ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Death, Taxes and Lebron James

Does LeBron sit when the National Anthem is played before each game ?

Don’t forget IMO the biggest difference is no arm bar. Jordan was constantly getting an arm in the back and he still was able to score on anyone. Can you imagine Jordan today with no arm bar. He’d get 50 a night.
He would for sure average 50 on the season in todays game

Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls won titles in 1991-1992-1993-1996-1997-1998.

Not one of those series went to a game 7.

We disagree.
Yeah you are right.

Yeah no, NBA sucks! Has for a long time. Unwatchable!

Reactions: NDinNJ
you are the biggest moron on this forum. You just passed up posters like Chase with that moronic comment to go with all your others that I proved wrong

Lol
I'm not going to even respond to someone that thought Buchner was a stud. My dogs can evaluate talent better than you. 😂

I'm not going to even respond to someone that thought Buchner was a stud. My dogs can evaluate talent better than you. 😂
Like I said, now you are the biggest moron on the board. I got you like 4 different times just on this topic alone. You got taken to the woodshed

🤣🤣

I also believed Tyler Buchner would be really good in South Bend.

I have zero problems admitting that.

At least you can admit it.
NDNJ---Predicting QB success from HS to CFB and CFB to Sundays is not easy. Steve Angeli, Kenny Minchey, CJ Carr, and Deuce Knight. Who is the best for 2025? I have no idea at this point. The upcoming NFL Draft...evaluating Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, Drake Maye, Michael Penix, Bo Nix, and JJ McCarthy, and predicting their respective future NFL success is just as tough to do, and I have seen all 6 play multiple games.

NDNJ---Predicting QB success from HS to CFB and CFB to Sundays is not easy. Steve Angeli, Kenny Minchey, CJ Carr, and Deuce Knight. Who is the best for 2025? I have no idea at this point. The upcoming NFL Draft...evaluating Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, Drake Maye, Michael Penix, Bo Nix, and JJ McCarthy, and predicting their respective future NFL success is just as tough to do, and I have seen all 6 play multiple games.
Only the coaches will know., and even they make mistakes at times. My point is we shouldn't be overhyping someone based on one scrimmage. I'm reading on other forums that Carr should be starting in 2024 based on one scrimmage with 3rd team players. Its ludicrous.

Only the coaches will know., and even they make mistakes at times. My point is we shouldn't be overhyping someone based on one scrimmage. I'm reading on other forums that Carr should be starting in 2024 based on one scrimmage with 3rd team players. Its ludicrous.
Agree. We have zero clue what CJ Carr is capable of, or any of the 4 who will compete at QB in 2025, in a real CFB game, against quality competition.

I simply hope Riley Leonard and Steve Angeli can get us through 2024 10-2 or better.

How was Michael Jordan unwatchable?
He didn’t say that Michael Jordan was unwatchable

He said that the NBA was unwatchable

The fact that viewership has plummeted over the last 20 years proves him right

He didn’t say that Michael Jordan was unwatchable

He said that the NBA was unwatchable

The fact that viewership has plummeted over the last 20 years proves him right
Pretty much everything on tv except football has plummeted. NBA has one of the largest social media followings for sports and set record attendance. Its Global reach has made it the #2 most popular sport in the world behind soccer.

If what you say is true, why are there photos of him sitting during the playing of the National Anthem ?
I dont know. There's a lot of fake stuff on the internet. He doesn't sit during the national anthem. No NBA players do. If lebron sat during the anthem it would be national news

Pretty much everything on tv except football has plummeted. NBA has one of the largest social media followings for sports and set record attendance. Its Global reach has made it the #2 most popular sport in the world behind soccer.

NBA regular season viewership by year​

• Average NBA viewership across ABC, ESPN, and TNT for the 2020-21 season are 1.32 million.
  • This is a 12% decrease from the 2019-21 season and a 25% decrease from the 2018-19 season.
  • 2021 saw the lowest viewership averages in the NBA over the last 8 years. It is a 33% drop from the 2013-14 season, a season with the highest average viewership over the last 8 seasons.
  • NBA viewership faced a decline for a third straight season and had an annual decrease in 5 of the previous 7 seasons.
  • The average viewership on ESPN was 1.19 million in the 2020-21 season, a 7% drop from the previous year.
  • ABC viewership dropped by 9.8% from 2020, standing at 2.67 million on average for 2021.
  • TNT faced the largest decline in viewership from last year, averaging 1.22 million, 10% lower than the previous season.

• Average NBA viewership across ABC, ESPN, and TNT for the 2020-21 season are 1.32 million.
  • This is a 12% decrease from the 2019-21 season and a 25% decrease from the 2018-19 season.
  • 2021 saw the lowest viewership averages in the NBA over the last 8 years. It is a 33% drop from the 2013-14 season, a season with the highest average viewership over the last 8 seasons.
  • NBA viewership faced a decline for a third straight season and had an annual decrease in 5 of the previous 7 seasons.
  • The average viewership on ESPN was 1.19 million in the 2020-21 season, a 7% drop from the previous year.
  • ABC viewership dropped by 9.8% from 2020, standing at 2.67 million on average for 2021.
  • TNT faced the largest decline in viewership from last year, averaging 1.22 million, 10% lower than the previous season.
How Many Viewers Does Basketball Have?
The 2019 FIBA World Cup was record-breaking, generating 3 billion TV audiences globally. It was made possible by their 70+ broadcast partners, covering 190 territories. The game saw Spain win its second title after beating Argentina in front of 160 million people worldwide.

As for a regular NBA season, it averaged 1.59 million viewers in 2022-2023 across ABC, ESPN, and TNT. This is a slight decline from the 2021-2022 season, which saw 1.61 million viewers tune in to the whole season.

However, that does not mean the sport is losing the people’s interest. Fans are simply using other modes to spectate basketball instead of the traditional TV or cable broadcast.

Im not a fan of the Play in game because 82 games is plenty to determine a playoff team, but this Pels vs Lakers game is chippy, physical & both teams are playing at a high level. Its everything the NBA was hoping for. Zion & Lebron battling. The role players are scrappy. The narrative that the NBA is soft not playing out tonight.

Feel so bad for Zion, he was having his coming out party and picked up a mysterious injury late. Had the Lakers on the ropes.

It's challenging presenting facts in this group. 😂

Only a moron would say MJ was unwatchable. He's a dope
He never said MJ was unwatchable. We all know you are mentally challenged, we'll do better to spell it out for you next time. 🤣

Last edited:
He never said MJ was unwatchable. We all know you are mentally challenged, we'll do better ti see elm it out for you next time. 🤣
Not watching the NBA, including Michael Jordan he did say, because he played and he refused to watch is moronic and ridiculous. Dance around it, spin it, defend him anyway you want to. It was a moronic comment to make

Take a break in this thread, you got taken to the woodshed bad here. Go lick your wounds. Kobe dominated Lebron. Yet they played in different eras. Jokics stats are trending better than Lebrons etc etc. Take a rest, this was rough for you

It's challenging presenting facts in this group. 😂
You really set yourself up for this one:
"However, that does not mean the sport is losing the people’s interest. Fans are simply using other modes to spectate basketball instead of the traditional TV or cable broadcast."

NBA dominates in the social media aspect of viewers and interest. Also, the NBA is huge globally

The NBA is in fact the most popular basketball event even outside the US, where individual franchises within the league have also attained considerable fanbases. According to Ampere’s Q4 2022 survey, the LA Lakers are the most-followed basketball team, both in the US, where 41 per cent of basketball fans follow the franchise, and internationally, where 58 per cent follow.

Across the five international markets surveyed by Ampere with a significant basketball following – Brazil, Spain, China, Indonesia, USA and the UK – only two sports teams exceed the popularity of the LA Lakers: Real Madrid and FC Barcelona.

Value of men's major leagues TV rights outside the US
Annual fees in US$ million.
NBA 715M
NHL 496M
NFL 351M
MLB 143M

The league also amassed a record 32 billion video views across all NBA and NBA-related social media accounts, up more than 10% year-over-year, spurred by growth among young and international followers. @NBA generated a record 18 billion views across social media platforms this season, the most among all sports leagues.Apr 11, 2023

You really set yourself up for this one:
"However, that does not mean the sport is losing the people’s interest. Fans are simply using other modes to spectate basketball instead of the traditional TV or cable broadcast."
So did you. When it comes to revenue which is king, NBA still hasn't surpassed the MLB or the NFL. NBA comes in 4th world wide.

Last edited:
So did you. When it comes to revenue which is king, NBA still hasn't surpassed the MLB or the NFL. NBA comes in 4th world wide.
The debate was interest/viewership & the NBA is still growing despite not getting the ratings it once did from traditional tv/cable ratings. Last night was great to watch even though I disagree with the format.

I didn’t get to see the game last night but it’s good news for lakers fans that they won when their stars didn’t play well. Lebrenda was 6-20 & 1-5. And Davis was 6-16. Maybe they got their clunkers out of their systems.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT