ADVERTISEMENT

NDs opponents thus far: #109, #100, >#133, #59

The difference between Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, OSU, etc. (the tier 1 contenders) compared to ND is that those brands have proved that they can compete with the best teams in the country already regardless of the lack of challenge early on in their respective schedules. They also have the benefit of having other systems/resources showing that they are top teams (either by having more talent, by having better production/metrics,

More nonsense. Bama has not shown it can compete with the best teams. Bama lost to Texas at home. OSU and Michigan have played nobody. Your logical abilities are sadly lacking.

Reactions: Pennick4
More nonsense. Bama has not shown it can compete with the best teams. Bama lost to Texas at home. OSU and Michigan have played nobody. Your logical abilities are sadly lacking.
For the same reasons why Air Force's 3-0 record doesn't tell us anything about Air Force's chances to compete with Notre Dame in a head to head match up is the same reason why Notre Dame's 3-0 doesn't tell us anything about Notre Dame's chances to compete with the tier 1 contenders in a head to head match up.

“It's all dismissed merely by a poster calling it "bullshit" with nothing to back up their view”

No, chase, I didn’t merely call it bullshit. I looked at the schedules and then called it bullshit.

“Anybody who presents the evidence is considered an enemy of the board and it's open season to bash hate ridicule mock the living crap out of that person until they decide not to post or change their viewpoint”

Wrong. But when people present evidence that is rooted in horseshit, you may get ridiculed. You’re glorifying a poll that has bama ahead of Texas. Stfu already

The difference between Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, OSU, etc. (the tier 1 contenders) compared to ND is that those brands have proved that they can compete with the best teams in the country already regardless of the lack of challenge early on in their respective schedules. They also have the benefit of having other systems/resources showing that they are top teams (either by having more talent, by having better production/metrics, etc.).

ND however still has a lot to prove and the media is already anointing them when ND hasn't really proven anything yet. Piling up 1-sided stomps vs the worst competition in the country is exactly that: easy wins vs bad competition. You can't really read into it more than that

Disagree wholeheartedly. Not so much with the merit of your words, but with the illusion of “proven” teams. UGA’s, OSU’s and Bams’s QB’s (despite 5* rankings) have accomplished NOTHING in college football. As evidenced by your F+ rankings, Bama is considered the #1 team DESPITE losing AT HOME by DOUBLE DIGITS to an inferior UT team. You simply CAN NOT defend that sort of nonsense

Last edited:
Disagree wholeheartedly. Not so much with the merit of your words, but the illusion of “proven” teams. UGA’s, OSU’s and Bams’s QB’s (despite 5* rankings) have accomplished NOTHING in college football. As evidenced by your F+ rankings, Bama is considered the #1 team DESPITE losing AT HOME by DOUBLE DIGITS to an inferior UT team. You simply CAN NOT defend that sort of nonsense
He will defend it. He's a clown

Reactions: francade
For the same reasons why Air Force's 3-0 record doesn't tell us anything about Air Force's chances to compete with Notre Dame in a head to head match up is the same reason why Notre Dame's 3-0 doesn't tell us anything about Notre Dame's chances to compete with the tier 1 contenders in a head to head match up.

Nor does it give us any real reason to anoint 1-1 Bama as NC’s or even contenders for that matter. Bama, at this point, HAS proven they can’t compete with Tier1 teams this year thus far.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
That is exactly the same logic for all the top teams outside of FSU and TX. The rest are undefeated and played nobody.

If you go by wins and SOS, ND’s schedule due to NCS would have a better SOS than most in the top 5.

That is really all there is to it.

I’m not really sure what we are saying here. ND doesn’t belong in the top 10 with a 100 point plus margin of victory over 3 games. That they should be 6-0 even though they played only 3 games. They are coming off a 9-4 season and a big bowl win. It seems fair.

Maybe your pointing out how bad TSU is? So is UT Martin and Grambling and the host of others when they step up to FBS.

I remind you Navy we barely escaped last year and they beat Memphis if not for some home town ref call after they got the first down on the 10. Traditionally anyone playing them is happy to get out alive.

This is like arguing with a reporter. “ND is not good, they have not played anyone”. Their win over NCS is a better portfolio than most of the top 5. “Yea, but they have not proved they belong like the others because they haven’t beat anyone”. You mean like top 10 Clemson the last two times. “Well they have not been to the big game”. You mean like being in more playoff games over it’s invention outside of UGA and Bama?

You can’t really cherry pick a SOS based on 1 game. Our SOS was 18th compared to UGA-63, Michagan-52, Bama-31.

If the point is we should just shut down ND because we didn’t play 1-12 and win by 100 that’s just not real.

UGA was the Natty winner playing 2 ranked teams last year, one top 10 (UT). Seems like what you should do.

it just seems a bit early to tell us all how terrible this team is. Maybe we just enjoy having a top defense and Offense until it’s exposed.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
Just a reminder how bad the competition has been to start the season. 3 opponents aren't ranked inside the top 100 and the 1 opponent that is is #59.

ND has handled business through 3 weeks but these are not just bad teams but some of the worst teams in the country (CMU included).
Are the ranking based on F(-/+)?

That is exactly the same logic for all the top teams outside of FSU and TX. The rest are undefeated and played nobody.

If you go by wins and SOS, ND’s schedule due to NCS would have a better SOS than most in the top 5.

That is really all there is to it.

I’m not really sure what we are saying here. ND doesn’t belong in the top 10 with a 100 point plus margin of victory over 3 games. That they should be 6-0 even though they played only 3 games. They are coming off a 9-4 season and a big bowl win. It seems fair.

Maybe your pointing out how bad TSU is? So is UT Martin and Grambling and the host of others when they step up to FBS.

I remind you Navy we barely escaped last year and they beat Memphis if not for some home town ref call after they got the first down on the 10. Traditionally anyone playing them is happy to get out alive.

This is like arguing with a reporter. “ND is not good, they have not played anyone”. Their win over NCS is a better portfolio than most of the top 5. “Yea, but they have not proved they belong like the others because they haven’t beat anyone”. You mean like top 10 Clemson the last two times. “Well they have not been to the big game”. You mean like being in more playoff games over it’s invention outside of UGA and Bama?

You can’t really cherry pick a SOS based on 1 game. Our SOS was 18th compared to UGA-63, Michagan-52, Bama-31.

If the point is we should just shut down ND because we didn’t play 1-12 and win by 100 that’s just not real.

UGA was the Natty winner playing 2 ranked teams last year, one top 10 (UT). Seems like what you should do.

it just seems a bit early to tell us all how terrible this team is. Maybe we just enjoy having a top defense and Offense until it’s exposed.
My point isn't to bash ND my point is that it's easy to look like all the problems have been solved in your program when your first 4 opponents have an average ranking of 100+ (as in the 100th worst teams in college football).

I'm seeing a lot of ND-media and ND-homer jubilation about Hartman, about Parker, about the defensive line, the WRs, the RBs, the Safeties, etc. (like all the questions/problems heading into the year within the program have been solved or something). We all need to smack on the brake and let this thing play out, our competition has been terrible to start the year. Not just bad, but terrible.

Nor does it give us any real reason to anoint 1-1 Bama as NC’s or even contenders for that matter. Bama, at this point, HAS proven they can’t compete with Tier1 teams this year thus far.
Especially since they are changing QBs in game 3

My point isn't to bash ND my point is that it's easy to look like all the problems have been solved in your program when your first 4 opponents have an average ranking of 100+ (as in the 100th worst teams in college football).

I'm seeing a lot of ND-media and ND-homer jubilation about Hartman, about Parker, about the defensive line, the WRs, the RBs, the Safeties, etc. (like all the questions/problems heading into the year within the program have been solved or something). We all need to smack on the brake and let this thing play out, our competition has been terrible to start the year. Not just bad, but terrible.

In CFB, you have "lots" of problems to solve. However, if you do NOT solve the QB problem, you cannot compete. Ask Saban. Ask Kelly. ND has solved the QB problem. As discussed on hundreds of threads here. We are unsure of Parker, so far he performed well. We are unsure of our DL, that still is legit. We are unsure of our receivers. That is still legit. We were unsure of our line, that is still legit. The secondary and LB core is one of the best in the country as is our RB and QB. Is this the championship team? Not sure, ND doesn't follow Neon's formula of getting rid of 60 students to bring in 60 players. MF will need a few more classes to build a juggernaut.

I'm less worried about Parker, I dont see TR doing anything different in that NCS game, maybe worse. But its unfair since TR didnt have Sam. The line is still a huge concern. The WR's, they look very solid as does the TE all the sudden.

Each week Sam and the WR play, chemistry builds. We all will see for certain next week what the ceiling of this team is win or lose.

At this UTD forum reputable resources data reputable systems etc mean absolutely nothing

It's all dismissed merely by a poster calling it "bullshit" with nothing to back up their view

People aren't here trying to learn more about Notre Dame football or have reasonable discussions about the team or analyze where they fall amongst other teams they are here seeking confirmation bias that Notre Dame is a contender despite all the evidence to the contrary

Anybody who presents the evidence is considered an enemy of the board and it's open season to bash hate ridicule mock the living crap out of that person until they decide not to post or change their viewpoint

There's a whole faction of people on this site that simply don't post their opinion because they know they'll be ridiculed and shamed by half of the forum here and it's a shame

You would think on a site that prides itself on having alumni from an elite institution that it would be above this trash mob mentality and that there would be some intellectual honesty and integrity
Im bored so ill play along

1st: You claimed you knew more & had better expert analysis than any ND reporter or insider or basically any swinging d!ck on the site. So this is where you set the bar for every poster on this site to measure your posts...

2nd: You predicted because you possessed superior analysis than every homer reporter or poster that ND would struggle this year & let everyone know you bet the under 8.5 on ND's season win total. Now that it looks like its going down in flames you wanna blame a weak schedule that somehow your "superior analysis missed"

3rd: You said BK teams were well oiled machines & predicted LSU was gonna have a great season (which to be fair can still be true) but the 2nd half debackle vs FSU far more fit BK's mo than the narrative you created.

4th: Most posters on here has said we will find out who we are when we play OSU, USC, Clemson. We have been impressed that the team has done what its supposed to do & that the starters have taken less snaps & the reserves have gotten playing time. A rarity during the BK era.

5th There is no crying in trolling. You dont get to sh!t post than cry that everyone is ganging up on you. Some troll narratives work & some fail.

Chase touts a crappy system that puts Bama above Texas when it meets his opinion. Then starts using eye test later when it meets his system. He might actually be one of SJB’s hs girls track athletes.

“ND will play a tough schedule when all is said and done. But through three games, it is the weakest in the top ten besides that of Georgia.”

This is 💯 bullshit ^^^^^^^^^^^^

No, it is the truth.

NC State 54th
Navy 115th
Tennessee State 204th

No it's the worst rankings system rankings. No one uses that system.

Nice try though

Find me another system that combines FBS and FCS programs. CBS ranks all 133 FBS teams, but there are some FCS teams that are better than the worst FBS teams.

Find me another system that combines FBS and FCS programs. CBS ranks all 133 FBS teams, but there are some FCS teams that are better than the worst FBS teams.
You dont need a system that combines them.

Just pick a system that ranks each at the best level

It's not F- so when you use it no one will take it seriously because it's awful

Gotta find a better one

“No, it is the truth.

NC State 54th
Navy 115th
Tennessee State 204th”

I don’t care what some ranking site you used, ND’s schedule so far is tougher than
Georgia’s, Michigan’s, usc’s & osu’s and is somewhat similar to Washington & Penn st.

“No, it is the truth.

NC State 54th
Navy 115th
Tennessee State 204th”

I don’t care what some ranking site you used, ND’s schedule so far is tougher than
Georgia’s, Michigan’s, usc’s & osu’s and is somewhat similar to Washington & Penn st.

If you didn't play woeful Tennessee State, that might be true.

Unfortunately, all the games count. For good and bad.

“If you didn't play woeful Tennessee State, that might be true.

Unfortunately, all the games count. For good and bad.”

I know all the games count & w/ that said, you claiming that Georgia is the only team in the top 10 w/ a worse schedule than ours is BS. Bama & Texas played each other, fsu played lsu, so three teams have clearly tougher schedules, the others are either the same (Washington & penn st) or ND’s is tougher (Georgia, Michigan, usc & osu).

You guys used to proudly boast "ND plays a tougher schedule because we NEVER play MAC or FCS teams!!!".

Now that you DO play FCS and MAC teams, your schedule is no longer tougher. At least, this early in the season.

You guys used to proudly boast "ND plays a tougher schedule because we NEVER play MAC or FCS teams!!!".

Now that you DO play FCS and MAC teams, your schedule is no longer tougher. At least, this early in the season.
It is. For now. We'll see how the season progresses

Fsu vs BC is a perfect example of why these simulated ranking sites are worthless. BC squeeked by Holy Cross last week & have to be in the 100's on these ranking sites power ratings yet their giving #3 FSU all they can handle. Sports are not played on a computer but in real life bet accordingly.

Fsu vs BC is a perfect example of why these simulated ranking sites are worthless. BC squeeked by Holy Cross last week & have to be in the 100's on these ranking sites power ratings yet their giving #3 FSU all they can handle. Sports are not played on a computer but in real life bet accordingly.
What are you even going on about guy? Nobody is saying that algorithm based ranking systems are infallible. They are a tool; a really good tool when used in the right context. Like any system (especially one that is algorithmic and automated) it will have flaws. The idea is to learn what those flaws are and to use other forms of analysis to try to mitigate those flaws.

What system are you using that is better? Your gut? The AP Poll? The coaches Poll? Coach Corso? You keep going on and on about how F+ is trash but offer no alternative means with which you use to gauge team quality.

And in regards to your other responses to me; at least in regards to the stuff I actually said. I stand by that 100%.

Kelly will win a lot of games at LSU and compete for national titles. He'll compete for national titles more than ND will, that's for damn sure. I think ND will win 8-9 games this regular season. That's what I said earlier in the year and I haven't changed my opinion based on a couple early season games where most teams are playing cupcakes. I think the SEC and BIG10 are in a league of their own and will dominate college football yet again ... None of these takes are out there/ controversial unless you post on an ND homer forum.

Last edited:
“You guys used to proudly boast "ND plays a tougher schedule because we NEVER play MAC or FCS teams!!!".

Now that you DO play FCS and MAC teams, your schedule is no longer tougher. At least, this early in the season.”

Even w/ an fcs team on it, it’s tougher than 4 other top 10 teams and similar to two others & all your attacking of the ND fan base for appreciating that we hadn’t played an fcs team until this year doesn’t change that.

“You guys used to proudly boast "ND plays a tougher schedule because we NEVER play MAC or FCS teams!!!".

Now that you DO play FCS and MAC teams, your schedule is no longer tougher. At least, this early in the season.”

Even w/ an fcs team on it, it’s tougher than 4 other top 10 teams and similar to two others & all your attacking of the ND fan base for appreciating that we hadn’t played an fcs team until this year doesn’t change that.

Fortunately, SOS for various teams isn't based on homer eye tests.

“Fortunately, SOS for various teams isn't based on homer eye tests.”

Fortunately, they’re not based on obsessed w/ ND message board visitors from rival schools too.

Fortunately, SOS for various teams isn't based on homer eye tests.
Among my friends and family i'm the biggest domer-homer there is. It's scary how on this site i'm considered an ND hater in disguise lol

if you read my posts i'm not even saying anything that controversial yet people respond to me like if im saying ND is the worst football program in existence

the homers on this site have ZERO ability to be objective and are drunk on the local media's pro-ND propaganda.

Among my friends and family i'm the biggest domer-homer there is. It's scary how on this site i'm considered an ND hater in disguise lol

if you read my posts i'm not even saying anything that controversial yet people respond to me like if im saying ND is the worst football program in existence

the homers on this site have ZERO ability to be objective and are drunk on the local media's pro-ND propaganda.

I agree with most of what is written. That ND usually plays a tough schedule (true). That ND's 12 game schedule this year will likely be tougher than most other team's 12 game schedules (true). And that NC State will probably be a tougher team than most G5 teams (true).

But you can't both take credit for the strength of NC St and dismiss the weakness of Navy and Tennessee State. The three opponents, added together, are very weak.

“Among my friends and family i'm the biggest domer-homer there is. It's scary how on this site i'm considered an ND hater in disguise lol”

I don’t know anything about how you act w/ your family or friends, but your posts here reflect a person that could be considered an ND hater in disguise. Do they not? I mean virtually every post of yours is a knock on ND in some way.

Reactions: BGI User 756
The difference between Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, OSU, etc. (the tier 1 contenders) compared to ND is that those brands have proved that they can compete with the best teams in the country already regardless of the lack of challenge early on in their respective schedules. They also have the benefit of having other systems/resources showing that they are top teams (either by having more talent, by having better production/metrics, etc.).

ND however still has a lot to prove and the media is already anointing them when ND hasn't really proven anything yet. Piling up 1-sided stomps vs the worst competition in the country is exactly that: easy wins vs bad competition. You can't really read into it more than that
Yep

Mich looked real good being curb stomped by UGA and losing to TCU.

“Among my friends and family i'm the biggest domer-homer there is. It's scary how on this site i'm considered an ND hater in disguise lol”

I don’t know anything about how you act w/ your family or friends, but your posts here reflect a person that could be considered an ND hater in disguise. Do they not? I mean virtually every post of yours is a knock on ND in some way.
He is a fraud

Exactly like your F+ data

What are you even going on about guy? Nobody is saying that algorithm based ranking systems are infallible. They are a tool; a really good tool when used in the right context. Like any system (especially one that is algorithmic and automated) it will have flaws. The idea is to learn what those flaws are and to use other forms of analysis to try to mitigate those flaws.

What system are you using that is better? Your gut? The AP Poll? The coaches Poll? Coach Corso? You keep going on and on about how F+ is trash but offer no alternative means with which you use to gauge team quality.

And in regards to your other responses to me; at least in regards to the stuff I actually said. I stand by that 100%.

Kelly will win a lot of games at LSU and compete for national titles. He'll compete for national titles more than ND will, that's for damn sure. I think ND will win 8-9 games this regular season. That's what I said earlier in the year and I haven't changed my opinion based on a couple early season games where most teams are playing cupcakes. I think the SEC and BIG10 are in a league of their own and will dominate college football yet again ... None of these takes are out there/ controversial unless you post on an ND homer forum.
You want my bio: I grew up in a football family my dad coached for 30 years, my uncle for 40. 2 brothers that have coached. Ive been around football all my life & started going to practice every season since I was 5 growing up. I was an unofficial coach where i went on scouting trips, prepared game plans & scouting reports after I graduated high school & into my early 20's, So you could say football has been a family business.
As a gambler College football is my least bet sport mainly because of the violitlity. I dont put much stock into CFB power rankings & stats because of the uneveness in comp & CFB stats are subject to more inflated numbers. I do believe in power ranking for the NFL where the stats bear out more.
Today best bet in CFB would be Wyoming +30. I do like fading a team that comes off an emotional win & Ii expect them to come out flat the next week. Wyoming is a competent enough team to cover.
As for NFL my favorite play is a divisional home dog & a fade a team on a 3-5 game win streak.
Horse racing I have an ROI that stacks up with professional cappers

Reactions: BGI User 1596
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT