ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Leonard to miss winter workouts.

A quick Google search tells you that he threw for 2,970 - 20/6INTs in 2022... or does that not fit your narritve?
One good year out of three. You are hoping his 2022 numbers are the real deal. We shall see, but I'm not convinced.

One good year out of three. You are hoping his 2022 numbers are the real deal. We shall see, but I'm not convinced.
Of course I am hoping for that. 2022 was his first year as the guy. 2023 was full of injuries. Are we really going to jump on numbers for a his first year? What have Angeli's numbers been so far? Let them compete for the job and see what happens.

Im talking about 2023, please keep up
You stated, "the guy can run but isn't much of a passer. (1100 yds - 3 TDs/3INt last year)." while obviously leaving out his stats for 2022. You think he just magically became "not much of a passer" one year later?

I keep up just fine and can obviously spot a narrative with an agenda.

Last edited:
Of course I am hoping for that. 2022 was his first year as the guy. 2023 was full of injuries. Are we really going to jump on numbers for a his first year? What have Angeli's numbers been so far? Let them compete for the job and see what happens.
You're making excuses, let's throw out year 1 and year 3 and only look at year 2, because it was his 1st year and he was injured in year 3. Those are excuses.
We all know there is not going to be a real competition. They didn't bring Leonard in to hold a clipboard and send signals in from the sidelines.

The only way anyone other than Leonard starts is if Leonard gets injured.

Reactions: Chitown11
Missing work time with the new team, is not an ideal start; playing catch-up from the start.

In the old days, winter workouts used to mean just that — workouts. Unless things have changed, I don't think he is going to miss anything in the way of practices unless he can't go in the spring.

Reactions: Kelso86
In the old days, winter workouts used to mean just that — workouts. Unless things have changed, I don't think he is going to miss anything in the way of practices unless he can't go in the spring.
I was mis-reported that Riley was going to miss spring practice -- but that was later refuted and reported that he will take part in spring practice.

I was mis-reported that Riley was going to miss spring practice -- but that was later refuted and reported that he will take part in spring practice.
Hope so Kelso. He’s potentially the best dual threat QB we’ve had since Kizer, and the group of Angeli and Minchey and Carr is the most talented depth we’ve had in decades. I want Leonard to HAVE to compete against this talented group and EARN the right to start. Denbrock comes in with no personal history or bias with these guys, and we can expect honest competition. Just as Rudolph came in and selected last year’s OL based on competition, I expect Denbrock to do the same. Odds favor Leonard with his experience and running ability, but time will tell.

Hope so Kelso. He’s potentially the best dual threat QB we’ve had since Kizer, and the group of Angeli and Minchey and Carr is the most talented depth we’ve had in decades. I want Leonard to HAVE to compete against this talented group and EARN the right to start. Denbrock comes in with no personal history or bias with these guys, and we can expect honest competition. Just as Rudolph came in and selected last year’s OL based on competition, I expect Denbrock to do the same. Odds favor Leonard with his experience and running ability, but time will tell.
Here you go Tex!

Reactions: Telx1
Good to hear he is going to have a full spring to learn the offense. I’m assuming he won’t play in the spring game.

Reactions: Kelso86
Leonard is man of God. All you Notre Dame Our Mother haters are going to have a hard time dealing with all his Jesus talk on national TV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT