ADVERTISEMENT

More smoke on 24 transfer qb

I keep inserting open honest competition for the very reason you cite, that Hartman was always going to be the starting QB. You opined that bringing in a one a done qb will result in Minchey leaving and possibly Angeli. I think Angeli will likely leave if we bring in a one and done who is anointed starter through competition or not. I think Minchey would be wise to think he can beat out Carr as a redshirt sophomore the following year. The analogy wasn’t so much about Buchner as it was about Saban providing real competition and the young guys stayed with the team, and one of the young guys, a redshirt sophomore ultimately won the starting job.
Bo Nix arrived at Oregon, well thought of junior backup Ty Thompson is still there.

I keep inserting open honest competition for the very reason you cite, that Hartman was always going to be the starting QB. You opined that bringing in a one a done qb will result in Minchey leaving and possibly Angeli. I think Angeli will likely leave if we bring in a one and done who is anointed starter through competition or not. I think Minchey would be wise to think he can beat out Carr as a redshirt sophomore the following year. The analogy wasn’t so much about Buchner as it was about Saban providing real competition and the young guys stayed with the team, and one of the young guys, a redshirt sophomore ultimately won the starting job.
Caleb Williams arrived at USC, well thought of junior backup Miller Moss is still there.

Bo Nix arrived at Oregon, well thought of junior backup Ty Thompson is still there.
Lots of good QBs in the 24 draft…does Bo go or stay another year hoping to improve his draft status?

Lots of good QBs in the 24 draft…does Bo go or stay another year hoping to improve his draft status?
Bo has played 5 years in college. First round draft choice. Top 15 IMO.

There is a long list of candidates for the A&M crowd to pick from and they might not be interested in a coach who has two years under his belt.
I believe ND has to dip into the portal again because QB recruiting before MF was so bad

There is a long list of candidates for the A&M crowd to pick from and they might not be interested in a coach who has two years under his belt.
I believe ND has to dip into the portal again because QB recruiting before MF was so bad
Ian Book, 35-5 as a starter, guided Notre Dame to two CFB playoff appearances in the last 6 seasons.

How is that bad?

This actually did happen with Spencer Sanders this year. He started for 4 years at Oklahoma State (and once beat us in a bowl game), then transferred to Ole Miss this year, and sat on the bench. He couldn't beat out Jaxson Dart for the job.
Right, that was foolish, and puzzling, for a guy to transfer to a team with an already fully established, good starting QB. As a fifth-year guy with tons of starting experience which are typically in high demand, you really want to find a spot where you are at least semi-assured of being the starter. And in both Coan and SH's case, that was pretty much the situation. And I think that would be the case for someone like Pratt.

So we'll see if there's anyone of that caliber. Which totally remains to be seen. And to be fair, it is not a death sentence for this program to be stuck next season with Angeli or Minchey, not at all. I don't mean to be down on those guys, as they're fine, and are some pretty bright prospects, including Angeli.

Because that guy wants to blame BK for everything not our current HC.
Well let's see, BK recruited Buchner, Pyne, Angeli.
Freeman recruited Minchey, Carr, and Knight. I'd say the QB room is getting upgraded.

If the coaches thought Steve Angeli would go 11-1, then Angeli would have played,
Yea they thought Hartman would go 11-1 and thought wrong.. if they knew he’d lose 3-4 games, would have developed the room. Failed experiment. Don’t forget Joe Alt was 3rd string..

Well let's see, BK recruited Buchner, Pyne, Angeli.
Freeman recruited Minchey, Carr, and Knight. I'd say the QB room is getting upgraded.

Recruited Ian Book----35-5 . Past that why don't you wait and see if any of these recruits can play .

Yea they thought Hartman would go 11-1 and thought wrong.. if they knew he’d lose 3-4 games, would have developed the room. Failed experiment. Don’t forget Joe Alt was 3rd string..
Then don't send out 10 guys on defense after a timeout against OSU with the game on the line..

Blaming the QB for 7-3 is ludicrous.

Then don't send out 10 guys on defense after a timeout against OSU with the game on the line..

Blaming the QB for 7-3 is ludicrous.
Agreed. But, I think we would be 10-0 with Danials because his legs and arm would more than compensate for our poor interior offensive line play on passing, and the inability of our receivers to get separation. Another way of saying our entire offense owns our 7-3 mark, not Hartman. The ten players on defense fiasco should have been preempted by the interception that never was.

Agreed. But, I think we would be 10-0 with Danials because his legs and arm would more than compensate for our poor interior offensive line play on passing, and the inability of our receivers to get separation. Another way of saying our entire offense owns our 7-3 mark, not Hartman. The ten players on defense fiasco should have been preempted by the interception that never was.
Amd playcalling by the offense in the previous series and Hartman making a screen pass that would have ended the game

Amd playcalling by the offense in the previous series and Hartman making a screen pass that would have ended the game
I think the consensus is the screen play would have gone the distance, but at least for a first down. Actually an excellent call by Parker. Enough “what ifs” in our last offensive and defensive series to make me sick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT