ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame's Defense under BVG

Has to be the worst in history.

I thought I"d seen it all under Kuharich and Weis ... but Kelly with BVG wins hands down for the worst defense in ND history.
This is a fine defense but they are young..These are 4 star players,,,,,Please know your facts,

This is a fine defense but they are young..These are 4 star players,,,,,Please know your facts,

Yeah, will they look like 4 star players today don't they? The fact that they were such highly rated players coming in just adds more validity to that it might be the worst in history.

Reactions: gavin1989
Kelly has to go. For hiring BVG if for no other reason. His call, he should be held accountable.

Duke scored only 14 and 13 points against WF and Northwestern. Already 28 against ND in the first half.

I'm at the point where as I watch this every week I feel like the players don't even believe in this ridiculous scheme or the coach behind it. Don't care what they said publicly all week cause that's what you're going to say in that situation.

The offensive play calling stinks too. Kelly seems to think it's Kizer making poor decisions. Who's the captain of the ship?

4 STAR PLAYERS DO NOT MAKE IT A FINE D. Playing with purpose and heart makes a fine D[including the basics of d]. I like to dream but I am a realist....the D sucks!!!@!!

The offensive play calling stinks too. Kelly seems to think it's Kizer making poor decisions. Who's the captain of the ship?
Maybe Kelly needs that loaded thumb directed at himself. He totally took away ND advantage in 1st quarter and,yes, I give Duke credit for their heart but theit talent level is way below what ND'S should've been.

They may be young ... if so, its the coaching staff's duty to install a system where they're more likely to succeed.

What Kelly and BVG are trying to do is akin to trying to put a square peg into a round hole. Its becoming obvious, to me at least, that Kelly and BVG have a one track mind ... they are trying to stick with their favorite offense and defense schemes regardless of the players they have available to them.

Great coaches are the ones who change to utilize the unique skills that their players have and mask their weaknesses.

Maybe Kelly needs that loaded thumb directed at himself. He totally took away ND advantage in 1st quarter and,yes, I give Duke credit for their heart but theit talent level is way below what ND'S should've been.
That depends on if you are the guy that believes the Jimmy's and Joe's are more important then the X', and O's

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT