ADVERTISEMENT

ND slips from #8 to #11 after 20+ point win vs NC State (F+ update week 3)

It’s ridiculous. I’m starting to blame the guys like Golson that keep replying to him, and posting the same things over and over to disprove his BS. Obviously it’s not getting through or he doesn’t care, and the forum is littered with chase trying to argue the same points with the same few people again and again. Just ignore him
Agree. The only reason I respond is chase ignored me a while back so he doesn't see my comments or posts. It's great though because I can trash his posts and he doesn't see them. 😂

A reminder not to judge a book by its cover. ND, despite their 4th quarter explosion vs NC State, dropped from #8 to #11 in this week's F+ update. The good news is that the offense actually increased their F+ rating from last week and the team isn't as defensive heavy as the system initially thought just 1 week ago. ND is becoming a more balanced team (Offense ranked 14th, defense ranked 9th, overall rank 11th)

We were jumped by Florida State, Texas, and Washington (although Washington is just barely ahead of us)

NC State dropped from #54 to #59 -- you know that tough wolfpack team the media hyped up all week as a real "challenge" even though they are ranked #59 overall and only 65 power 5 teams exist

The BIG10 also has three teams in the top 5 in F+ for the first time that I can remember. That conference is looking like it's starting to chip away at the SECs dominance in college football after 2-3 games but it's still early

Top 5 after week 3:
1. Georgia
2. OSU
3. Michigan
4. Alabama
5. Penn State

Why is Alabama still rated over Texas even though Alabama lost to texas?

Because this isn't a resume ranking and the data supports the idea that if Texas and Alabama were to play again, Alabama would be favored to win despite losing in their head to head match up this past saturday. You ever watch any sport that has 3/5/7 game series? This is why. The better team wins the whole-series despite losing individual games in a series all the time.
See you rushed over to post this.

By rating Bama over Texas shows how flawed F+ is

Reactions: NDinNJ
If someone wants to disagree with something specific I'm happy to clarify or debate a good argument or be receptive to a well articulated point of view I hadn't considered. But all of the low effort posts are really starting to pile up here. It's easy for me to ignore them but it doesn't seem very welcoming to all the potential posters out there who might have something to offer to the community who have yet to sign up. If you don't have anything of value to add to the discussion please refrain from posting.
Get bent

When everybody thought ND was a legit top 5 team back in 2012, 2015, 2018, 2020 F+ had ND ranked in the mid to low teens (well behind the top 5). Then ND went on to play a top 5 ranked team in F+ in each of those years respectively only to get bulldozed like they weren't even on the field. You would think for this fact alone some people would give the system at least a smidgin of the benefit of the doubt. You can even go back and check the data as the results are posted all the way back to 2007.

Some of the members on this board--some of which love to brag about their ND education--seem mentally challenged. Does nobody here have the ability to think critically, independently, and/or demonstrate common sense?

I guess i'm getting frustrated with the ignorant anti intellectual mob that seems to be growing on this site.
So wait….exposes again

you just explained that F+ didn’t recognize Texas is better than Bama after losing H:H at home. But you want us to believe it’s an excellent predictor of ND in years past and this year

Amazing how you are so unaware of how poor your arguments are

I provided no formula, the formula is not published. I've given you the components that the ranking system takes into consideration based on what i've learned about the system over the years.

And vegas doesn't use this for sure they have their own proprietary system. This one is the best one that is available to the public though.

Do you know a better tool available to the public that does the important task of neutralizing for luck and opponent quality? If so please shoot me the link so I can check it out
Got it
The only test i know is the eye test and takes such as home field, weather its hard to account for luck or just a bad day

I'm not saying Alabama is better than Texas i'm only explaining why the system still has Alabama ahead of Texas despite their loss. The best team doesn't always win in a 1 game sample size. That is why other sports use multiple-game sample sizes to determine their playoff winners (mlb, nba, nhl)
Except you leave off the most popular sport in the country, the NFL, which plays single elimination games. Also, the, nhl, and nba seasons are useless, they have no value compared to college football. With College football every game during the season is an elimination game.

And this is exactly why nobody will ever take F+ seriously. Alabama over Texas. Um, they just lost to Texas at home by double digits!

Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT