ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Trump Truth

How do you know when Trump is telling the truth?

Serious question for Trump supporters.

I can't figure it out. I know most of his policy goals, but his twits are all over the place. His staff gives a variety of interpretations of what he says. Then the story changes again. Hard to follow.

Please provide some guidance.

We have this continual back and forth about what is or isn't true. Help us out.

You are so confused listening to a liar the past eight years that you cannot recognize the truth.

20232906_866706666811130_796633631973827753_o.jpg
That is one of the funniest posts ever on this board.

How would you ever begin to even remotely try to determine what I am or am not outraged by ? Who do you think you are ? I m a very well respected teacher, coach and community involved citizen in my area.Continue to live in the past. I hope to wake up and face tomorrow.

Self proclaimed .... LOL!

Reactions: Bodizephax
Maybe we need better alternatives as candidates on both sides of the aisle. I voted for Trump and I agree he's a jerk and perhaps worse. But I didn't like my other choices in 2016,

Government at all levels has grown into an unmanageable beast. Nothing gets done for the people. It's all about satisfying the egos of those we have elected and the bureaucrats that fill non-elected positions.

Here in CA we have a governor that has no problem pushing a 0.125/gal gas tax to fix problems that should have been built into budgets for the past 60 years. And he's fixated on a high speed train that no one wants when he should be building new water infrastructure.

Our elected officials are too busy playing identity politics while the nation is literally falling apart. Federal, state and local government are all going to go bankrupt funding agendas that have no real meaning on the majority of the electorate. I don't see real fixes for real problems happening in our bloated system of government. The discourse and the value of ideology over finding workable solutions will be the end of the US as we know it.
That has been my problem all along. 330 million people and we get stuck with bad garbage or worse garbage. The two party system is failing us.

Reactions: Irish Duck
That has been my problem all along. 330 million people and we get stuck with bad garbage or worse garbage. The two party system is failing us.
Is it that? Or is it that the current media, social media and partisan environment makes doing the job a miserable experience, so nobody who's capable even wants the job? If Trump doesn't have an ego the size of Montana, would he want this job? It seems like running an empire and making millions, with 10% of the stress. would be a much better alternative for a 70 year old than putting up with the BS that a President has to wade through on a daily basis these days.

Reactions: rgc7 and cheta41
How do you know when Trump is telling the truth?

Serious question for Trump supporters.

I can't figure it out. I know most of his policy goals, but his twits are all over the place. His staff gives a variety of interpretations of what he says. Then the story changes again. Hard to follow.

Please provide some guidance.

We have this continual back and forth about what is or isn't true. Help us out.
It was much easier under Obama. We knew he was always lying and then had the liberal media there to cover up for him.

What it means is you are selective in your outrage. Lies, scandals, cover ups where people are killed. No problem. Lies yet to be proven. Biggest deal in the known history of man.
Well put. So true! Liberals are inherently evil.

Is it that? Or is it that the current media, social media and partisan environment makes doing the job a miserable experience, so nobody who's capable even wants the job? If Trump doesn't have an ego the size of Montana, would he want this job? It seems like running an empire and making millions, with 10% of the stress. would be a much better alternative for a 70 year old than putting up with the BS that a President has to wade through on a daily basis these days.

Ego the size of Montana ? Your being kind - try the Moon ! And Trump loves all the attention good and bad - loves it - he is where he wants to be. Never seen a person lie as much as Trump does - yes more than Cankles Hilliary and Obama.

Trump is a joke. A complete Narcissistic Con man. Been bullying and conning people his whole life. A guy who had numerous deferments from the military because he came from a privileged background. What a joke of man. A complete joke.

A pussy grabber who has assaulted women by his own admission. A man who by his own words ogled and fawned at a 10 year old kid. " I'll be dating her in 10 years" to a 10 year kid going up an escalator. Are you kidding me ? Is that lockeroom talk Twalsh.

What if that was your 10 year old daughter TWalsh ?

If I heard him say that to my 10 year old daughter I would of knocked him out w/ a hard left hand.

The scum bag cannot even show us his taxes like all other presidents and people running for president have done in the past.

What is hiding from the American People in those Tax returns ?

All the Trump supporters want to give him a hall pass on Russia ? Russia and KGB Putin is / are one of the most corrupt countries in the world. Russian scum bags - are you kdding me ? Why can't we let Mueller do his job and find out the truth ?

If he is innocent then that will come to light - if he is not innocent - then bring on Pence and let's move on.

Ego the size of Montana ? Your being kind - try the Moon ! And Trump loves all the attention good and bad - loves it - he is where he wants to be. Never seen a person lie as much as Trump does - yes more than Cankles Hilliary and Obama.

Trump is a joke. A complete Narcissistic Con man. Been bullying and conning people his whole life. A guy who had numerous deferments from the military because he came from a privileged background. What a joke of man. A complete joke.

A pussy grabber who has assaulted women by his own admission. A man who by his own words ogled and fawned at a 10 year old kid. " I'll be dating her in 10 years" to a 10 year kid going up an escalator. Are you kidding me ? Is that lockeroom talk Twalsh.

What if that was your 10 year old daughter TWalsh ?

If I heard him say that to my 10 year old daughter I would of knocked him out w/ a hard left hand.

The scum bag cannot even show us his taxes like all other presidents and people running for president have done in the past.

What is hiding from the American People in those Tax returns ?

All the Trump supporters want to give him a hall pass on Russia ? Russia and KGB Putin is / are one of the most corrupt countries in the world. Russian scum bags - are you kdding me ? Why can't we let Mueller do his job and find out the truth ?

If he is innocent then that will come to light - if he is not innocent - then bring on Pence and let's move on.
Why are you addressing that to me? My premise was in support of why we have no good candidates for President.

And now Obama is gone so this is an use

This is NDNation level of stupidity.

Huh? The fact is Obama blamed Bush whether you think it's irrelevant now or not.

Did you think it was irrelevant when Obama did it or just when Trump evokes Obama's name in less than a flattering way?

As I posted before didn't like Obama blaming his predecessor and don't like Trump following down the same path.

Huh? The fact is Obama blamed Bush whether you think it's irrelevant now or not.

Did you think it was irrelevant when Obama did it or just when Trump evokes Obama's name in less than a flattering way?

As I posted before didn't like Obama blaming his predecessor and don't like Trump following down the same path.

John Kasich had a rueben sandwich at lunch today and spilled sourkraut all over his shirt.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
John Kasich had a rueben sandwich at lunch today and spilled sourkraut all over his shirt.

Sourkraut? Bet you haven't been to many German Fests, huh?

Yes, Bo, I voted for Kasich in the Indiana Primary even though he had already dropped out of the nomination race. Last November, I voted Trump over Clinton. So take that "sourkraut" and use your imagination on what to do with it. :D

Yes, Bo, I voted for Kasich in the Indiana Primary even though he had already dropped out of the nomination race. Last November, I voted Trump over Clinton. So take that "sourkraut" and use your imagination on what to do with it. :D

John Kasich likes to eat with his mouth open. All I am saying on that matter.

Alice...at least you felt you had a choice as to whether your vote meant anything. California has morphed into a one Party state, so any vote other than the Dem vote is simply an infinitesimal protest. I thought Kasich and Rubio would have made a great pair, and they got my protest vote.

Reactions: irishalice
Alice...at least you felt you had a choice as to whether your vote meant anything. California has morphed into a one Party state, so any vote other than the Dem vote is simply an infinitesimal protest. I thought Kasich and Rubio would have made a great pair, and they got my protest vote.

I liked Rubio too. I consider myself an independent, usually in local primary elections I have to declare Democrat to help weed out the candidates, Locally I split my ticket but lean more moderate right in state and national elections. My pops always told me to vote for the man and not the party.

Last edited:
Reactions: Telx1
And you're not selective in your outrage?

We are all selective in what bothers us and what doesn't.

Every time any politician thinks he has the upper hand on us, I'm out raged. I've seen it coming from both sides here in Lake County, Indiana. For some unknown reason, us voters believe that these guys in office have magic knowledge and the keys to the kingdom. We think, and they think, they know exactly what's best for us in life, love, and liberty. If I see any Conservative give us the business, I will speak out for what it's worth and not hide behind the "I'm a respected human being" and the oldie but goodie "Let's don't live in the past" argument to ignore the past eight of scandals, lies, and cover ups. A lie is a lie. A scandal is a scandal. A cover up is a cover up. At least I'm willing to admit it.

Imagine you inhaling "sourkraut" up youe nose.

I liked Rubio too. I consider myself an independent, usually in local primary elections I have to declare Democrat to help weed out the candidates, Locally I split my ticket but lean more moderate right in state and national elections. My pops always told me to vote for the man and not the party.
Your pops was a wise man! That view was not the prevalent thinking in his day. Yea, I'm a registered independent as well, but mostly because I get disgusted with the movers and shakers in each Party, and the increasing impact extremes are playing in the primary process. Keep coming here to talk football, but get sucked into talking politics! Temple can't get here soon enough.

Your pops was a wise man! That view was not the prevalent thinking in his day. Yea, I'm a registered independent as well, but mostly because I get disgusted with the movers and shakers in each Party, and the increasing impact extremes are playing in the primary process. Keep coming here to talk football, but get sucked into talking politics! Temple can't get here soon enough.

Only 38 days to game day! I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Irish perform on the field this season especially the defense under Elko.

Reactions: cheta41 and rgc7
You need to meet more people in this world.
I've met plenty of people in my life. Every progressive liberal I've had serious discussions with is a nasty person that spews lies and lacks knowledge.

But you keep coming back with this ignorant comment over and over again. Keep aborting babies, allowing illegal immigrants in, and shipping jobs overseas. Your policies will always be evil.

Reactions: cheta41
I've met plenty of people in my life. Every progressive liberal I've had serious discussions with is a nasty person that spews lies and lacks knowledge.

But you keep coming back with this ignorant comment over and over again. Keep aborting babies, allowing illegal immigrants in, and shipping jobs overseas. Your policies will always be evil.

The only ignorant comment is the one that casts a significant portion of our population as "inherently evil".

Based on how you act on this forum and the hateful opinions you espouse, I'm not surprised that people don't like you.

Whoopee you're an independent ! You are far better than the rest of us.

Whoopee you're an independent ! You are far better than the rest of us.
Don't be an ass Bodi. Simply replied to Alice and her status as an independent. Nothing suggested this is a superior or noble path. Just the best for me.

Reactions: irishalice
I just tease IrishAlice now and then about John Kasich and his eating habits.. You bud in so I reciprocated. Sick of politics.
Got it. Understood the response to my butt in as you put it, but not the derisive comment about my replying to Alice that I am an Independent as well. Regardless, we have no issue.

Got it. Understood the response to my butt in as you put it, but not the derisive comment about my replying to Alice that I am an Independent as well. Regardless, we have no issue.

If president Trump fires his AG I will have a big problem with that.
Should he of recused himself I don't know one way or the other, but I assure you Eric Holder wouldn't of which was one of the problems with President Obama's first AG
Jeff Sessions is an honorable man. I believe him stepping away only made it clear there was no collusion
The AG has done an excellent job going after those committing fraud and the illegal immigrant /Sanctuary City situation.

I get president Trump's frustration in regards to the AG recusing himself which open the door for Mueller to come in with his not so independent counsel. How there is no conflict of interest in this situation is mind-blowing.

President Trump doesn't himself no favors but, in regards to the poster who stated one of his issues with President Trump was he didn't know how to apologize neither did President Obama and I don't remember the outrage over that from the left-leaning on this board.

Your average normal working guy/gal consistently thinks Trump is acting or talking in ways that are harmful to his administration. We all do it because his errors in judgement are so damn obvious. His attacks on Sessions are such examples. Can't ever recall a President who acted in such an egomaniacal way that was equally self destructive. I also can't recall a President confronted with this level of orchestrated resistance and misinformation by the opposition party in league with the mainstream media. All very destructive.

Yesterday, Trump claimed that Sessions only endorsed Him because of Trump's crowd sizes. Trump then said: "So it's not a great loyal thing about the endorsement. I'm very disappointed in Jeff Sessions."

Trump is not big on loyalty. Or humility, kindness, honesty, maturity, decency...pretty much any virtue we teach our children.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-ratchets-attacks-sessions-says-201842703.html

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Should he of recused himself I don't know one way or the other, but I assure you Eric Holder wouldn't of which was one of the problems with President Obama's first AG
Jeff Sessions is an honorable man. I believe him stepping away only made it clear there was no collusion
The AG has done an excellent job going after those committing fraud and the illegal immigrant /Sanctuary City situation.

I get president Trump's frustration in regards to the AG recusing himself which open the door for Mueller to come in with his not so independent counsel. How there is no conflict of interest in this situation is mind-blowing.

President Trump doesn't himself no favors but, in regards to the poster who stated one of his issues with President Trump was he didn't know how to apologize neither did President Obama and I don't remember the outrage over that from the left-leaning on this board.

Trump should fire Rosenstein since he is the one that appointed Mueller. If it's true the Mueller was being considered to replace Comey, then he should have been automatically been off the list of the potential special prosecutors.

I agree that Trump would lose me if he fires Sessions. What really angers me is that we are now looking at the 2nd coming of Obama in Kamala Harris. Once someone from the Democratic Republic of Kalifornia become President we might as well just declare the United States as a failed experiment. I sure as hell am not going to pay higher taxes so that more people can sit on their asses.

Yep. Tell me what you are going to do then do it. Quit blaming the last guy. The people behind Trump have been blaming Obama and Clinton for so long they have forgotten how to govern on their own.
Perhaps you can give an example?? So far, I find President Trump to be Truthful. He said he was going to appoint judges to the Federal Courts who have common sense. He has done that. He said he was going to crack down on illegal immigration. He has done that. He said a wall would be built on our border with Mexico. He continues to push for that. Will need Congress to cooperate. He continues to argue for repealing and replacing obamacare. I mean, exactly where do you think he has been lying??

Telx1 - we may be closer together when it comes to policy, not politics. My Republican friends think I am a Democrat and my Democrat friends think I am Republican. That means I think for myself.

I have a very strong dislike for Progressives who think government is the only answer. And I have an equal dislike for Conservatives who want to wreck government without offering an alternative.

But when it comes to Trump, he represents everything I adhor about politicians. Long ago I was warned about politicians who believe the lies they tell. But Trump takes it to another level. He weaponizes his lies. He doesn't care what the repercussions are, he is only concerned about today's cost / benefit of what he says.

I work with high profile real estate people who know Trump well. Not one has anything positive to say about him or his business dealing. They are appalled he is President. This includes people who are rock ribbed Republicans. None of them believe anything he says.
rock ribbed Republicans?? Real Estate people?? Real Estate interest groups are the biggest donors to both the Democrat and Republican parties. Give me a break. Using real estate people as a gauge of importance is sheer nonsense.

Trump should fire Rosenstein since he is the one that appointed Mueller. If it's true the Mueller was being considered to replace Comey, then he should have been automatically been off the list of the potential special prosecutors.

I agree that Trump would lose me if he fires Sessions. What really angers me is that we are now looking at the 2nd coming of Obama in Kamala Harris. Once someone from the Democratic Republic of Kalifornia become President we might as well just declare the United States as a failed experiment. I sure as hell am not going to pay higher taxes so that more people can sit on their asses.
Exactly; listened to a young man who called into a talk show the other day. He said he was benefiting from Obama Care and didn't want it to end. He said he now didn't have to work at jobs he really didn't like. He could not work while he explored different options. All the while, he could be on medicaid. He didn't have any deductibles and his co-pays where only $5. You see when you hear about all the those who will be thrown off of health care if obama care is repealed, most of them are young folks who are benefiting from the expansion of medicaid. They shouldn't be having their lazy lifestyles subsidized by everyone else. I am tired of it.

I think you can admit Obama succeeding GWB (war, economy, etc) is much difference than Trump succeeding Obama. If you can't acknowledge that than your biases run deep!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT