ADVERTISEMENT

QB play

Miller Moss will probably be in the portal in December. As will Pine. If I were ND I would go after him and then have a QB competition in Spring and summer
Moss is a happy camper.

2nd to last play of the first half. Receiver wide open down the seam for what should have been a easy TD

Lenzy dropped the ball

That was one play, cite the other plays where the WR‘s were wide open and Buchner didn’t hit them.

He's a thrower not a passer. Big difference and it shows in the inconsistency in accuracy. The missed wide open receivers and just a godawful throw on the pick 6. That ball always has to be to the sideline shoulder. Absolute disaster when the throw goes inside. As bad as they played they win if not for a couple of missed easy throws and if Lifau doesn't completely blow his assignment on the 3rd down conversion by Marshall inside the 10 yard line. What the hell was he doing ? He's been another real disappointment. I'm ready to see Kiser and the young guys. Sit Bauer, Bertrand and Lifau.
athlete who play QB
vs
QB who is an athlete

Which do you recruit?

Last edited:
Lenzy dropped the ball

That was one play, cite the other plays where the WR‘s were wide open and Buchner didn’t hit them.
You can't discuss anything with a moron like you .. Lenzy dropped the ball .. yeah right. You're a FI

Lenzy dropped the ball

Lenzy dropped the ball? No he didn’t it was over thrown with no air under it

Styles wide open second half poorly thrown deep ball

You can't discuss anything with a moron like you .. Lenzy dropped the ball .. yeah right. You're a FI
Go back and look at the video, that was a catchable ball, not an easy catch, but it hit him in his hands

So what other plays were the WR’s wide open on deep balls ?

None ?

So you were exaggerating and fabricating incidents to make Buchner look bad !

Nice !

TB's a true sophomore who's career is just starting. He has all the talent to be a very good and prolific passer. But it looks like Buchner is going to settle in as the pretty serious whipping boy for ND fans, who are now going to have to deal with an actually shitty team, as opposed to the top five, elite program we were under BK, with a very high-functioning offense with of course, Ian Book, and then Jack Coan, who nevertheless was railed about as if they totally sucked...

But we do have a shitty QB on the roster, who really flat out seems like he doesn't belong at this level, and would be a drag on any offense, and that's Drew Pyne. If he was our starting QB, then it'd be like, okay he really does suck, and you guys can pull every last hair out of your head.

But not Buchner, he's a total talent. And I would submit that if we had a hired a different OC nine months ago, which would have had a fundamentally transformative effect on the offense, that everything could be totally different right now. Not that we would be the #1 offense in the country, but the complexion and the basic level of competence could be completely different. And that goes for HH too. The guys's an over the hill retread.

The bottom line being that if only we could swap out Buchner for Trevor Lawrence, that everything would be rolling right now is effin' stupid. But people are going to be saying a lot of stupid shit about ND football for a long time to come......
I agree, I think TB looks the most comfortable/confident QB since Kizers breakout year. He’s going to be good, has a feel for the game and plays with a chip. Hopefully they continue to support and develop him.

Lenzy dropped the ball? No he didn’t it was over thrown with no air under it

Styles wide open second half poorly thrown deep ball
One bounced off his helmet on the sideline with his hands out stretched, that’s bizarre to me, clearly not tracking it. Ball was behind Styles but 100% should have been caught.

Go back and look at the video, that was a catchable ball, not an easy catch, but it hit him in his hands

So what other plays were the WR’s wide open on deep balls ?

None ?

So you were exaggerating and fabricating incidents to make Buchner look bad !

Nice !
Yeah right, it hit his hands .. you are a moron, the ball was overthrown to a morecthan wide open receiver.

Mayer was wide open on the seam route in the second havecas well; over thrown

I agree, I think TB looks the most comfortable/confident QB since Kizers breakout year. He’s going to be good, has a feel for the game and plays with a chip. Hopefully they continue to support and develop him.
Most comfortable and confident than anyone since basically 2015?

You do remember Ian Book winning 30+ games for us, right? Book mastered the O, and commanded it as good as he possibly could have.

Buchner has looked more confident and comfortable? I don’t see it.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
Yeah right, it hit his hands .. you are a moron, the ball was overthrown to a morecthan wide open receiver.

Mayer was wide open on the seam route in the second havecas well; over thrown
Cite the time on the game clock.

You guys are funny, “Get Nasty” says he doesn’t have arm strength and you say he over threw a pass that traveled 55+ yards in the air.

You guys are funny, “Get Nasty” says he doesn’t have arm strength and you say he over threw a pass that traveled 55+ yards in the air.
You're an ahole. Cite the time on the game clock? What a douchebag. He over threw 5 passes, it's fact. Did you watch the freaking game. Jesus your a freaking moron

You're an ahole. Cite the time on the game clock? What a douchebag. He over threw 5 passes, it's fact. Did you watch the freaking game. Jesus your a freaking moron
So asking you to substantiate your allegations by citing the play by the use of the game clock troubles you ? Me thinks Brutus doth protest too much !

I did watch the game and I video taped it.

If you make a declarative statement you should be able to substantiate it rather than throw a hissy fit that would lead one to believe that you can’t substantiate your claims

Every QB overthrows and underthrows and misses receivers, that’s what completion percentages reveal, misses.

if you had a brain you would understand the connective implications of an ineffective OLINE and a QB’s performance.

I never post negative comments, but this has to be the worst QB play I have seen EVER at ND. The lack of preparation (and for that matter play calling) is solely on Tommy. I am not worried about the defense. They'll be fine... but if the offense isn't revamped in a hurry, it's going to get really bad really quick.

I’d take Rees at QB over Buchner and Buchner at OC over Rees.

It traveled 45 yards… I didn’t say he has no arm strength, i said his mechanics changed reduced his velocity

So asking you to substantiate your allegations by citing the play by the use of the game clock troubles you ? Me thinks Brutus doth protest too much !

I did watch the game and I video taped it.

If you make a declarative statement you should be able to substantiate it rather than throw a hissy fit that would lead one to believe that you can’t substantiate your claims

Every QB overthrows and underthrows and misses receivers, that’s what completion percentages reveal, misses.

if you had a brain you would understand the connective implications of an ineffective OLINE and a QB’s performance.
You're a dipshit. We're done

As soon as I saw Lenzy break open on that last play of the half even if Buch hits him in stride I think he drops it. He has elite speed and terrible hands. Buch needed Avery. He was our best receiver. He was always clutch and has a knack of sitting in an open area giving the QB a good target.

Lo shows flashes. We need to get Tobias and Colzie back out there for some drag routes. Can’t be all Mayer.

It traveled 45 yards… I didn’t say he has no arm strength, i said his mechanics changed reduced his velocity
How can you throw a pass 45+ yards in the air, over the receiver, according to you, if you lack velocity ?

Most comfortable and confident than anyone since basically 2015?

You do remember Ian Book winning 30+ games for us, right? Book mastered the O, and commanded it as good as he possibly could have.

Buchner has looked more confident and comfortable? I don’t see it.
He was the most skiddish QB I’ve watched play, he was ready to bolt and run a half step into every drop.

How can you throw a pass 45+ yards in the air, over the receiver, according to you, if you lack velocity ?
Less velocity does not equal no velocity…. His velocity is not his issue. His accuracy and decision making and coupled with Rees are the issues….better form creates more accurate and velocity.
Buchner changed his motion and it’s been downhill since … only running downhill works

Less velocity does not equal no velocity…. His velocity is not his issue. His accuracy and decision making and coupled with Rees are the issues….better form creates more accurate and velocity.
Buchner changed his motion and it’s been downhill since … only running downhill works
Only bad decision he made was the pick 6.. first pick was a hell of a play by the CB and deserves credit. Those corners were sitting on every 10 yard curl, salivating - the few times Tommy did stretch the field good things happened or WRs were open. As Zaire said in his tweet, recruit a 5 star QB and run a JV offense. Open it up and run some vertical routes to keep the defense honest.

It’s Pyne most likely for the rest of the season or until the OL gets him seriously injured. Buchner is likely out for several weeks or the season.

Buch is young but it’s not like he is getting help.

Re-watching this he gets hit almost every play and hard.

His first series he goes long and it’s a miss but he gets hammered. On the 2nd long pass it hit Lenzy in the hands and again he gets hammered. He comes back with a nice pass to JT. He then gets hit on a pass that’s an easy shot to Mayer at the 20. They go 4th and 4 and Lenzy is a good yard inside but jumps back and does not even try to drag a foot. Those are big plays and it was a good pass. On all those drives the running game is getting openings but the backs make nobody miss. Their RB is much better than any of ours and it shows.

Our 5 star tackle doesn’t look good at all run blocking. He was pushed all over the field and schooled. He should sit. After we get the stop at the 50 you see him blown up on 1st and 2nd and then Buch again gets destroyed. Right up the A gap. And that’s TR’s fault. A screen would have scored. Its 3-11 and they are right man. Run them off and throw under.

They then screen us to death and walk down the field. D was dominated.

Buck’s first pick he was late on that throw. He has to just turn and hit the spot. He turned and Waited 1 sec and that’s all it took. That’s a rookie mistake. Gonna get that. He will learn.

Buch runs a beautiful RPO and we get a penalty. Then he has a great toss to styles. We had a ton of penalties, they have none. Then Buch hits Lenzy in the helmet. That’s a great long pass. You hit him in the face.

I don’t really have to detail much more but after watching it, Buch is not the issue. Lenzy is not a featured receiver. You only need to cover Mayer and Styles. Our Line is still struggling and Buch is getting beat to death. We are undisciplined at times and MF needs to work the refs. There where all kinds of holds on our WR’s. Can’t be a nice guy with the refs. This is a home game and the refs hit us with everything. That score before the half Marshall got should have been stopped with a offensive hold on Bracy. It puts them in 2nd and 20 instead of 3 and 1. He has to go ape shit on that.

The line needs fixed and you need to move Tobias and Colzie to replace Lenzy. Move him to slot. It can’t be any worse with Lenzy. He is way to small for the wide out.
Hopefully Buch is not hurt.

Lots of little things also. On runs or screens our down field blocking is lacking.

Buch probably has a TD run if Estime blocks his man when Buch RPO’s. The guy peels off Estime and catches him as he does a spin. We scored anyway but lots of sustaining block issues.

Last edited:
Only bad decision he made was the pick 6.. first pick was a hell of a play by the CB and deserves credit. Those corners were sitting on every 10 yard curl, salivating - the few times Tommy did stretch the field good things happened or WRs were open. As Zaire said in his tweet, recruit a 5 star QB and run a JV offense. Open it up and run some vertical routes to keep the defense honest.
The first pick may have been worse than second…
Bothe we’re absolutely brutal,
And why 7 yard outs in college are
Moronic

You guys need to make up your minds, which is it, velocity, accuracy or recognition.

How significantly did Buchner change his motion ?

Why was he advised to change his motion ?

What’s the incremental statistical difference in the two motions ?

a was
Oh no. Watch it. Lifau is running parallel to the tight end then abruptly turns and runs to the middle. For what reason ?
Freeman brought it up in the presser today. It was hendersons guy, and he just forgot/lost him per freeman and they have to correct it so people know and are confident who they have. So bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT