ADVERTISEMENT

My apologies to the board.

I apologize to all on the board, especially to those who have lost love ones to Covid, for my insensitive remarks on the subject.
I feel very bad about it.

*** Please don't turn this post into a debate on the subject.

*** @stu4don , sorry for the loss of your friends.
I apologize to all on the board, especially to those who have lost love ones to Covid, for my insensitive remarks on the subject.

Merry Christmas to all. May 2022 BODE well for all

This man from the South tips his hat to his good friend Bodi. Well said friend. Covid took my big brother Joby to heaven just a few months ago; I know he would say, "no problem man." Merry Christmas to all this beautiful Christmas Day. I love and miss you so much Joby.

yeah i guess i need to take back my words about wanting UM players to get covid so they wouldn't get to play in the playoffs. is wishing for several starters to get the flu this week before the UGA game such a bad thing though

yeah i guess i need to take back my words about wanting UM players to get covid so they wouldn't get to play in the playoffs. is wishing for several starters to get the flu this week before the UGA game such a bad thing though
It’s WRONG !

You should never wish for bad things to happen to players on other teams.

Thank you all. I had to work through Christmas so I was off the board.
I hope you all enjoyed your family and friends and yourselves.
I F'd up for my remarks and am thinking deeply about it.
Hopefully I will learn.
In the mean time I will keep my remarks to ND and about how strange Paul Dano is.

Thank you all. I had to work through Christmas so I was off the board.
I hope you all enjoyed your family and friends and yourselves.
I F'd up for my remarks and am thinking deeply about it.
Hopefully I will learn.
In the mean time I will keep my remarks to ND and about how strange Paul Dano is.
Bodi: this is Not going to be a popular thought, but, I am sorry that you had to say your sorry. I think you are well a-tuned to the situation and your only error was ‘saying it out loud’. This is not to minimize the sympathy for those that actually may have been affected by this bio happening; those losses are indeed tragic.
Best wishes for a better New Year, to you and the entire board.

It’s WRONG !

You should never wish for bad things to happen to players on other teams.
i know you are right as i was just having some fun with the wolverines. i do hope a healthy wolverines team gets destroyed by UGA friday night

I really love this board and you guys are special to me. Sometimes I think we get a little to serious but we are bonded in our love for Notre Dame and her football team. Thanks for standing behind me during my wife's health problems. Let's get sharp for Saturday's game. Go Irish. Bodi you need to retire. I miss your comments around here.

Do not agree that many posters are truly supportive of the University.

Many are more so the football team than the University, particularly the subway alums.

Personally, I believe this differences causes some of the philosophical disagreements between posters.

in many ways the Sub alums have had a higher image of the standing of ND. It was almost mythical. With no knowledge of the day to day flaws, it is an idea borne of almost perfection. The last 2 decades are as if that ND has ceased to exist anywhere except memories and todays ND is something separate and distinctly different. Also the hits the R.C. Church has taken, as well as the introduction of the 1st Jesuit Pope have plunged mythical smack dab in the middle of reality.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat

We all fall short…

I’m certainly not casting a stone.

Semper Fi brother and Happy Holidays to all.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Well I don't know about all that stuff being a subway alum. I just know the Rock invited me on board and I find that very special. I am Southern Missionary Baptist Evangelist and my seminary Professors wanted me to become a Baylor fan. I said no and I found myself falling in love with ND the school. Yes we stand far apart theologically but I'm proud that ND does things their way. They don't seem afraid to fight for what they believe is right. They make mistakes but humans do that all the time. I guess that's why I love those segments on NBC about what ND fights for. I'm proud to call myself a subway alum because Knute Rockne wanted me to join.

Last edited:
This man from the South tips his hat to his good friend Bodi. Well said friend. Covid took my big brother Joby to heaven just a few months ago; I know he would say, "no problem man." Merry Christmas to all this beautiful Christmas Day. I love and miss you so much Joby.
After much thinking I decided to get a covid shot and did so yesterday afternoon. ( a Modernan shot--I will have to get another one after Jan 25) I figured that I got a ton of vaccination shots for all sorts of stuff while I was in the Marines. The Marines are giving Covid vax shots now to fellow Marines so it must be a good idea. I respect everones personal decisions on it.
I still dont wear a mask though. Baby steps like the ones Bill Murray did in "What about Bob") Joby must have been a GREAT guy.

Do not agree that many posters are truly supportive of the University.

Many are more so the football team than the University, particularly the subway alums.

Personally, I believe this differences causes some of the philosophical disagreements between posters.
AGREE !

Well I don't know about all that stuff being a subway alum. I just know the Rock invited me on board and I find that very special. I am Southern Missionary Baptist and my seminary Professors wanted me to become a Baylor fan. I said no and I found myself falling in love with ND the school. Yes we stand far apart theologically but I'm proud that ND does things their way. They don't seem afraid to fight for what they believe is right. They make mistakes but humans do that all the time. I guess that's why I love those segments on NBC about what ND fights for. I'm proud to call myself a subway alum because Knute Rockne wanted me to join.
Subway alums helped build the iconic brand.

Subway alums are true fans of Notre Dame, not pretenders like some on this site.

GO IRISH 🍀

c8d.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT