those things would have happened if a chimpanzee was President.

And almost every non-economic thing you mentioned would also be on lists of all the worst things Obama did too. It's just a matter of differing opinions. Not everyone sees things the same way.

As to your claims:

Did you say pass healthcare reform? Funny stuff. He really reformed healthcare :D
The guy is going to go down as one of the worst presidents ever? His library should be no bigger than my shed.

giphy.webp

As to your claims:

YMC6hSf.gif

Reactions: ndfi65 and cheta41
Stock Market up 17 % since November.

Coincidence ?

And the S&P returned 235%, or 16.4% annualized, under Obama. And the Dow went up 210% from March 2009 to the end of Obama's term.

Trump is friendly to big business, so I'm sure he'll continue the good market trend that was started under Obama. We'll see what happens.

Coming out of the worst recession of our lifetimes, those things would have happened if a chimpanzee was President.

And almost every non-economic thing you mentioned would also be on lists of all the worst things Obama did too. It's just a matter of differing opinions. Not everyone sees things the same way.
Easy to say after the fact!

Stock Market up 17 % since November.

Coincidence ?
What % of Americans feel the benefit of this? The same folks who Trump said he'll bring all their jobs back? The coal miners? What about the folks who work for Carrier?

As to your claims:

A. He created part time, service industry, low wage work that couldn't Keep up with a cost of living not to mention the bogus green energy scams. Where are the apologies to our children, and Grand children who will be paying the bill?

B. the Market was terrible under President Obama. The Market under President Trump jumped to record high from day one

C. His ending of the Iraq War was a huge mistake. I'm surprised you are calling that an accomplishment, but since you've brought that up where are the apologies to the families of the fallen Solders, Airmen, Marines, and Sailors who fought , and die for ground gained, and easily given up after the pullout/? The Taliban gained in Afghanistan when US combat missions were slowed never ended

D. Established net neutrality. This is NOT big. Its shameful

E. Destroying the healthcare system is not reform. It was lies. Based and built on lies Were are the apologies for that?

F. He paused a Nuclear Iran going around congress with back room(airport) payment. Iran has since broke many of the conditions and actions have killed US service men since the deal. Where are the apologies to the families of those fallen
G. Worked to help create one of the biggest bureaucracies with his EPA . The Paris Agreement was international welfare. You can be sound environmentally sound without have to pay foreign countries to do their part.

F. "Cut the deficit" very misleading.
"Cut veteran homelessness" This is untrue. Not to mention where are the apologies to the vets situation at the VA's?

Look at the homeless in NYC to Colorado(since Pot was legalized) A once beautiful city now Denver is craphole

"limiting government surveillance" This is comical. Have you not been paying attention? President Obamas NSA has violated tens of millions of Americans Civil Rights. Why this is not being investigate is a crime in itself

1 There are ways to amend the past of this country w/o going about it the way President Obama did. He neglected to mention the accomplishments to Europe the past has done by the US.
His treatment of Israel was shamefully. The sole democracy in the Middle East and best friend to the USA. He went as far as colluding with the opposition to Prime Minister Netanyahu. Were is the investigation on that? Who will make the apologies to the Israelis?

2. By promoting Black Lives Matter (which was built on a lie) yet President Obama I guess didn't believe his own AG? By allowing a race baiter as Sharpton to have such access to the White house. Where are the apologies to the tax payer that allow a tax fraud as him a position not to mention his falsehoods as a civil rights leader?
By attacking the police on an everyday basis as racist yet more black shooting by police are by black officers. Don't forget " the Police act stupidly" where was the apology to the Cambridge Police Dept?

3. This is very misleading
The military is not where it needs to be. President Obama neglected the Air services to the point where the US is in critical control. The Navy has been neglected as well. Where is the apology to the US armed services?

4. First the lower cost to millions is off the backs of the hire cost of many many more millions of Americans. Where is the apologies for the lies, and con job that was performed to past a social experiment on a 5th of the economy the failed, and was predicted to fail before the passing of it?

Last edited:
Did you say pass healthcare reform? Funny stuff. He really reformed healthcare :D
The guy is going to go down as one of the worst presidents ever? His library should be no bigger than my shed.
I'd bet my kids life he will not go down as the worst. Regardless you're emotions are not a real metric to base it on.

Easy to say after the fact!
And why is it easy to say? Because there's a long history of the same thing happening after economic downturns. Economic downturns, and the subsequent recoveries, have little to do with whoever is President when either one occurs. Our economy cycles, always has, most likely always will.

What % of Americans feel the benefit of this? The same folks who Trump said he'll bring all their jobs back? The coal miners? What about the folks who work for Carrier?
The percentage of Americans that have a pension plan, a 401K, or some other retirement vehicle that is in some part tied to the stock market indexes. I suspect that would be a pretty significant percentage.

Everyone with a 401K

New Clean Coal plants have just opened and others are being built.

I had a 401k through the entire Obama administration. It more than doubled. So your claim that the market was "terrible" under Obama is false. You don't have to take my word. The Dow and S&P 500 have historical information you can easily access (if you like facts).

I'm just glad I kept my money in the market instead of buying gold like Hannity kept telling me to do.

"Clean coal?" What a ridiculous phrase. I love the miners, but ain't nothing "clean" about coal. The coal jobs aren't coming back in any significant way. We have transitioned to cleaner, cheaper energy sources. It's been trending that way for decades.

Reactions: echowaker
Hum

Yet new plants are opening and being plans for new ones.....so what's your point?

Now in regards to the 401k I was just answering his question but thanks for chiming in.

BTW I have gold mining rights and stock in gold because my parents invested early when my father was transferred to Elmendorf AK in the 50's.

Gold is a nice idea, but you need big money to invest in gold

Last edited:
Damn if Patrick Ewing and Barack are for Trump maybe I should rethink my allegiance to The Donald?
Why exactly do you equate a strong, smart woman to a man? If you have a daughter you should be "proud". If you have a son, you're a disgrace for most likely raising/raised a man to disrespect woman like you're doing.

Reactions: benko's army
Why exactly do you equate a strong, smart woman to a man? If you have a daughter you should be "proud". If you have a son, you're a disgrace for most likely raising/raised a man to disrespect woman like you're doing.

Lighten up you liberal hypocrite. You people say the most vile crap about Trump and his family. You are the disgrace. I am a proud American and Marine and have five sisters and plenty of neices who I treat with the upmost respect.I am not a choir boy I admit but not a hypocrite . So kiss off. .

Last edited:

You call people that voted for Donald Trump as Trumpanzees--- you Hypocrite.
So you can compare millions of people (woman and men) to chimpanzees but I can't compare Micchelle Obama to a man ? You are a hypocrite as most far leftwingers are.

This is you; the hypocrite.
President Hillary Clinton...wait a minute she's not the president! Move on. It's always interesting to figure out who are the Trumpanzees who quote Fox News stories and willing to shoot someone who speaks ill of the Donald. You guys really need to get a grip and realize Trump don't you know you and doesn't care to know you. He talks like he does which is what got you guys on the fishing line. Oh and before you go quoting anymore Fox News stories, just remember this is the same entertainment channel that had a story about Seth Rich talking to Wikileaks the other day and it was complete false. Then had the gal to change the story and blame the detective, but the detective was told about Wikileaks from wait for it the Fox news guy. Talk about Fake News!

160 Quest4Twelve, May 17, 2017
Last edited: May 18, 2017

It's always interesting to figure out who are the Trumpanzees who quote Fox News stories and willing to shoot someone who speaks ill of the Donald.
...Questfortwelve

Which Trump supporter on this board is willing to shoot someone who speaks ill of the Donald ? Where is your proof? Or are you just a DRAMA QUEEN?

There was a ANTITRUMP man who just shot a few republican congressmen at a charity baseball game. That is a fact. The hate comes from you people not ours.

DIP or Bodi, can you provide a link to any announcement or news story about a new clean coal plant started since King Donald took office? The only ones I know were built during Obama administration.

Reactions: benko's army
DIP or Bodi, can you provide a link to any announcement or news story about a new clean coal plant started since King Donald took office? The only ones I know were built during Obama administration.
He's only been in office less then 6 months.

It's always interesting to figure out who are the Trumpanzees who quote Fox News stories and willing to shoot someone who speaks ill of the Donald.
...Questfortwelve

Which Trump supporter on this board is willing to shoot someone who speaks ill of the Donald ? Where is your proof? Or are you just a DRAMA QUEEN?

There was a ANTITRUMP man who just shot a few republican congressmen at a charity baseball game. That is a fact. The hate comes from you people not ours.
Good try Bodi. Like a good Trump foot soldier you spin, spin, spin. If you think that's on the same level no wonder why you're a Trump disciple.

I used to think you were a full grown man, but I'm thinking you're about 15-16? If so, let me know and I'll adjust my thinking of you.

The second Libitard has surfaced on this thread.

Yes in Houston. What's your point?

Well, you had noted earlier that clean coal plants had opened, and when you were asked earlier for some type of news release indicating that a plant had opened, your response was "He's only been President for 6 months" - which I took as meaning that nothing had opened so far.

I ask because I'm genuinely curious and hadn't seen any release about a new plant opening. Plus, Trump's references are also so vague that it's unclear what he's referring to.

By way of example, he had referenced earlier a coal mine opening up as evidence that what he was doing was working. But development of that coal mine had begun prior to the November election: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/presidential/factcheck-trumps-coal-spin-20170612.html

They were building coal plants when Obama was in office? Lol...you don't have a very good brain do you.
GO IRISH!!!

Reactions: cheta41
A. He created part time, service industry, low wage work that couldn't Keep up with a cost of living not to mention the bogus green energy scams. Where are the apologies to our children, and Grand children who will be paying the bill?

B. the Market was terrible under President Obama. The Market under President Trump jumped to record high from day one

C. His ending of the Iraq War was a huge mistake. I'm surprised you are calling that an accomplishment, but since you've brought that up where are the apologies to the families of the fallen Solders, Airmen, Marines, and Sailors who fought , and die for ground gained, and easily given up after the pullout/? The Taliban gained in Afghanistan when US combat missions were slowed never ended

D. Established net neutrality. This is NOT big. Its shameful

E. Destroying the healthcare system is not reform. It was lies. Based and built on lies Were are the apologies for that?

F. He paused a Nuclear Iran going around congress with back room(airport) payment. Iran has since broke many of the conditions and actions have killed US service men since the deal. Where are the apologies to the families of those fallen
G. Worked to help create one of the biggest bureaucracies with his EPA . The Paris Agreement was international welfare. You can be sound environmentally sound without have to pay foreign countries to do their part.

F. "Cut the deficit" very misleading.
"Cut veteran homelessness" This is untrue. Not to mention where are the apologies to the vets situation at the VA's?

Look at the homeless in NYC to Colorado(since Pot was legalized) A once beautiful city now Denver is craphole

"limiting government surveillance" This is comical. Have you not been paying attention? President Obamas NSA has violated tens of millions of Americans Civil Rights. Why this is not being investigate it a crime in itself

1 There are ways to amend the past of this country w/o going about it the way President Obama did. He neglected to mention the accomplishments to Europe the past has done by the US.
His treatment of Israel was shamefully. The sole democracy in the Middle East and best friend to the USA. He went as far as colluding with the opposition to Prime Minister Netanyahu. Were is the investigation on that? Who will make the apologies to the Israelis?

2. By promoting Black Lives Matter (which was built on a lie) yet President Obama I guess didn't believe his own AG? By allowing a race baiter as Sharpton to have such access to the White house. Where are the apologies to the tax payer to allow a tax fraud as him a position not to mention his falsehoods as a civil rights leader?
By attacking the police on an everyday basis as racist yet more black shooting by police are by black officers. Don't forget " the Police act stupidly" where was the apology to the Cambridge Police Dept?

3. This is very misleading
The military is not where it needs to be. President Obama neglected the Air services to the point where the US is in critical control. The Navy has been neglected as well. Where is the apology to the US armed services?

4. First the lower cost to millions is off the backs of the hire cost of many many more millions of Americans. Where is the apologies for the lies and con job that was performed to past a social experiment on a 5th of the economy the failed, and was predicted to fail before the passing of it?

Great post . only problem with anyone trying to use logic with the lefties here is we will never convince them. they do not want to hear logic

I think history will treat Obama well for his handling of the Financial crisis, including the auto industry bail out. While I detest Obamacare, history will also treat him well for this because he dramatically moved the needle in this country towards universal healthcare. Obama by all accounts is a good father and husband, and he can deliver a soaring inspirational speech with the best. I think history will also treat his presidency as largely one of missed expectations, failed foreign policy, a President who enjoyed great popularity on a personal level while his policies and vision for America were out of step with the vast majority of Americans, a man with charismatic leadership qualities with few leadership skills.
By contrast, I detested Clinton on a personal level, and I think history will acknowledge his lack of character largely tied to his lying sex scandal and incidents of sexual harassment, but I think history will treat him exceptionally well for his policy and executive skills, both foreign and domestic.
Just as Bush's bungling of the Iraq war and the economy and his communication challenges gave us Obama; Obama's vision for America and its disconnect with the majority of Americans and his bungling of the economy and healthcare and foreign policy on many levels gave us Trump. For the first time since the age of mass communication, voters were willing to disregard character and accept sophomoric campaign promises in exchange for perceived Executive leadership with non politician credentials. It remains to be seen how history will treat Trump's presidency, but the resist movement by Dems and the rabid anti Trump bias by the media, and the behind the scenes undermining of Trump by his own party establishment will all be part of the story.
Of course this means we'll have the reincarnation of Jimmy Carter as the President to follow Trump, and that's a scary thought!

Well, you had noted earlier that clean coal plants had opened, and when you were asked earlier for some type of news release indicating that a plant had opened, your response was "He's only been President for 6 months" - which I took as meaning that nothing had opened so far.

I ask because I'm genuinely curious and hadn't seen any release about a new plant opening. Plus, Trump's references are also so vague that it's unclear what he's referring to.

By way of example, he had referenced earlier a coal mine opening up as evidence that what he was doing was working. But development of that coal mine had begun prior to the November election: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/presidential/factcheck-trumps-coal-spin-20170612.html

I noted new coal plants have open True in Houston, then I was asked what Plants have opened during his tenure, and I responded he's only been President less then 6 months.

I work for one of the largest Geo Tech/ Engineering firms in the country. It will take years for any new plants to be built, and running. So if you are asking me under Presidents Trump's tenure if any are being considered I don't know, but I was responding to a poster saying coal isn't coming back. If coal Mines are opening then he will continue, and not block the openings

Now we have been working on converting coal plant to coal/natural gas plants because cleaner energy in the future, but at this point coal in still an energy source.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT