ADVERTISEMENT

Navy Game Concerns

He is incompetent from xs and Os .. that’s obvious.. he hired two great coordinators, so he can be a ceo, what he can be great at
Gee, he's what? 38 years old? He's a newbie and he's smart enough to hire excellent coordinators. What's he supposed to do? Try to do it all by himself?

You are spouting BS. He stunk and didn't like to work at his job. It had nothing to do with Urban liar. Props to ND for getting rid of him.
Nope. I'm right and you are wrong. And I'm done talking to you.

He is incompetent from xs and Os .. that’s obvious.. he hired two great coordinators, so he can be a ceo, what he can be great at
He is becoming a very good head coach. He was a very good DC. That's why before ND hired him as the Head Coach, he could have become the DC at a bunch of other top level programs.

MF took ND backwards in year 1 but he has improved every year thereafter. The talent and level play has looked very good the past few games. Hopefully he can keep the team playing consistently. I think he can recruit better than BK.

Reactions: BGI User 756
MF took ND backwards in year 1 but he has improved every year thereafter. The talent and level play has looked very good the past few games. Hopefully he can keep the team playing consistently. I think he can recruit better than BK.

He did not take them backwards. Kelly left him with buchner and pyne. 2 Terrible QBs. How Pyne i still playing at the "power 5" level is beyond me

He did not take them backwards. Kelly left him with buchner and pyne. 2 Terrible QBs. How Pyne i still playing at the "power 5" level is beyond me
ND was ranked 5th in the country when BK resigned. MF lost to Marshall and Stanford the following year and finished around 20th. I see that as a step in the wrong direction.

ND was ranked 5th in the country when BK resigned. MF lost to Marshall and Stanford the following year and finished around 20th. I see that as a step in the wrong direction.
We had 0 top 25 wins in 21. Schedule was very weak.

We returned a good team but really lacking at 2 very important positions, QB and WR

We had 0 top 25 wins in 21. Schedule was very weak.

We returned a good team but really lacking at 2 very important positions, QB and WR
You can cherry pick all you want. BK was a better coach for ND in 21 than MF in 22. We went backwards in 22 but MF has had the program moving forward every year. I see more upside with MF than BK but it’s TBD.

Reactions: NDinNJ
You can cherry pick all you want. BK was a better coach for ND in 21 than MF in 22. We went backwards in 22 but MF has had the program moving forward every year. I see more upside with MF than BK but it’s TBD.
By the record yeah you're right. I thought that 21 was a bad job by BK and when I kind of turned on him.

You have to use context. If you don't Army would be ranked number 1 in the country and Navy would have been top 5 before today

Context matters

You are spouting BS. He stunk and didn't like to work at his job. It had nothing to do with Urban liar. Props to ND for getting rid of him.
You and HDK are both correct:
"In firing Willingham, the Notre Dame athletic department cited a relatively poor record of 21–15, a weak recruiting class, and three losses, each by 31 points, to rival USC. However, the Irish also hoped to entice Urban Meyer, the head coach of the Utah Utes, to lead Notre Dame.

You and HDK are both correct:
"In firing Willingham, the Notre Dame athletic department cited a relatively poor record of 21–15, a weak recruiting class, and three losses, each by 31 points, to rival USC. However, the Irish also hoped to entice Urban Meyer, the head coach of the Utah Utes, to lead Notre Dame.
I only saw conjecture about Meyer in that article although I’m confident that ND contacted him at some point. I just don’t think Willingham was fired because ND thought they could get Meyer. Two 8-3 seasons in 2003 and 2004 would have likely meant him probably keeping his job, or maybe he still would have been fired because of the recruiting.

God only knows what ND would have done in 2005 and 2006 with him and what the recruiting would have been. At least Weis brought some excitement and recruited well for Kelly.

The recruiting and apparent lack of effort is why I could never put him ahead of Faust or Weis.

Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT