ADVERTISEMENT

Official ND v. Texas game thread

This defense has some big problems in the games to come. We have a QB. We do not have any kind of defense. Same old song and dance.

Reactions: Walt34
Offense is going to be good! Our Defense is just terrible. Cut the head off right now and get rid of BVG!!! He sucks!!! His system sucks!!!

50 points to Texas. Get ready for a long freakin year. The whole program ought to be embarrassed.

Look out for the Kool Aid crowd

Many years ago I joined this message board because I hoped to learn more about football from knowledgeable fans, but i learned a long time ago that it's mostly just people like me yakking.

I'm not surprised by the loss and I'm not surprised so many ND fans thought we would win by two or three TDs.

The only thing I know is our defense absolutely sucks.

Reactions: captstabbin
50 pts to an average Texas offense. one of the worst defensive performances i have ever seen. entire defense is a joke

Van Gorder is an embarrassment and so is Kelly for his situational game management . Playoffs window is nearly shut already. STill have MSU, Stanford, Miami and USC in tough games to go. With this defense? Going to have to put up 45 to stay in it. Not going to happen. ND hasnt had a solid defense in God knows when.

Offense wasted too many series with Malik. This loss squarely on Kelly. Again. Love Kizer. He deserved better. Happy for Charlie and Texas. No playoffs this season. Crushing defeat. MSU next. This season could get ugly in a hurry. Hope Kizer starts and plays the whole game. Who knows? Great job Texas.

Any call to fire BVG should be followed by a call to fire Kelly. His coordinator. His players on defense. His strength coach. Terrible.

I had no idea our Defense was this bad. Losing Butler and Redfield was something that could not happen. Now you see how bad we are. I still think we win 8 games, but this will be the worst Defense that we have seen in the last 20 years. It's time for BVG to go!!! I know it won't happen, but how bad could it be if we just fire his ass before he gets on the plane. 50 points to an unranked opponent with a Fr QB is unacceptable!

terrible job by the ND coaches; as bad as it gets!
at least we can be spared the pom pom playoff banter!
that was a team that was still in the early stages of development vs a Kelly coached staff of experienced coaches and some with him 7 years! seven years! It look very much like 7 years will be in the books and ND will not get a major bowl W.
And 2017 will be a tougher schedule! 2016 was Kelly's best shot!
Folks it ain't happening with Kelly and there is 5 more seasons after this one.
Another buyout?

Reactions: rclement
But once again the defense can out underprepared and folded when we needed them. BVG needs to go.

let's be honest guys/gals does anyone really think this is a playoff team? Defensively they are just awful. worse then last year.

I want to hear BKs response on why he played for the tie and OT, expecting this defense to come up big. His answer should be pure magic.

All I asked was for the defense to just show up. They looked so poorly coached how does someone with a bit of common sense think this will change?

Yeah Perse -- bring in your buddy Stoops. That's just bullshit. We are a young team, inexperience on the secondary and o-line needs time to come together, Kizer is the QB. But hey, lets bring back CW. Gimme a break. Kelly's only bad coaching decision was bringing in BVG -- he had all the horses in the world last year and week after week had our d unprepared.

Kelly has the smartest man in the room syndrome.
He outsmarts himself and costs them games.

Clemson, Stanford and now.

4th and 1 from midfield with 5 mins to go and Kelly punts. Just a joke of coach. There's a lot of problems with the football program and he's the biggest one.

#FireVAnGorder going on Twitter. Needs to be spread like wildfire. He is a clown

I will take 8 wins with this team. I think this is the year the young players get a chance on D to play. Can you imagine what MSU and Stanford are going to do to our D!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT