3. Oregon, 2.04
4. Georgia, 2.02
5. Texas, 1.79
6. FSU, 1.77
7. Alabama, 1.73
8. Washington, 1.71
9. Notre Dame, 1.70
10. LSU, 1.65

NDs offense is ranked inside the top 20 at #17, defense is looking playoff caliber under Al Golden ranked at 7th. These numbers are opponent and luck adjusted.

Michigan is way ahead of the pack this season, dominating everybody, and their underlying metrics support that they are clearly the best team in the country right now. Its been crazy to see Jim Harbaugh's rise in F+ since that covid year. What is even more unique about Michigan's performance is that they've been able to dominate the country without top-flight recruiting classes. I don't know if Harbaugh will be able to seal the deal/win a national title, but he's definitely starting to look like a legit future HoFer HC.

Last edited:
I also wanted to note that it's interesting that Kelly left ND for LSU to compete for national titles, yet he's behind ND in F+ through 9 weeks. LSUs recruiting has also gone down since Kelly took over. They are not getting the top flight talent they were getting under Ed Orgeron but that story is far from over.

Top 10:
1. Michigan, 2.61
2. OSU, 2.09
3. Oregon, 2.04
4. Georgia, 2.02
5. Texas, 1.79
6. FSU, 1.77
7. Alabama, 1.73
8. Washington, 1.71
9. Notre Dame, 1.70
10. LSU, 1.65

NDs offense is ranked inside the top 20 at #17, defense is looking playoff caliber under Al Golden ranked at 7th. These numbers are opponent and luck adjusted.

Michigan is way ahead of the pack this season, dominating everybody, and their underlying metrics support that they are clearly the best team in the country right now. Its been crazy to see Jim Harbaugh's rise in F+ since that covid year. What is even more unique about Michigan's performance is that they've been able to dominate the country without top-flight recruiting classes. I don't know if Harbaugh will be able to seal the deal/win a national title, but he's definitely starting to look like a legit future HoFer HC.
Yawn

Reactions: NDinNJ and G_a_r_y
Only two loss team ranked that high. LSU is right behind us.

Top 10:
1. Michigan, 2.61
2. OSU, 2.09
3. Oregon, 2.04
4. Georgia, 2.02
5. Texas, 1.79
6. FSU, 1.77
7. Alabama, 1.73
8. Washington, 1.71
9. Notre Dame, 1.70
10. LSU, 1.65

It's amazing what cheating can accomplish is such a short time!

Top 10:
1. Michigan, 2.61
2. OSU, 2.09
3. Oregon, 2.04
4. Georgia, 2.02
5. Texas, 1.79
6. FSU, 1.77
7. Alabama, 1.73
8. Washington, 1.71
9. Notre Dame, 1.70
10. LSU, 1.65

Gee, I wonder why?

I was a little bummed that we were ranked 15th in the CFP but all is well now that I found out that we’re #9 in F+. 😳

Because the CFP committee is not ranking on which teams are best. They are ranking on that plus who deserves a higher ranking WRT teams defeated. It is similar to a smaller AP poll.

F+, Sagarin, etc are power rankings. Washington has arguably the best win of any undefeated team, but they don't pass the eye test as much as some of the others.

If the CFP committee just ranked by who they thought was best, ND might be top ten. And Oregon might be top four.

Because the CFP committee is not ranking on which teams are best. They are ranking on that plus who deserves a higher ranking WRT teams defeated. It is similar to a smaller AP poll.

F+, Sagarin, etc are power rankings. Washington has arguably the best win of any undefeated team, but they don't pass the eye test as much as some of the others.

If the CFP committee just ranked by who they thought was best, ND might be top ten. And Oregon might be top four.
I thought the whole point was to get the 4 best in? Clearly W/L played the biggest role yet in these rankings compared to eye test which has been leaned on in years prior..

I thought the whole point was to get the 4 best in? Clearly W/L played the biggest role yet in these rankings compared to eye test which has been leaned on in years prior..

Well, it is and it isn't. They want to reward teams for big wins and figure that others will have a chance to get big wins down the line. Georgia and Michigan are well ahead of everyone on all the power rankings. Ohio State has the two best wins.

The first poll doesn't have to be the absolute four best teams. More pressure will come after the conference playoff games to get it exactly right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT