ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Death, Taxes and Lebron James

Serbia played as good as any international team has ever played. They hit clutch shot after clutch shot to repel multiple US runs. I thought at the end of the 3rd qrt Serbia broke our backs when we cut it to 6 and then Serbia pushed it back up to 13. Lebron's D on Joker in the 4th was one of his best Defensive performances ever. Steph put up a legacy offensive performance, KD was clutch and Joel was the unsung hero. Book and Holiday were great role players. I think this game proved the international bball has arrived.
Nah, International teams have played well against us since 2004. They already arrived. We're just still better than everyone else and always will be

LeCaptian America, U Steph A and KD showed how much they care representing our country. That Serbia game was more about guts and heart than their talent. They refused to lose. What a comeback.
Heart. Guts. How much they care. Refused to lose.

You covered it.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Nah, International teams have played well against us since 2004. They already arrived. We're just still better than everyone else and always will be
The 2004 team didnt have our best players, Melo, Lebron, Wade, Amare were all rookies/2nd yr players, I think only Duncan and Iverson, were established superstars maybe im missing someone else but I remember most of that team being really young.
The Redeem team in 08 and 12 London & 16 Rio US teams were dominate. 21 Toyoko had a good squad and still lost a game but Steph, Lebron sat out.
I think today what was different was the US played a really good game and it didnt matter. Serbia has enough talent to compete even win dispite the US sending its best and having a good shooting night.

The 2004 team didnt have our best players, Melo, Lebron, Wade, Amare were all rookies/2nd yr players, I think only Duncan and Iverson, were established superstars maybe im missing someone else but I remember most of that team being really young.
The Redeem team in 08 and 12 London & 16 Rio US teams were dominate. 21 Toyoko had a good squad and still lost a game but Steph, Lebron sat out.
I think today what was different was the US played a really good game and it didnt matter. Serbia has enough talent to compete even win dispite the US sending its best and having a good shooting night.
Well for one, we still should have dominated in 2004 and we got the bronze. Even if it was only Duncan and Iverson as the "superstars" that's 2 of the best players of all time

And you are wrong. The Spain game in 2008 was close and we almost lost. We had close games in 2012 and 2016. And 2021 we lost a game. This team has done like them. Dominate and have a close game. But with the 12 team or 16 team they actually had 2 close games

The world arrived in 2004 but we are still the best and always will be

We dominated Serbia twice already. This was just a team playing really hard that got hot at 3. Nothing more than that

Well for one, we still should have dominated in 2004 and we got the bronze. Even if it was only Duncan and Iverson as the "superstars" that's 2 of the best players of all time

And you are wrong. The Spain game in 2008 was close and we almost lost. We had close games in 2012 and 2016. And 2021 we lost a game. This team has done like them. Dominate and have a close game. But with the 12 team or 16 team they actually had 2 close games

The world arrived in 2004 but we are still the best and always will be

We dominated Serbia twice already. This was just a team playing really hard that got hot at 3. Nothing more than that
Ill concede that we had some tough games i think Lithuania gave us all we could handle a few times and even had us down in the 4th 1 time in KO play. Spain as well. Ill be honest I cant remember exactly how we were playing during those games but today it wasnt like we put up a stinker in the 1st half Serbia just played better. Even in the 3rd we dug in defensively and kept chipping away but Serbia always had an answer. But you're right that internationally the gap has closed longer than im giving credit.

Very interesting article about MJ's 1988 DPOY award. Looks like the Bull's cooked the books & the NBA went along with it. Some highlights from the article. MJ was "credited" with 4 steals but Atlanta only had 3 turnovers for the game 😂. The author was able to get 6 full game tapes the Bulls home games in 88. MJ was "credited" with 28 steals in the "official boxscore" yet they could only find 12 from the game film. NBA.com has MJ 10 steal game but only can show a highlight of 6. Ive heard the Jazz did this with John Stockton's assist as well. This is bush league Sega stuff.
Until I see hard proof on this, I'm not buying it for even a half cent.

The love of the game clause in MJ's contracts tell me all I need to know, as if I didn't know by watching the guy. MJ does NOT strike me as the type to allow inflated stats to ride on his stat sheets. Tom Brady, sure. Lebron James, absolutely.

Send me the 10 steal game or the Atlanta game, I'd be happy to watch in it's entirety and report back and eat crow if I'm wrong.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
Until I see hard proof on this, I'm not buying it for even a half cent.

The love of the game clause in MJ's contracts tell me all I need to know, as if I didn't know by watching the guy. MJ does NOT strike me as the type to allow inflated stats to ride on his stat sheets. Tom Brady, sure. Lebron James, absolutely.

Send me the 10 steal game or the Atlanta game, I'd be happy to watch in it's entirety and report back and eat crow if I'm wrong.
I'm not saying it's true or not

But it's not like he's going to look at the box score and say hey I didn't do this or that. I'm sure he didn't count his steals during the game nor did he care about I'm sure

I'm not saying it's true or not

But it's not like he's going to look at the box score and say hey I didn't do this or that. I'm sure he didn't count his steals during the game nor did he care about I'm sure
I don't recall MJ bribing the Bulls with a "draft my sorry ass playing son or I won't sign" with you either.

Reactions: ZibbyQuinn
18 pages on a Non ND topic. mods should close this thread. It's ridiculous at this point Lebron is great but not the greatest for various reasons.
End of discussion.

His son wasn't nearly as good and who cares. Giannis is doing it with his brother. Who cares
Right, what NBA team wouldn't want someone who averages 4 points a game in college? Just another example of what a douche bag Labronie is

Right, what NBA team wouldn't want someone who averages 4 points a game in college? Just another example of what a douche bag Labronie is
That just shows how ignorant you are.... you have no clue about his son as a player or what happened.

That just shows how ignorant you are.... you have no clue about his son as a player or what happened.
Ah yes, the board "know it all". I know the kid has no business in the NBA and if his daddy wasnt named Labronie he would never step foot on an NBA court

Ah yes, the board "know it all". I know the kid has no business in the NBA and if his daddy wasnt named Labronie he would never step foot on an NBA court
Ah yes, the board "know nothing". He wouldn't have been drafted this year but he would have played in the NBA in a few years so his dad got him there quicker.

Who cares. Does that offend you? Are you going to cry and whine about it? Ah, you're in your feelings.

You sound like a lefty getting triggered

It's going to be okay

Ah yes, the board "know nothing". He wouldn't have been drafted this year but he would have played in the NBA in a few years so his dad got him there quicker.

Who cares. Does that offend you? Are you going to cry and whine about it? Ah, you're in your feelings.

You sound like a lefty getting triggered

It's going to be okay
Doesn't offend me at all, just proof that Labronie is a D-bag thats all. We will see how long he lasts in the NBA. As soon as daddy retires, he will be kicked to the curb playing in Europe somewhere

Doesn't offend me at all, just proof that Labronie is a D-bag thats all. We will see how long he lasts in the NBA. As soon as daddy retires, he will be kicked to the curb playing in Europe somewhere
Trigger warning.....

The fact you care about the 55th pick in the NBA draft who will play in the Gleague and a little in the NBA this year shows how much you are consumed by all things Lebron

Michael would never do that. He's a douche bag. Labronnie. Mike would never bribe anyone (he would just gamble on it) Whah whah cry some more you lefty

My feelings are hurt because he got his son into the NBA. Awwww

Trigger warning.....

The fact you care about the 55th pick in the NBA draft who will play in the Gleague and a little in the NBA this year shows how much you are consumed by all things Lebron

Michael would never do that. He's a douche bag. Labronnie. Mike would never bribe anyone (he would just gamble on it) Whah whah cry some more you lefty

My feelings are hurt because he got his son into the NBA. Awwww
I think I found a bigger D-bag then Labronie. This little rant of yours makes zero sense kind of like your "Mel like" observations.

I think I found a bigger D-bag then Labronie. This little rant of yours makes zero sense kind of like your "Mel like" observations.
It makes sense. But you're a 'know nothing" type

I may be a Dbag but you're obsessed with a man and his child and it gets you in your feelings and you get triggered like a lefty

Let's hear you cry some more about them

We went to a local sports bar to get a bite and a drink and the USA-France game was showing.

Half the bar was rooting for France.

That's what we've been reduced to.

We went to a local sports bar to get a bite and a drink and the USA-France game was showing.

Half the bar was rooting for France.

That's what we've been reduced to.
Or what the US team has been reduced to, look no further than the head coach and star player if you want to see why. Some will drag our country through the mud but gladly wear that flag when it behooves them.

Lebrenda showed his true colors in Paris when he acted like a jackass to a little kid and then 5 seconds later did a little dance at the entrance of the club. What an ahole.
To quote MJ "F them kids." Lebron has been a superstar for 20+ years & I have no problem with him or any athlete not wanting some stranger even if its a teenager thinking they can come up & demand a picture with them when they are in their private life.

Lebrenda showed his true colors in Paris when he acted like a jackass to a little kid and then 5 seconds later did a little dance at the entrance of the club. What an ahole.
I live in so California. I wish LeBron was anywhere but here. Outstanding player, I simply wish he would have stayed in Cleveland.

And frankly, IMO, he has no real passionate fan following around here. Nothing remotely close to Kobe.

To quote MJ "F them kids." Lebron has been a superstar for 20+ years & I have no problem with him or any athlete not wanting some stranger even if its a teenager thinking they can come up & demand a picture with them when they are in their private life.
This dude has been on an anti Michael Jordan crusade this whole thread. A poster mentions LeBron, this dude comes back with some MJ remark.

Reactions: NDinNJ and francade
I live in so California. I wish LeBron was anywhere but here. Outstanding player, I simply wish he would have stayed in Cleveland.

And frankly, IMO, he has no real passionate fan following around here. Nothing remotely close to Kobe.
No shit. Kobe started there and played there 20 years. Lebron came at the end part of his career. Weird comment

I'm sure Lebron cares what you wish he would have done

This dude has been on an anti Michael Jordan crusade this whole thread. A poster mentions LeBron, this dude comes back with some MJ remark.
Actually other people keep bringing him up and he responded to it. He made the thread and it wasn't about MJ. Others made it so

“To quote MJ "F them kids." Lebron has been a superstar for 20+ years & I have no problem with him or any athlete not wanting some stranger even if its a teenager thinking they can come up & demand a picture with them when they are in their private life.”

Mj was a d1ck too, but in a little bit of a different way. As for you not caring if an athlete is an ahole to a kid wanting an autograph, congrats. Star gazers excuse a lot of shitty stuff stars do, Lebrenda being one of the bigger culprits. But adore away, it’s a free country.

No shit. Kobe started there and played there 20 years. Lebron came at the end part of his career. Weird comment

I'm sure Lebron cares what you wish he would have done
Nothing weird about it. Like I said. I wish his act would have stayed in Cleveland.

I don’t totally blame LeBron. Part of the problem is the LA Laker front office. Or the lack of one who allows LeBron to run the team.

There’s no Pat Riley around in LA like there is in Miami when LeBron wanted Eric Spoelstra fired.

Is what it is.

“To quote MJ "F them kids." Lebron has been a superstar for 20+ years & I have no problem with him or any athlete not wanting some stranger even if its a teenager thinking they can come up & demand a picture with them when they are in their private life.”

Mj was a d1ck too, but in a little bit of a different way. As for you not caring if an athlete is an ahole to a kid wanting an autograph, congrats. Star gazers excuse a lot of shitty stuff stars do, Lebrenda being one of the bigger culprits. But adore away, it’s a free country.
MJ was coached by Phil Jackson. A great head coach. Completely different deal.

Nothing weird about it. Like I said. I wish his act would have stayed in Cleveland.
Yeah it was weird. Who cares and irrelevant comment. Just a weird comparison to compare a homegrown 20 year player to a guy who came closer to the end of his career.

Who cares what you wished

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT