ADVERTISEMENT

My take on book vs isu and moving forward

I was at the game and he missed a few plays. One finale was wide open down the sideline on a broken coverage which would have been a walk-in TD. (ended up hitting claypool for a big gain). Another he missed tremble down the seam for an easy touchdown(threw an incomplete pass). He played a good game but if he hits those reads we are at a different level.

Baloney, Tremble was covered by the safety who came from the right to cover him after Tremble got behind the linebacker. Stop listening to the announcers and watch the plays more carefully.

On what play was a receiver wide open down the sideline ?

And let me try to understand this, he hit Claypool on that play for a big gain and you’re criticizing his decision ?

By your standards he should have been 28 for 28 with every pass going to the optimal receiver.

do you know anything about football ?

This from Bryan Driskell, probably the best analyst covering ND

"Book had some missed reads where down field throws were open, and early on he was rushing through his progressions, but he settled down and showed more poise in the pocket as the game wore on."

So that is 2 analyst who were at the game who said he missed downfield throws

Have them cite the specific plays where he missed the reads.

By effectively going 22 for 28 Book didn’t miss too many throws, did he ?

When a QB only ha 2.5 to 3.0 seconds, tell us or have Bryan tell us how he knows that Book rushed through his progressions.

it appears that you rely on others for the entirety of your football knowledge

You are officially the biggest horse's rear end on this board....and that's saying something....

Why, because I hold posters’ feet to the fire when they make statements and can’t back them up ?

Because I ask them to cite the play they’re referring to so that their allegation can be proven or disproven.

Because I ask for FACTS rather than their biased interpretation ?

Sorry if my methodology doesn’t fit false narratives, but I’m more interested in the facts, not spurious Book bashing.

“Let me start off by saying I hope he does and I think he should come back.
With that said he Has to grow a ton more reading the field and going through his progressions.

in this game book made a bunch of great plays but missed a ton of easy plays. Our TEs were running wide open all game down the seams and over the middle. It’s amazing chase had such a good game with as much attention as he got by isu.

this game for book needs to be his bad game in 2020. If everyone comes back and Austin is what we expect with the new talent ND should average over 40ppg and become elite offensively.

kmet and book are huge for Nd in 2020. Hope we get good news soon”

“Missed a ton of easy plays”?
Another load from the op on the subject.
You bashers are so full of it when you say he missed open guys. Newsflash to those of you that use this line of bullshit to nitpick book, and that includes posters, announcers and the beat writers. Every single qb misses seeing open wrs in a game. Every single one, in every single game. This notion that when a qb doesn’t happen to see an open wr on a play is some proof that he isn’t any good because of it is so uninformed and is void of realizing that this happens from time to time, to EVERY qb.

Give the book bashing a rest, it’s unwarranted, no matter how bad you hate the guy.

Get Nasty,

Cite the “ton of easy plays he missed”

especially since he essentially only missed 6 throws !

You’re wrong again, your problem is you listened to the announcer instead of looking closely at the play.

Tremble gets behind the linebacker but NOT behind the safety who slides over from the right side of the field to cover him.
There was no one open so Book wisely threw it away.
Smart play by Book.

however, you clearly stated that Book completed a 5 yard pass when a receiver was wide open 30 yards downfield. That never happened !

You lied !

And, after Book completed a short pass, none of the announcers said that he had a receiver wide open 30 yards down the field.

So you lied again !

You’ll lie just to try to make Book look bad
You're full of sh*t. Why did I waste my time. The announcer says it. The analyst at the game said it. A poster at the game said it. 3 people at the game all said the same thing about the same play. He missed Tremble wide open down field. But you know better of course.

U are a moron.

Why, because I hold posters’ feet to the fire when they make statements and can’t back them up ?

Because I ask them to cite the play they’re referring to so that their allegation can be proven or disproven.

Because I ask for FACTS rather than their biased interpretation ?

Sorry if my methodology doesn’t fit false narratives, but I’m more interested in the facts, not spurious Book bashing.
Because I clearly backed it up and you are ignorant to the points. You are a moron and yes a horse's a**

You’re wrong again, your problem is you listened to the announcer instead of looking closely at the play.

Tremble gets behind the linebacker but NOT behind the safety who slides over from the right side of the field to cover him.
There was no one open so Book wisely threw it away.
Smart play by Book.

however, you clearly stated that Book completed a 5 yard pass when a receiver was wide open 30 yards downfield. That never happened !

You lied !

And, after Book completed a short pass, none of the announcers said that he had a receiver wide open 30 yards down the field.

So you lied again !

You’ll lie just to try to make Book look bad
And the missing Tremble and the 5 yard pass having guy 30 yard down field were two different questions that you put together in your mind.

Swing and another miss by you

Baloney, Tremble was covered by the safety who came from the right to cover him after Tremble got behind the linebacker. Stop listening to the announcers and watch the plays more carefully.

And let me try to understand this, he hit Claypool on that play for a big gain and you’re criticizing his decision ?

By your standards he should have been 28 for 28 with every pass going to the optimal receiver.

I was at the game and watched it myself. He was wide open.

You’re an idiot. To Finke would have been a touchdown. I guess a big gain and a pass for a td are equal to you. The issue is that there are many opportunities that book doesn’t see because he doesn’t go through all reads. Book is a serviceable qb but we need a better qb to get over the hump.

Let me start off by saying I hope he does and I think he should come back.
With that said he Has to grow a ton more reading the field and going through his progressions.

in this game book made a bunch of great plays but missed a ton of easy plays. Our TEs were running wide open all game down the seams and over the middle. It’s amazing chase had such a good game with as much attention as he got by isu.

this game for book needs to be his bad game in 2020. If everyone comes back and Austin is what we expect with the new talent ND should average over 40ppg and become elite offensively.

kmet and book are huge for Nd in 2020. Hope we get good news soon
Don't you worry one little bit. Book will be back. The mock draft doesn't see him getting drafted at all. Book has no where else to go and as long as he's healthy there will be no push whatsoever to replace him. We'll get out 10 wins and another camping trip next year.

You’re an idiot. To Finke would have been a touchdown. I guess a big gain and a pass for a td are equal to you. The issue is that there are many opportunities that book doesn’t see because he doesn’t go through all reads. Book is a serviceable qb but we need a better qb to get over the hump.

Cite the play where Finke would have scored a TD

Cite the opportunities that Book didn’t see yesterday.

Here’s a hint/clue for you, you can only play QB’s who are on your roster.
With the benefit of that clue ...... who are you going to play ?

I was at the game and watched it myself. He was wide open.

Then you need to see an eye doctor because you never saw the safety come over to cover him once he cleared the linebacker.

Watch the replay because your observation skills are lacking !

Because I clearly backed it up and you are ignorant to the points. You are a moron and yes a horse's a**

You never backed up anything !

You made a bogus claim, you lied, you claimed that when Book completed a 5 yard pass that he had a wide open receiver 30 yards downfield. I proved that claim to be a lie.

Then you claimed that the announcer made the same claim.
I then proved that you lied about that.

Then someone obviously informed you of the Tremble play and rather than review and analyze the play you accepted the prompting along with the announcers erroneous comment. Had you taken the time to review the tape you would have seen that Tremble was not open, but covered by the safety.

You’re a Book basher who gets angry when he’s exposed as a liar and a fraud.

And the missing Tremble and the 5 yard pass having guy 30 yard down field were two different questions that you put together in your mind.

Swing and another miss by you

I know that you claimed that a Book completed a 5 yard pass when a phantom receiver was wide open 30 yards downfield, the problem is: there NEVER was a pass play where Book hit a receiver for 5 yards when there was a receiver wide open 30 yards downfield.

You made that up ! You’re a liar.

You didn’t even know about Tremble until someone clued you in.

Look at the replay, the safety has Tremble covered.

You have no powers of observation and/or analytic skills.

You're full of sh*t. Why did I waste my time. The announcer says it. The analyst at the game said it. A poster at the game said it. 3 people at the game all said the same thing about the same play. He missed Tremble wide open down field. But you know better of course.

U are a moron.

I prefer idiot/savant !

The tape doesn’t lie, Tremble wasn’t wide open.
He was covered by the LB, free for a nano-second, then covered by the safety. The irony of the situation is that had Book thrown to Tremble and the safety intercepted the pass you would be criticizing Book for weeks and weeks.

Books 34 to 6 TD to INT ratio is terrific and there’s a reason for that, see if you can figure it out.

Let’s see, I’ve seen the game and have replayed the tape 3 times, but you have people at the game who tend to have “ball” vision and an announcer trying to fill “air time” as your evidence ? What a joke. You and your other “expert witnesses” NEVER SAW THE SAFETY

do yourself a favor, look at the tape and you’ll see how wrong you are.

ISU was overrated for their close losses to teams in an overrated conference. All the playoff teams (less Oklahoma) would have hung 70 on ISU. Book is rated about #35 of college QB's. He's a good QB, but will not lead us to the promised land.

Patrirish was clearly wrong. We all know it. Keep talking to yourself. You were proved wrong again. What else is new

Patrirish was clearly wrong. We all know it. Keep talking to yourself. You were proved wrong again. What else is new

The game film proves you wrong, you should watch it and learn something from it.

Tremble is covered by the safety as he moves down the field once he gets past the linebacker, at the same time Book is under pressure.

watch the replay then get back to me !

Dont need to again. You were proved wrong multiple times. Everyone knows it. Nothing left to say about it. We all know

Dont need to again. You were proved wrong multiple times. Everyone knows it. Nothing left to say about it. We all know

you can be in denial all you want, you can be as delusional as you want, but the film doesn’t lie, and you do.

look at the film and you’ll get a dose of reality, the ISU safety had Tremble covered and it doesn’t matter what people who never saw the safety have to say.

only an unobserving, uninformed individual would claim otherwise !

so when Book played Georgia, a team everyone is saying should have replaced Oklahoma in the playoffs, and he went 29 for 47 for 61.7 % he should have been praised to the rafters, no ?

you can’t have it both ways !

I don’t recall a lot of criticism towards Book for that game.

Then you need to see an eye doctor because you never saw the safety come over to cover him once he cleared the linebacker.

Watch the replay because your observation skills are lacking !
Say what you will. I was actually at the game. I never even heard the announcers like you cuz you were watching from your couch! He missed tremble in the seam and he missed finke on a broken coverage in the 2nd half. Again he doesn’t go through his progressions. I think Book is a decent QB

Say what you will. I was actually at the game. I never even heard the announcers like you cuz you were watching from your couch! He missed tremble in the seam and he missed finke on a broken coverage in the 2nd half. Again he doesn’t go through his progressions. I think Book is a decent QB
He doesnt listen. He thinks he knows everything. He'll keep saying the same nonsense over and over. Even though we all know he missed those 2. Kinda amusing

Reactions: GDFan
He doesnt listen. He thinks he knows everything. He'll keep saying the same nonsense over and over. Even though we all know he missed those 2. Kinda amusing

nonsense ?

tell us where ISU’s # 37 and # 11 are relative to Tremble as he runs his route.

# 37 has him under and # 11 is on top of him.

your problem is you accept the announcers comments as Gospel and are too lazy to look at the film.

at what yard market was Tremble at when you claim he was open

then your powers of observation are lacking.

in addition I don’t believe that you have the ability to look at the QB with the ball, scrambling, Tremble and the defenders at the same time.

so tell us, where was # 37 and # 11 when you claim that Tremble was open.

you were at the game so you should be able to respond immediately

I’ll help you out, the play started from about ISU’s 34 yard line.

But there’s something very interesting, very important about that play.
Do you know what it is ?

then your powers of observation are lacking.

in addition I don’t believe that you have the ability to look at the QB with the ball, scrambling, Tremble and the defenders at the same time.

so tell us, where was # 37 and # 11 when you claim that Tremble was open.

you were at the game so you should be able to respond immediately
Ok bro. I guess the huge amount of ND fans that were all yelling tremble was open are all wrong too. Defend book all you want. He is a serviceable qb that leaves a large amount of points on the field. He has below average arm strength and his accuracy lacks when throwing over 20 yards down the field. I know what I and the rest of the fans that attended the game where I was sitting saw.

Ok bro. I guess the huge amount of ND fans that were all yelling tremble was open are all wrong too. Defend book all you want. He is a serviceable qb that leaves a large amount of points on the field. He has below average arm strength and his accuracy lacks when throwing over 20 yards down the field. I know what I and the rest of the fans that attended the game where I was sitting saw.

Let’s go over the play where that “huge number of fans were all yelling that Tremble was open.”

If you and that “huge number of fans” had any powers of observation you would have noticed something very interesting, something critical, something that Book noticed that you didn’t !

Tremble ran his entire route with his back to Book.

NOT once did he ever turn his shoulders, NOT once did he look back at Book, NOT once did he ever look for the ball.

So besides being covered the entire time by # 37 and # 11, Tremble was never a potential target. Tremble had his back to Book the entire time and never looked back to see if the ball was coming to him.

So tell us HOW Tremble was open, when Tremble himself knew he wasn’t open because he never looked for the ball.

Tell us about the play you claim to have seen, then go watch the tape and see what really happened, see what you and all of the other fans missed, namely # 37 and # 11 and Tremble running his route with his back to Book the entire time.

You’re a joke

He'll just keep going and going. We're all tired of him and know hes wrong

Reactions: GDFan
He'll just keep going and going. We're all tired of him and know hes wrong

The tape proves I’m right.

if you’d look at the tape you might learn something..... in addition to the fact that I’m right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT