ADVERTISEMENT

NIL

deadirishpoet

All Star
Jun 1, 2003
I have been watching a few videos on the NIL and between the state laws, the university rules it's alot to take in and process.
I looked up the Influence Program Coordinator Claire VeNard to see if she posted any videos on NDs position with it, and didn't see anything.
So here we go college athletes are permitted to profit from the use of their name, image and likeness.
Donor Backed Groups are responsible for 80%......"Donor Backed Groups" sounds nefarious. Arch Manning made $2.8 million, and I'm not sure if he even played a snap. Were do these DBG get the money from autograph signings?
And with that being said there's no set dallor limit for Donor Backed Groups (DBG), and there is no cap on how much athlete's can earn.
Does anyone believe there won't be any animosity...now follow me on this. Let's say Arch Manning did play and put up good numbers does the offensive line have to each get their own deal from these DBGs, or do they rely on Manning good will? There are a thousand different scenarios just like this across college sports.
It's hard to imagine the powers that be knew it was going to be like this, but at the present i don't see how this doesn't kill college sports
Think about it a second string running back has a great game making nothing and the big name QB that gets millions threw 4 ints and a fumble, and that doesn't eventually cause a problem in the locker room?
How about that million dollar player who thinks he knows better than the coach,
and the kicker is alot of these youngmen are getting the big deals for what they've done in high school. It's mostly speculation.
Now I would like to know if any of the purchases I make that just say Notre Dame does it find its way in the this train wreck, or just to the university

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT