ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan is terrible

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Michigan sux. Should have lost to army Should drop in polls
Soooo overated

Reactions: mirer03
i'll be surprised if scUM doesn't lose at least 3 games this year if they don't make huge improvements on the offensive side of the ball soon

Reactions: rgc7
I’ll be surprised if they don’t lose three games before they play us with Wisconsin away, Iowa, abd penn state away. They’ve looked bad in both games.

i'll be surprised if scUM doesn't lose at least 3 games this year if they don't make huge improvements on the offensive side of the ball soon

They have 6 games against teams currently in the top 20. We’ll know a lot more about them after their next game against Wisconsin. The team they’ve put out the first two weeks is probably 8-4 against their current schedule.

Reactions: d1042 and theskibro
You can bet when ND rolls into town Michigan will bring their A+ game. One thing I have learned over the many years of following college football. Never project what a team will do in a future game based on what they did in previous game. Each game is unique unto itself and each game has different sets of challenges. That’s why when all is said and done, winning the game , whether it’s by 1 or by 100 is all that matters.

You can bet when ND rolls into town Michigan will bring their A+ game. One thing I have learned over the many years of following college football. Never project what a team will do in a future game based on what they did in previous game. Each game is unique unto itself and each game has different sets of challenges. That’s why when all is said and done, winning the game , whether it’s by 1 or by 100 is all that matters.

Couldn’t agree more !

Nah. They recruit at an elite level and computers say they’re good. You can’t judge them just on this game, their last game, the bowl game, the Ohio St fame, and the ND game.

You are being sarcastic but if you tone down the exaggeration a smidge you are on the right path in regards to how to properly evaluate a football program.

Reactions: NDT&B
Everyone forgets how many times ND has struggled against Navy over the past decade. I have no idea if Michigan is going to have a great season or not, but to assume just because they struggled against Army, which had a pretty good team last year, that they suck is kind of a stretch.

Everyone forgets how many times ND has struggled against Navy over the past decade. I have no idea if Michigan is going to have a great season or not, but to assume just because they struggled against Army, which had a pretty good team last year, that they suck is kind of a stretch.
Our teams that werent very good. Just like Michigan. Not very good

This was the plan all the way to take Army to the final OT. It's called the switch and bait coaching. Harbaguh is just playing hard to get and lulling us in to a false sense of security. Harbaugh is sneaky like that LOL!

Wish we played them early in the season. They are so shitty right now. They’ll most likely improve by the time we roll into Anne Arbor.

October 14, 1995 at The Meadowlands. Army scores late to make it 28-27 but decides to go for two. Ivory Covington makes a two point saving tackle at the goal line to save the win for ND. Besides the 1940s, ND has had their moments with Army West Point also.

Most accurate thing said in a long time on here.

Too many posters get all giddy and try to connect dots like that.

Just like in boxing, styles make fights.

Oklahoma was taken into overtime by Army last year. The very same Oklahoma with all world heisman winning QB Kyler Murray and that ridiculous offense. Army help them in the mid 20's

Reactions: Kelso86
Most accurate thing said in a long time on here.

Too many posters get all giddy and try to connect dots like that.

Just like in boxing, styles make fights.

Oklahoma was taken into overtime by Army last year. The very same Oklahoma with all world heisman winning QB Kyler Murray and that ridiculous offense. Army help them in the mid 20's

This would be different if it were a single incident for UM. They didn’t look very good last week either. They also got hammered in their bowl game and against OSU before that. If we had a 4-game stretch like that, I can only imagine what this board would be like.

Keep in mind that Michigan plays at Penn State the week before they play ND, and ND has two weeks to prepare for Michigan.

This would be different if it were a single incident for UM. They didn’t look very good last week either. They also got hammered in their bowl game and against OSU before that. If we had a 4-game stretch like that, I can only imagine what this board would be like.
We had a 12 game stretch like that 3 short years ago that so many people act like it was decades past

So yes..I know exactly what it was like

Michigan sux. Should have lost to army Should drop in polls
Soooo overated

"Michigan sux. Should have lost to army Should drop in polls
Soooo overated"

So, if ND struggles against NAVY, should they drop too?

I
Nah. They recruit at an elite level and computers say they’re good. You can’t judge them just on this game, their last game, the bowl game, the Ohio St fame, and the ND game.
This is one of the best posts I’ve seen around here in a while, just completely hits the mark. Kudos.

That said, it’s still going to be a tough game regardless and we should keep in mind we play navy later this year.

Reactions: Kelso86
"Michigan sux. Should have lost to army Should drop in polls
Soooo overated"

So, if ND struggles against NAVY, should they drop too?
Yes. If we struggle vs navy we should drop. Also, new Mexico and bowling green

Yes. If we struggle vs navy we should drop. Also, new Mexico and bowling green

Army is 31st in the AP also receiving votes section. I doubt Navy or New Mexico or Bowling Green will be that well regarded this season.

Downgrading another team doesn't make our team any better. We have flaws. We have concerns of our own. Not confident they will be worked out by Georgia. The NM game , either way, won't be a sign. Army is very hard to play. I'm sure Michigan staff and players are relieved that game is over with a "W". The celebration by players and fans after the game was way too much. You do that with Ohio State. Not after Army. Especially when you escaped by the seat of your little britches. The Michigan celebration. The MSU home unies. What the Same Hill is going on?

Reactions: 88ND
Downgrading another team doesn't make our team any better. We have flaws. We have concerns of our own. Not confident they will be worked out by Georgia. The NM game , either way, won't be a sign. Army is very hard to play. I'm sure Michigan staff and players are relieved that game is over with a "W". The celebration by players and fans after the game was way too much. You do that with Ohio State. Not after Army. Especially when you escaped by the seat of your little britches. The Michigan celebration. The MSU home unies. What the Same Hill is going on?

The players jump into the student section after every home win. They also sang with the Army players post game.

As 88 pointed out, going to OT with Army at home early in the season doesn't mean much. Oklahoma did the same thing last year and made the playoffs. Army is legit.... and ND fans would be ignorant to say otherwise because we have always been defensive when outsiders criticize our games against Navy.

As 88 pointed out, going to OT with Army at home early in the season doesn't mean much. Oklahoma did the same thing last year and made the playoffs. Army is legit.... and ND fans would be ignorant to say otherwise because we have always been defensive when outsiders criticize our games against Navy.

Army played tough but Michigan still played poorly. Army only beat Rice by 7 the opening week. The Knights are not some New Year's Six contender this year. If Michigan's offense doesn't greatly improve, we could be looking at an 8-5 season.

Army played tough but Michigan still played poorly. Army only beat Rice by 7 the opening week. The Knights are not some New Year's Six contender this year. If Michigan's offense doesn't greatly improve, we could be looking at an 8-5 season.
I didnt get to watch the game, but Army got blown out by Duke last year a few weeks before taking Oklahoma to OT..... and OU went on to the playoffs...

The players jump into the student section after every home win. They also sang with the Army players post game.
Do they jump into the student section after the Ohio State games? The fans reaction was one of sheer joy. Maybe because the win was unexpected. Maybe they have to get their joy when they can. Somebody better tell Herbie that the post game celebration was over done, which it was. He made that very analysis Saturday night. Anyway, Michigan players and fans celebrating an "escape" win over a non ranked team....at home. LOL!

"imagine"? LOL. You guys had like 8 losses 3 seasons ago. Meanwhile Harbaugh's Win % at Michigan is .755 - which puts him in the Top 5 of all CFB coaches going back to 2015. Yup, we've got to somehow find a way to beat OSU (something almost nobody has been able to do, especially ND who is 0-5 versus the Buckeyes in the modern era).

And don't forget this: UM was pretty bad in 2009 when frosh QB Tate Forcier beat an uber talented ND team; we were undermanned in 2010 when Denard ran crazy on you; we were undermanned in 2011 and 2013 but still found a way to beat you guys. So, sure, go ahead and revel in your two recent wins but I'm not terribly worried. I watched a horrible Louisville team gouge your defense for yardage and we'll see how you all fare against the Bulldogs on Saturday. Our B10 grind gives me far more concern.

Do they jump into the student section after the Ohio State games? The fans reaction was one of sheer joy. Maybe because the win was unexpected. Maybe they have to get their joy when they can. Somebody better tell Herbie that the post game celebration was over done, which it was. He made that very analysis Saturday night. Anyway, Michigan players and fans celebrating an "escape" win over a non ranked team....at home. LOL!

Yeah, not worried about what Herbie says.

It was double OT and the defense won the game with a turnover. That will excite most 18-22 year old players. Even those at ND.

Michigan players go to sit on the wall in front of the student section after every home win to sing The Victors no matter who the opponent is. Been this way for years. smh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT