ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Trump Truth

SeanPol355

I've posted how many times?
Aug 29, 2003
Chicago area
How do you know when Trump is telling the truth?

Serious question for Trump supporters.

I can't figure it out. I know most of his policy goals, but his twits are all over the place. His staff gives a variety of interpretations of what he says. Then the story changes again. Hard to follow.

Please provide some guidance.

We have this continual back and forth about what is or isn't true. Help us out.

Yep. Tell me what you are going to do then do it. Quit blaming the last guy. The people behind Trump have been blaming Obama and Clinton for so long they have forgotten how to govern on their own.

20264918_495683584109970_4775037005926281654_n.jpg

#TraderTrump the orange idiot isn't fit to POTUS and its followers are not fit to be citizens

Sean, you and I are near polar opposites on the political spectrum; but to your question, I think Trump's massive ego and private sector success bullying and fighting for every advantage, and an obsession with never showing weakness, all contribute to how he spins. As much as I dislike Trump the man, I do support the overall direction on the domestic front; but he is not grounded to any ideological bent per se, and so it is hard to know what he truly believes, and when he is telling the truth. For example, we know where he stands on trade and taxes, and yet he seems more interested in making a deal on healthcare than committed to any particular approach. I posted previously that I think Schumer and the Dems are making a huge mistake with their resist antics, as they are blowing an opportunity to make deals with this president and the moderates in the GOP, that would serve the country well. Instead, they are pushing Trump further to the right for safe haven, all because the Dems and liberals can't accept that Hillary was a terribly flawed candidate that was out campaigned by Trump in the last month, while she sat on her ass and ignored the rust belt. Yes Trump seems to recreate the facts to suit his narrative which seems to change on a regular basis, but you can't honestly suggest that Hillary isn't a habitual liar herself, and unfortunately, the two of them represented the crappy choice we elected for ourselves.

SeanPol, its sad that only Telx1 was reasonable enough to give a straight answer. I've tried using logic with various Trump supporters and have the same problem. The default answer to almost any Trump-related question is to reference HRC and/or Obama. As much as I dislike him, he is our President but it is very frustrating that (1) he can't ever seem to apologize for mistake; (2) give a straight answer to a question; and/or (3) continuously issues silly and juvenile tweets. I no longer talk about the whole "Russian collusion" story because I don't have enough facts. I'm waiting for Bob Mueller to complete his investigation. If he finds nothing, I'll be fine with that. If he finds collusion, I will expect action will be taken and then we can argue about why type of action is reasonable. My gut feeling is that Trump wasn't actively involved in any collusion but that his underlings (including family members) were. That, however, is just my gut feeling.

And were you a truth seeker for Bengazi, Fast and Furious, IRS, Clinton emails, and Solyndra. You people can run, but you can't hide.
What the hell is your problem ? Have you always resided in the past ? A fair question to what is CURRENTLY happening. Curmudgeon alert ! Been hanging out with perse ? I

Reactions: IrishBlessings
What it means is you are selective in your outrage. Lies, scandals, cover ups where people are killed. No problem. Lies yet to be proven. Biggest deal in the known history of man.
Blah,blah, blah. Not fake news just very old news. Welcome to July 24th 2017.

What the hell is your problem ? Have you always resided in the past ? A fair question to what is CURRENTLY happening. Curmudgeon alert ! Been hanging out with perse ? I

Ask the families of those killed in Fast and Furious and Benghazi if they live in the past. Ask those same families how they feel about the lies and cover up. Ask the families if they have just flicked the tragedy away as easy as you and the rest of your lefty pals. And while I'm at it, I'm wondering why you never had the same outrage with those lies and cover ups as you do with this yet to be determined lie. Living in the past is probably all those families do with no closure from Barry or Clinton. And you are an educator?

Ask the families of those killed in Fast and Furious and Benghazi if they live in the past. Ask those same families how they feel about the lies and cover up. Ask the families if they have just flicked the tragedy away as easy as you and the rest of your lefty pals. And while I'm at it, I'm wondering why you never had the same outrage with those lies and cover ups as you do with this yet to be determined lie. Living in the past is probably all those families do with no closure from Barry or Clinton. And you are an educator?
How would you ever begin to even remotely try to determine what I am or am not outraged by ? Who do you think you are ? I m a very well respected teacher, coach and community involved citizen in my area.Continue to live in the past. I hope to wake up and face tomorrow.

Irish duck, thanks for sharing. I totally reject the logic that there has to be illegal collusion because Trumps actions and tweets make no sense otherwise. That's the same faulty dangerous logic that largely led to our Invasion of Iraq under W...i.e. There had to be weapons of mass destruction because Saddam's actions and statements made no sense otherwise. Trump doesn't act according to Wash beltway norms, and I can't begin to explain the thinking behind much of what he tweets, etc... but we should not assume guilt absent any evidence.

Telx1 - we may be closer together when it comes to policy, not politics. My Republican friends think I am a Democrat and my Democrat friends think I am Republican. That means I think for myself.

I have a very strong dislike for Progressives who think government is the only answer. And I have an equal dislike for Conservatives who want to wreck government without offering an alternative.

But when it comes to Trump, he represents everything I adhor about politicians. Long ago I was warned about politicians who believe the lies they tell. But Trump takes it to another level. He weaponizes his lies. He doesn't care what the repercussions are, he is only concerned about today's cost / benefit of what he says.

I work with high profile real estate people who know Trump well. Not one has anything positive to say about him or his business dealing. They are appalled he is President. This includes people who are rock ribbed Republicans. None of them believe anything he says.

#TraderTrump the orange idiot isn't fit to POTUS and its followers are not fit to be citizens

Yeah we should all be put in reeducation camps. Wait that's been done before so I guess you and Stalin would get along well.

Telx1 - we may be closer together when it comes to policy, not politics. My Republican friends think I am a Democrat and my Democrat friends think I am Republican. That means I think for myself.

I have a very strong dislike for Progressives who think government is the only answer. And I have an equal dislike for Conservatives who want to wreck government without offering an alternative.

But when it comes to Trump, he represents everything I adhor about politicians. Long ago I was warned about politicians who believe the lies they tell. But Trump takes it to another level. He weaponizes his lies. He doesn't care what the repercussions are, he is only concerned about today's cost / benefit of what he says.

I work with high profile real estate people who know Trump well. Not one has anything positive to say about him or his business dealing. They are appalled he is President. This includes people who are rock ribbed Republicans. None of them believe anything he says.

Maybe we need better alternatives as candidates on both sides of the aisle. I voted for Trump and I agree he's a jerk and perhaps worse. But I didn't like my other choices in 2016,

Government at all levels has grown into an unmanageable beast. Nothing gets done for the people. It's all about satisfying the egos of those we have elected and the bureaucrats that fill non-elected positions.

Here in CA we have a governor that has no problem pushing a 0.125/gal gas tax to fix problems that should have been built into budgets for the past 60 years. And he's fixated on a high speed train that no one wants when he should be building new water infrastructure.

Our elected officials are too busy playing identity politics while the nation is literally falling apart. Federal, state and local government are all going to go bankrupt funding agendas that have no real meaning on the majority of the electorate. I don't see real fixes for real problems happening in our bloated system of government. The discourse and the value of ideology over finding workable solutions will be the end of the US as we know it.

I can't figure it out. I know most of his policy goals, but his twits are all over the place. His staff gives a variety of interpretations of what he says. Then the story changes again. Hard to follow.

Like a poor poker player, Trump has an obvious physical "tell" which indicates when he is lying......his lips are moving...

I felt the same way with President Obama and the Democratic Party. I finally took Shumer's directive and got the heck out after 55 years. I'll never vote for another Democrat at any level. Major Ara of the Deplorable Army.

SeanPol355 the liberal ginger.
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: TOMMY_23
ADVERTISEMENT