ADVERTISEMENT

ND - Duke thread

What does this even mean? You know who has "let down games" teams that aren't good enough not to have them.
Huh? Ugly ass game, ND was extremely fortunate to pull this out but also extremely unfortunate to lose last week. They’ll need to turn Hartman lose moving forward, reconsider Love splitting Carries and figure out the O Line.

Reactions: DublinND
Clearly the team had a let down from last week; pretty much any team would have had one. All that matters was geting out of this with a W and we did.
It wasn't a let down game. Duke's a good team. We're lucky to come away with the win.

Not having Thomas and Greathouse hurt the passing game. But Evans came through with a big game.

What does this even mean? You know who has "let down games" teams that aren't good enough not to have them.
Fact: Freeman 5-1 with substandard talent & your boy BK with all the talent in the world 3-2
Freeman lost on the last play to a top 10 team BK got boat raced by a top 10 team.
BK blew a 9 point lead with under 5 minutes to go to #20 team. Freeman won in the final minute vs the #17 team. Put that in your expert analysis & choke on it.

Fact: Freeman 5-1 with substandard talent & your boy BK with all the talent in the world 3-2
Freeman lost on the last play to a top 10 team BK got boat raced by a top 10 team.
BK blew a 9 point lead with under 5 minutes to go to #20 team. Freeman won in the final minute vs the #17 team. Put that in your expert analysis & choke on it.
Talent isnt substandard outside of wr due to injuries

Reactions: NDinNJ
I feel relieved ND eked out a win. But I also feel it shouldn't have come down to the wire with such a poor game. As always, it takes sleeping on it to fully diges.

But off the bat:

1) Poor OL play.
2) Estimate keep running with a pause and between tackles ineffectively.
3) WRs didn't get space and offer Hartman much.
4) Freeman seemed out of ideas how to jolt the team...kinda like Holtz was known to do.

Still, the Irish won. With extreme grit. Forcing it. With a QB who came through when it mattered. This is saying a lot, because CBK would often blow games like this...and please, let's not obsess over him, as I'm just speaking to what I see as improved character overall.

Maybe tomorrow the glass will be more half full?

Reactions: nd4life211
Just woke up in India. Caught the last 2 min on the board. Caught the 4th and 16 run on YouTube. What a stud thing for Hartman.

Hard to win. Duke is a very good team and it was their Super Bowl.

Love that the Irish never gave up. Hartman has some things to fix and learn but we get stronger.

We have our 1,2 and 3 receivers out I see? WTH.

Good game Irish!!

Reactions: HarlemIrish
ND needed a last minute miracle to beat the 22nd ranked team. This performance reinforces where ND is (10-15th). Happy for the win of course but really disappointed in the performance and the outlook of the team rest of season.

It wasn't a let down game. Duke's a good team. We're lucky to come away with the win.

Not having Thomas and Greathouse hurt the passing game. But Evans came through with a big game.
Evans has been awesome the last 2 games. Big time player

Reactions: futuredomer
Mitchell Evans is emerging as my favorite player on this year's team...

10 career catches for 123 yards heading into last week!

13 receptions for 209 against nationally ranked opponents since!

I hope NFL scouts are paying attention and giving the kid the respect he deserves! He is not just a "blocking TE" anymore!

I feel relieved ND eked out a win. But I also feel it shouldn't have come down to the wire with such a poor game. As always, it takes sleeping on it to fully diges.

But off the bat:

1) Poor OL play.
2) Estimate keep running with a pause and between tackles ineffectively.
3) WRs didn't get space and offer Hartman much.
4) Freeman seemed out of ideas how to jolt the team...kinda like Holtz was known to do.

Still, the Irish won. With extreme grit. Forcing it. With a QB who came through when it mattered. This is saying a lot, because CBK would often blow games like this...and please, let's not obsess over him, as I'm just speaking to what I see as improved character overall.

Maybe tomorrow the glass will be more half full?
Let's remember Holtz's 1st couple years were exactly great. That 87 Cotton Bowl loss to A&M still pisses me off.
In 88 title year Michigan missed a game winning fg to win, Miami 2 pt conversion fail. Pitt was a struggle
90 we beat Michigan, Maimi & huge road win vs Tenn then sh!t the bed vs Stanford & PSU.

ND needed a last minute miracle to beat the 22nd ranked team. This performance reinforces where ND is (10-15th). Happy for the win of course but really disappointed in the performance and the outlook of the team rest of season.

My heart was I my hands several times during the game. It wasn't the best ND game...but the game has to be fully played to be fully assessed.

With that, I posted some critiques but overall am getting more upbeat. Duke is pretty good, having beaten Clemson. ND pulled this kind of game out, which has not often been the case.

And much as Freeman can be a roller coaster matter in games like last and this week...the outlook remains good. He's in year 2 and pulled this one off. Again, no sugarcoating that things need to be cleaned up.

But ND is 5-1 and should move up 1 rank, Freeman is in year 2. And can yet run the table and get into the playoffs.

Duke was #17 & was the only team in country to beat a top 10 team & have a +110 point advantage against its opp.'s #20 Ole Piss struggled to beat Tulane with their back up QB & BK couldnt hold a 9 point lead with less than 5 minutes to go. Suck on it

Let's remember Holtz's 1st couple years were exactly great. That 87 Cotton Bowl loss to A&M still pisses me off.
In 88 title year Michigan missed a game winning fg to win, Miami 2 pt conversion fail. Pitt was a struggle
90 we beat Michigan, Maimi & huge road win vs Tenn then sh!t the bed vs Stanford & PSU.

True.

I'm getting more optimistic.

By the hour.

:)

17th

recalling snippets from the past is of little comfort and doesn’t solve the current teams problems

recalling snippets from the past is of little comfort and doesn’t solve the current teams problems

The current problems perhaps be fixed. And from a 5-1 record in year 2 for Freeman, it's not a bad situation.

I think the OL can be fixed. The flags. Improved play calling. Better passing options for Hartman. Freeman is learning on the job, probably can be more direct and involved in play calling...but like others and me bring up, it's year 2.

Fingers crossed.

Duke was #17 & was the only team in country to beat a top 10 team & have a +110 point advantage against its opp.'s #20 Ole Piss struggled to beat Tulane with their back up QB & BK couldnt hold a 9 point lead with less than 5 minutes to go. Suck on it
He knew damn well that Duke was ranked #17 but he wanted to see if he could slide it by making Duke outside the top 20 at #22 to buttress his never ending crapathon on the ND program. Within minutes of an ugly but miraculous win the guy starts up like a the broken record he is. All the guy does is piss in our cheerios over here. He ought be sent to the cornfield bc he's totally disingenuous.

Solve what problems? You play to win the games. Were 5-1 and ranked #11. Im sorry their not all works of art for you but you should know better that games arent perfect. The point is to win them.

Do Georgia and Auburn now
Georgia has won two national titles in recent years. You get the "off game" or "let down" excuse after beating the best teams in the biggest games and returning a roster full of 5 star veteran talent.

ND hasn't earned that kind of benefit of the doubt. This game is who ND is and who ND has been for the last 13-14 years: Good, but not good enough.

The current problems perhaps be fixed. And from a 5-1 record in year 2 for Freeman, it's not a bad situation.

I think the OL can be fixed. The flags. Improved play calling. Better passing options for Hartman. Freeman is learning on the job, probably can be more direct and involved in play calling...but like others and me bring up, it's year 2.

Fingers crossed.
Agree on fingers crossed !

He knew damn well that Duke was ranked #17 but he wanted to see if he could slide it by making Duke outside the top 20 at #22 to buttress his never ending crapathon on the ND program. Within minutes of an ugly but miraculous win the guy starts up like a the broken record he is. All the guy does is piss in our cheerios over here. He ought be sent to the cornfield bc he's totally disingenuous.
I don't cite the AP Poll it's a resume ranking. If i'm speaking to a team's quality I use F+ because it's a much more comprehensive indicator of how a team stacks up to all other teams. And it's objective and science based. Duke is ranked 22nd in F+, ND is ranked 11th.

I don't cite the AP Poll it's a resume ranking. If i'm speaking to a team's quality I use F+ because it's a much more comprehensive indicator of how a team stacks up to all other teams. And it's objective and science based.
F- is the worst at ranking teams. Why would you cite theirs?

Solve what problems? You play to win the games. Were 5-1 and ranked #11. Im sorry their not all works of art for you but you should know better that games arent perfect. The point is to win them.
We were lucky to win and everyone knows it

Hartmans broken play on 4th and !6 saved the day

The little guy was so ready to tell everyone I told you so & he was robbed of it. Its hard for a troll when they can taste it & it gets snatched away at the last second 🤣

Georgia has won two national titles in recent years. You get the "off game" or "let down" excuse after beating the best teams in the biggest games and returning a roster full of 5 star veteran talent.

ND hasn't earned that kind of benefit of the doubt. This game is who ND is and who ND has been for the last 13-14 years: Good, but not good enough.
Do USC and Colorado now

Total POS
You are for sure not a ND fan. That's a fact. Just a troll . Report and ban

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT