ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Leonard to miss winter workouts.

He's entering his final year of eligibility and he's only had one good season. That should raise some questions. I'm just glad we have Angeli, Minchey, and Carr behind him. ND hasn't had a QB room this talented in a very long time.

He's entering his final year of eligibility and he's only had one good season. That should raise some questions. I'm just glad we have Angeli, Minchey, and Carr behind him. ND hasn't had a QB room this talented in a very long time.
We'll see who's still left after spring practice.

Reactions: ohio1980
This guy is injury prone. Thank God none of our QBs have transferred. I don't care how good you are, if you can't get on the field you are worthless.
Is he really injury-prone or did he just suffer a serious ankle injury when Cross tackled him that he aggravated a couple of times during the rest of the season? I admit, I don't follow college football as closely as some of you guys do, and I only started to pay attention to Leonard last season.

Is he really injury-prone or did he just suffer a serious ankle injury when Cross tackled him that he aggravated a couple of times during the rest of the season? I admit, I don't follow college football as closely as some of you guys do, and I only started to pay attention to Leonard last season.
Hes been hurt most of the year. Ankle injury against ND, then comes back in week 7 with toe injury and is out for year. Now he has ankle surgery and is scheduled to miss 6-8 weeks which jeopardizes spring ball. The guy can run but isn't much of a passer. (1100 yds - 3 TDs/3INt last year). Running QBs usually get hurt, this guy is no exception. He won't last the year. Sorry, Im not impressed

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
Then it's going to be the start of the Kenny Minchey era. And a glorious one it will be.

But, I hope this guy eventually heals up and all that....

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Then it's going to be the start of the Kenny Minchey era. And a glorious one it will be.

But, I hope this guy eventually heals up and all that....
He has to pass Angeli first, which he hasn't been able to.

It's crazy how everyone is overlooking Angeli. The kid has stepped up and performed excellent with every opportunity he's been given. High completion percentage, scans the field and checks down his receivers.

Hes been hurt most of the year. Ankle injury against ND, then comes back in week 7 with toe injury and is out for year. Now he has ankle surgery and is scheduled to miss 6-8 weeks which jeopardizes spring ball. The guy can run but isn't much of a passer. (1100 yds - 3 TDs/3INt last year). Running QBs usually get hurt, this guy is no exception. He won't last the year. Sorry, Im not impressed
Great insight Mel

LOL! This is standard procedure for that type of thing. It was successful. He will be back in April. Duke should have performed it in December. Or November. I'd blame them if you want to be mad about something.

He's only started 1.5 seasons, so in 1.5 seasons, 1 was elite

Everyone in the world breaks their ankle if they get tackled like he did by cross (that wasn't a run play, it was a fluke play)

Yes he rushed back to try and save their season and it caused other issues

Could he have injury issues, maybe, but is there reason to believe it, no. He played all 13 games in 2022 while rushing for 700 yds. It's like saying Joe theisman was injury prone because of his broken leg by LT.

Everyone in the world breaks their ankle if they get tackled like he did by cross (that wasn't a run play, it was a fluke play)

Yes he rushed back to try and save their season and it caused other issues

Could he have injury issues, maybe, but is there reason to believe it, no. He played all 13 games in 2022 while rushing for 700 yds. It's like saying Joe theisman was injury prone because of his broken leg by LT.
Bad comparison, Theisman got his leg broke in half. Leonard had a high ankle sprain, then he had turf toe two weeks later. He just had tightrope surgery which is a new procedure to fix a high ankle sprain.

FYI - In 13 games in 2022, Leonard passed for 3000 yards and 20 TD's

He has to pass Angeli first, which he hasn't been able to.

It's crazy how everyone is overlooking Angeli. The kid has stepped up and performed excellent with every opportunity he's been given. High completion percentage, scans the field and checks down his receivers.

Agreed

I'd be fine with Angeli as our QB opening night.

Reactions: d1042 and NDinNJ
Bad comparison, Theisman got his leg broke in half. Leonard had a high ankle sprain, then he had turf toe two weeks later. He just had tightrope surgery which is a new procedure to fix a high ankle sprain.
Yes, turf toe likely caused by compensation due to ankle putting opposite/more stress on another area

Starting at TAM in front of 110,000? Based on what?
He did just fine in the bowl game. Leonard played in a lot of big games/stadiums. My God, Duke holds 40,000 fans. WOW!!!! In 2023, he played 3 ranked opponents (ND, FL St, Louisville - ALL LOSSES). In 2022 season where he was "elite" per some poster he played a sorry ass schedule. Played one ranked opponent Pitt #22 and LOSSED AGAIN. I think Angeli can handle a big crowd.

The coaching staff led by Marcus Freeman recruited an experienced, respected, double digit starts senior QB from the transfer portal for a reason.

It was this, mostly

You guys do realize that he is already in pics working out and his surgery was 2 weeks ago right? Who the hell started this rumor that he is out for any considerable time? He’s not.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGI User 756
A quick Google search tells you that he threw for 2,970 - 20/6INTs in 2022... or does that not fit your narritve?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT