ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs OH game thread

Against a quality defense this team is in deep trouble. The O line is not good; but with all the injuries no surprise. We do not have real talent at QB

and the defense is not terribly impressive either
I happen to think NIU and Miami have executed pretty well aside from innate physical talent.

ND did okay against A&M when they had ND’s o-line outmatched.

anybody else notice how we have homer commentators on our homer network yet they dont know the roster/number/player names?

tired of a play and the broadcasters not knowing enough about the roster to name the player who made the play
Now that's funny if nothing else

It’s just an odd coincidence whatever is happening at home vs away. Perhaps you were only commenting on the oddity of it, but I was just pointing out that it’s probably mostly coincidental. They’re not struggling because they’re at home in all likelihood.
I disagree. Every team has a different personality. Some teams play better at home, others on the road. You see it every year with a lot of teams. Their focus may not be as good at home, for whatever reason. They've been sloppy in both home games this year.

I don’t know if I’d call NBC a “homer” network for ND.
it feels like NBC broadcasts of ND home games are 3.5 hour billboards for the university

i guess my biggest issue is that these commentators make hundreds of thousands of dollars to commentate the game -- how are they not super educated about each player number and name ? (at the very least)
after adjusting...
good god
notre dame has played 3 teams ranked way down in the 80s (really bad competition). You have to have a metric that "adjusts" for this factor. And despite the ultra low competition the defense is dominating enough to still maintain a #6 ranking

On their own 10 and 5 minutes later 1st down on our 38...d hasn't been elite against either Mac team and I don't care how many points they've only given up! EDIT 7 MINUTES AND ABOUT TO SCORE...🤣and then make a play but, half the qtr is gone...d has not been as advertised!

Reactions: burmafrd1943
Absolutely correct .. look at the entire BK era at ND as an example of it. Problem there is that good coaching and mediocre talent doesn't beat opposing teams that have good coaching and great talent.
all those players we sent to the NFL are mediocre right?

Absolutely correct .. look at the entire Brian Kelly era as an example of it. Problem there is that good coaching and mediocre talent doesn't beat opposing teams that have good coaching and great talent.
Well......there were times the talent was better than the coaching so I guess to bad it just couldn't sync

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT