ADVERTISEMENT

More smoke on 24 transfer qb

Let's go after Michael Pratt. Isn't it true he's going to get a sixth year and is looking to transfer a la Sam Hartman?

Let's go after Michael Pratt. Isn't it true he's going to get a sixth year and is looking to transfer a la Sam Hartman?
Michael Pratt has only been in college 3.5 years.

He can either enter a really strong 2024 QB draft group and be drafted, or stay in college.

He is in charge of the of the program. This isn't USC or Colorado.
Of course if you are Marcus Freeman you do your due diligence and if there is a grad transfer that upgrades the QB room, you take him.

Anybody else see a problem when ND can’t recruit or develop a better QB than Duke or Tulane?

GO GET ARCH from the portal if you’re serious about winning. (When he enters).

Anybody else see a problem when ND can’t recruit or develop a better QB than Duke or Tulane?

No, I don't.

And "Arch..." isn't a grad transfer. And he isn't good enough to play in the two deep at Texas.

Better than no gain, and it beats losing to Stanford at home.
When you bring in a 6th year grad student, it's playoffs or bust. That was a failed experiment.
It's different if ND can get a Caleb Williams or Jayden Daniels talent from the portal, but going after a mediocre QB is dumb, develop who you've recruited.

When you bring in a 6th year grad student, it's playoffs or bust. That was a failed experiment.
It's different if ND can get a Caleb Williams or Jayden Daniels talent from the portal, but going after a mediocre QB is dumb, develop who you've recruited.
Sam Hartman didn't send out 10 guys on defense after a timeout with the game on the line against Ohio St., Sam Hartman did not hire the OC, and Sam Hartman can't control the WR room, which was average at best.

Calling Sam Hartman a "failed experiment..." is disingenuous. Many things failed this season.

Sam Hartman didn't send out 10 guys on defense after a timeout with the game on the line against Ohio St., Sam Hartman did not hire the OC, and Sam Hartman can't control the WR room.

Calling Sam Hartman a "failed experiment..." is disingenuous. Many things failed this season.

100% agree. It’s ridiculous IMO to turn away Hartman or any scholarship QB that wants to come to ND after this season. Bring in the best players.

A freshman, sophomore, and junior is a young QB room. Pratt is a fifth year with around 40 starts after this year.

Sam Hartman didn't send out 10 guys on defense after a timeout with the game on the line against Ohio St., Sam Hartman did not hire the OC, and Sam Hartman can't control the WR room.

Including going to the portal...

Reactions: NDinNJ
100% agree. It’s ridiculous IMO to turn away Hartman or any scholarship QB that wants to come to ND after this season. Bring in the best players.

A freshman, sophomore, and junior is a young QB room. Pratt is a fifth year with around 40 starts after this year.
And add to that an OL that simply didn't perform, especially the interior of the OL.

Reactions: deadirishpoet

Steve Angeli and Kenny Minchey played zero meaningful snaps this season because they aren't good enough to do so, according to the coaches.

And my guess is there will be a grad transfer QB for 2024.

Steve Angeli and Kenny Minchey played zero meaningful snaps this season because they aren't good enough to do so, according to the coaches.

And my guess is there will be a grad transfer QB for 2024.
Wow.....who recruited them?

Sam Hartman didn't send out 10 guys on defense after a timeout with the game on the line against Ohio St., Sam Hartman did not hire the OC, and Sam Hartman can't control the WR room, which was average at best.

Sam Hartman didn't make the throw that should have sealed the win vs OSU

Sam Hartman 5 TD's 7 INT's in his last 5 games. That's on him, not on the coaches. He's not very good, he's average. If he was good, he would have opted out of his 6th year.

Agree

We have three talented inexperienced scholarship QBs entering next season. Personally, I’d like to have a fourth with meaningful experience. In today’s NIL and open transfer world, the portal is just an extension of your recruiting efforts. We either go to the portal for depth or upgrade, and if there’s a qb in the portal that is a clear upgrade, you make your recruiting pitch to come in and compete.

We have three talented inexperienced scholarship QBs entering next season. Personally, I’d like to have a fourth with meaningful experience. In today’s NIL and open transfer world, the portal is just an extension of your recruiting efforts. We either go to the portal for depth or upgrade, and if there’s a qb in the portal that is a clear upgrade, you make your recruiting pitch to come in and compete.
And Minchey as well as Angeli are probably gone.

From what I've read they are not very talented according to the coaching staff

I don't care who the qb is our oc sucks, our wrs suck, oline has regressed. We need a running qb for sure.

This is just the world of college football now, and it’s just really not as simple as developing your own quarterback. Fourth year and fifth year quarterbacks are going to be better than even talented, younger quarterbacks, and the only exceptions are the elite, elite quarterbacks, which we can’t seem to get.

Do you think any one of our quarterbacks will be better than Riley Leonard or Michael Pratt? I doubt it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT