ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mike Tyson

When is he going to fight a real boxer his own age? The guy has fought ex-mma fighters, a retired NBA player, all of whom are way past their prime. It's comical really.
Something you and 99% of humans could never do. He has fought 2 pro boxers who were 35 yo and knocked them out

Look at almost every boxer and in their first 10 fights and they pretty much all fight tomato cans

Jake Paul will never be a top 20 or great boxer but what he has done for a YouTuber with no boxing background is very impressive. I've trained in boxing and it is extremely difficult and anyone who gets in that ring and does what he does I have respect for

I've trained in boxing and it is extremely difficult and anyone who gets in that ring and does what he does I have respect for
This is the funniest sh1t I've heard in a while.

Anything someone tries to accomplish can be considered extremely difficult. Honestly, I'm more impressed with his YouTube success.

Starting and growing a profitable business is extremely difficult as well.

This is the funniest sh1t I've heard in a while.

Anything someone tries to accomplish can be considered extremely difficult. Honestly, I'm more impressed with his YouTube success.

Starting and growing a profitable business is extremely difficult as well.
What he did in boxing is much more difficult.

Taking a regular guy off the streets and then knocking out mma fighters within a couple years is ridiculous

Just crazy impressive to beat mma fighters, professional boxers, and pro athletes coming with no background in boxing is just damn impressive that 99% of the population could not do

Boxing is a very difficult sport.

3 minutes in the ring is extremely taxing and 3 minutes feels like forever.

I know there’s a huge age difference, but I’m surprised that Paul is the favorite

I intend to watch it

Reactions: mcdermottrules
Boxing is a very difficult sport.

3 minutes in the ring is extremely taxing and 3 minutes feels like forever.

I know there’s a huge age difference, but I’m surprised that Paul is the favorite

I intend to watch it
They tried to make it a little more fair to Mike making it 2 minute rounds and 8 rounds instead of 10 or 12

Jake Paul dominated another MMA guy and a bare knuckle boxer in Mike Perry

Decent win after Mike Tyson had to push back his fight

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
Jake Paul dominated another MMA guy and a bare knuckle boxer in Mike Perry

Decent win after Mike Tyson had to push back his fight
I thought Perry would beat him to be honest. Perry has beaten legit strikers in bare knuckle, and recently too. If Tyson is ever able to fight Jake will piece him up guaranteed.

Paul has managed to do something some of the very best fighters did not do...make enough money to be set for life without sacrificing his brains in the process. Dude has all his faculties and can retire a wealthy man. Thats something Muhammed Ali couldn't do...ending up with Fisticuff induced Parkinsons Disease. While we can't compare their boxing skills....we also can't compare the damage done from fighting.

Paul has managed to do something some of the very best fighters did not do...make enough money to be set for life without sacrificing his brains in the process. Dude has all his faculties and can retire a wealthy man. Thats something Muhammed Ali couldn't do...ending up with Fisticuff induced Parkinsons Disease. While we can't compare their boxing skills....we also can't compare the damage done from fighting.
“While we can’t compare their boxing skills…”

That’s being kind.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Harpo, I understand the point you are making. But, we can compare their boxing skills, one of the best in boxing history to average at best. And of course, serious neurological damage versus current great health. The dangers of the sport aside, I sure miss the days when boxing had Ali and Foreman and Frazier and Norton and Leonard and Hearns and Duran, et al

Back in the day I loved going to fight parties to watch Tyson beat the living snot out of other boxers. Well this summer a 58 year old Iron Mike is going to climb into the ring to fight some guy named Paul. Anyone else intrigued by this? Will Tyson get beaten or will he kick some ass?
No 58 year old fighter should be stepping into the ring with anyone. He was great in his day but absolutely fell apart when D'Amato (sp?) died.

Last edited:
Yeah money.
I have to assume that most of you pro Tyson folks are younger than 58. There is a reason that none of his contemporaries are still fighting. You can't beat father time and he shouldn't be lacing 'em up at that age.

I have to assume that most of you pro Tyson folks are younger than 58. There is a reason that none of his contemporaries are still fighting. You can't beat father time and he shouldn't be lacing 'em up at that age.
The reason I like a58 year old Tyson is because he his fighting a tin cup. At least that is what I’ve read about Paul.

For 20 million, if Mike Tyson wants to fight an exhibition against someone 20 pounds lighter and not an accomplished boxer, more power to him.

For 20 million, if Mike Tyson wants to fight an exhibition against someone 20 pounds lighter and not an accomplished boxer, more power to him.
He has the right to do so. He's also rising his long term health. He could get hurt bad in there

He has the right to do so. He's also rising his long term health. He could get hurt bad in there
For 20 million, and if you are Mike Tyson, fighting an unaccomplished boxer//fighter that is 20 pounds lighter....... is well worth the risk.

If Tyson was fighting Deontay Wilder, Shannon Briggs, or a Roy Jones, Jr., we agree.

He isn't.

Last edited:
For 20 million, and if you are Mike Tyson, it’s well worth the risk.

If Tyson was fighting Tyson Fury or Anthony Joshua, we agree.

He isn't.
No it's not. He can make plenty of money where he will never have to worry about money in his life.

Jake paul can still hurt Tyson really bad. It's not worth the risk. His ego is getting in the way. Hope he is safe.

The bigger gloves will help but he can still get hurt bad

No it's not. He can make plenty of money where he will never have to worry about money in his life.

Jake paul can still hurt Tyson really bad. It's not worth the risk. His ego is getting in the way. Hope he is safe.

Jake Paul won't hurt Tyson "...really bad."

Roy Jones Jr.? Maybe so.

Jake Paul won't hurt Tyson "...really bad."

Roy Jones Jr.? Maybe so.
Yeah he absolutely can. He has good power and Tyson is a slower old man.

The weight difference isn't much at all as well. Jake's last fight was at 200lbs. He cut down from over 230 for the fight

He's a strong kid

For 20 million, and if you are Mike Tyson, fighting an unaccomplished boxer//fighter that is 20 pounds lighter....... is well worth the risk.

If Tyson was fighting Deontay Wilder, Shannon Briggs, or a Roy Jones, Jr., we agree.

He isn't.
He is not fighting Roy Jones, because he had the good sense to hang up his gloves. Tyson's boxing career came to a horrible end. He has not improved decades later.

He is not fighting Roy Jones, because he had the good sense to hang up his gloves. Tyson's boxing career came to a horrible end. He has not improved decades later.
For 20 million, I do not blame Mike Tyson one bit.

Why some people take it upon themselves to tell other people what and what not to do with their own lives confuses me.

It ain't your life.

For 20 million, I do not blame Mike Tyson one bit.

Why some people take it upon themselves to tell other people what and what not to do with their own lives confuses me.

It ain't your life.
Who is telling him what to do

"Who is telling him what to do?"

OK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT