ADVERTISEMENT

ND - Duke thread

I don't cite the AP Poll it's a resume ranking. If i'm speaking to a team's quality I use F+ because it's a much more comprehensive indicator of how a team stacks up to all other teams. And it's objective and science based. Duke is ranked 22nd in F+, ND is ranked 11th.
Don't use F+ on here bc none of us give a damn about your fetish with " F+"
You use it for 1 reason only and that is to disparage the ND program. Bc you're a disingenuous POS. No real fan laments a ND come from behind last minute win against a top 20 team on the road.
Nobody!! But you bc you're not a fan .just a poser

Georgia has won two national titles in recent years. You get the "off game" or "let down" excuse after beating the best teams in the biggest games and returning a roster full of 5 star veteran talent.

ND hasn't earned that kind of benefit of the doubt. This game is who ND is and who ND has been for the last 13-14 years: Good, but not good enough.
You are a ****in clown.

Here's why this game pisses me off despite the outcome: it provides more evidence that ND is a mid-teen-ranked team (which they have been for the better part of 1.5 decades now). Mid-teen-ranked-teams don't usually make it to the playoffs (unless they are on a the right side of a lot of luck) and when they do they are largely outclassed.

Here's why this game pisses me off despite the outcome: it provides more evidence that ND is a mid-teen-ranked team (which they have been for the better part of 1.5 decades now). Mid-teen-ranked-teams don't usually make it to the playoffs (unless they are on a the right side of a lot of luck) and when they do they are largely outclassed.
So, if 11 guys were on the field and OSU lost to ND, ND would be 5-0 having beaten the # 6 and # 17 team.

And you would judge them as a mid teen team based on that situation ?

You’re clueless

Reactions: BGI User 756
God you are insufferable. Seriously. Go kick a puppy or a baby.

So, if 11 guys were on the field and OSU lost to ND, ND would be 5-0 having beaten the # 6 and # 17 team.

And you would judge them as a mid teen team based on that situation ?

You’re clueless
I would judge them based on how they stack up to all other teams based on their F+ rating. But since I know generally how the F+ formula works, I can see that ND largely struggled to be productive against a team that F+ didn't really respect that much. That means ND, despite their win, is probably going to stay put if not slip a little in regards to their F+ ranking which is just more evidence of their lack of upside as a program this season.

Duke was #17 & was the only team in country to beat a top 10 team & have a +110 point advantage against its opp.'s #20 Ole Piss struggled to beat Tulane with their back up QB & BK couldnt hold a 9 point lead with less than 5 minutes to go. Suck on it
Just ignore this fool chaseball. He's just trying to get a rise out of everyone and you are feeding into it when you respond, don't give him the joy. He's a garbage poster and the village idiot on this forum. Not worth anyone's time.

Last edited:
I would judge them based on how they stack up to all other teams based on their F+ rating. But since I know generally how the F+ formula works, I can see that ND largely struggled to be productive against a team that F+ didn't really respect that much. That means ND, despite their win, is probably going to stay put if not slip a little in regards to their F+ ranking which is just more evidence of their lack of upside as a program this season.
So you don’t think that they’ll jump ahead of Utah ?

Just ignore this fool chaseball. He's just trying to get a use out of everyone and you are feeding into it when you respond, don't give him the joy. He's a garbage poster and the village idiot on this forum. Not worth anyone's time.
Are you telling me that we now have two (2) village idiots on this site ?

That IrishJohn has company ? 😜

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
lol, as opposed to that Mississippi State team your referred to as a "really good team". You had them ranked ahead of ND.

You are pissed ND pulled that out, covered the spread, and made up for many penalty mistakes that stopped drives.

Reactions: francade
FSU 45 Ole Miss 55 What say you Chassbail?
LSU 24 LSU 49

Don't use F+ on here bc none of us give a damn about your fetish with " F+"
You use it for 1 reason only and that is to disparage the ND program.
I've been citing the same system for over a decade.

1-half of the creator of F+ is an ND alum. Is it your contention this stat was created to disparage ND, or is it possible that ND just hasn't been that good and F+ has been an accurate reflection of that?

1-half of the creator of F+ is an ND alum. Is it your contention this stat was created to disparage ND, or is it possible that ND just hasn't been that good and F+ has been an accurate reflection of that?
No. Just the system sucks at ranking teams

The worst that is out there

Reactions: BGI User 756
lol, as opposed to that Mississippi State team your referred to as a "really good team". You had them ranked ahead of ND.

You are pissed ND pulled that out, covered the spread, and made up for many penalty mistakes that stopped drives.
👍

20-20 hindsight makes everyone a genius

Going undefeated, beating everyone of your opponents on the field says more than one man’s opinion.

Myself excluded, Notre Dame alums have also been known to be wrong

20-20 hindsight makes everyone a genius

Going undefeated, beating everyone of your opponents on the field says more than one man’s opinion.

Myself excluded, Notre Dame alums have also been known to be wrong
That's the thing, F+ isn't a hindsight stat. It tells you what is likely to happen going forward. Also, I made a point to say that one of the creators of F+ is an ND alum not because I don't think ND alums are ever wrong, but because how could the stat be biased against ND if one of the people who made the stat graduated from there? It isn't like it's an SC grad behind it with a personal bone to pick against ND or something.

That's the thing, F+ isn't a hindsight stat. It tells you what is likely to happen going forward. Also, I made a point to say that one of the creators of F+ is an ND alum not because I don't think ND alums are ever wrong, but because how could the stat be biased against ND if one of the people who made the stat graduated from there? It isn't like it's an SC grad behind it with a personal bone to pick against ND or something.
You’d be surprised at how people resent and bite the hand that feeds them.

When it comes to ranking teams and predicting outcomes, I’ll rely on Vegas !

I was a bit disappointed in the run blocking tonight. I hope it was just a bad night. Gotta clean up those stupid penalties as well. Real happy they escaped with a win but they have a lot of work to do. Defense played great. Even so so teams put up points in this era. Only giving up 14 is pretty darn good.

Who is the ND alum?

So you don’t judge them based upon your own observations, you judge them based upon a third party’s opinion.

And you don’t think that ND’s ranking will improve if they win out …… interesting to say the least.

How many people told me I was wrong when I said freeman wasn’t it? I even got banned for stating it. Pos people have nothing to say.
You and Chaseball should get a room, I'll pay for it. Two village idiots on this forum.

still awaiting you to name the ND Alum that created F+

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT