ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan is terrible

especially ND who is 0-5 versus the Buckeyes in the modern era).

Glad you mentioned the modern era......1/2 of a title for you guys in the modern era. smh

Glad you mentioned the modern era......1/2 of a title for you guys in the modern era. smh

that’s only because they haven’t played 6 games!

Why do you call Michigan sharing a title 1/2 a title? They shared a title, no one gave them 1/2 a trophy.

This is my take on the game. You cannot read to much into some things because military academy ball just does not translate. It is pretty clear Patterson played hurt as they refused the QB keeper every time. The edge was unguarded the entire game. No game will be easy if you turn it over on one third of your possessions. Plus a bunch of important people were still out including the LT, best receiver, two DT’s in the rotation and the 3rd down back. All are expected back for WISCONSIN. My largest concern is that Patterson might have Book disease. He missed a number of reads where receivers were open. The TO’s are a direct result of him holding the ball too long. The problem with the spread is you go only as far as your QB. If this is what Patterson is then there is a cap to the team. I am not currently worried about rankings because the W’s and L’s through the season take care of it anyway.

This is my take on the game. You cannot read to much into some things because military academy ball just does not translate. It is pretty clear Patterson played hurt as they refused the QB keeper every time. The edge was unguarded the entire game. No game will be easy if you turn it over on one third of your possessions. Plus a bunch of important people were still out including the LT, best receiver, two DT’s in the rotation and the 3rd down back. All are expected back for WISCONSIN. My largest concern is that Patterson might have Book disease. He missed a number of reads where receivers were open. The TO’s are a direct result of him holding the ball too long. The problem with the spread is you go only as far as your QB. If this is what Patterson is then there is a cap to the team. I am not currently worried about rankings because the W’s and L’s through the season take care of it anyway.
no chance vs Wisc! they might be better than New Mexico!

"imagine"? LOL. You guys had like 8 losses 3 seasons ago. Meanwhile Harbaugh's Win % at Michigan is .755 - which puts him in the Top 5 of all CFB coaches going back to 2015. Yup, we've got to somehow find a way to beat OSU (something almost nobody has been able to do, especially ND who is 0-5 versus the Buckeyes in the modern era).

And don't forget this: UM was pretty bad in 2009 when frosh QB Tate Forcier beat an uber talented ND team; we were undermanned in 2010 when Denard ran crazy on you; we were undermanned in 2011 and 2013 but still found a way to beat you guys. So, sure, go ahead and revel in your two recent wins but I'm not terribly worried. I watched a horrible Louisville team gouge your defense for yardage and we'll see how you all fare against the Bulldogs on Saturday. Our B10 grind gives me far more concern.
Harbaugh has not won a truly meaningful game at UM. i know plenty of disgruntled alums.

"imagine"? LOL. You guys had like 8 losses 3 seasons ago. Meanwhile Harbaugh's Win % at Michigan is .755 - which puts him in the Top 5 of all CFB coaches going back to 2015. Yup, we've got to somehow find a way to beat OSU (something almost nobody has been able to do, especially ND who is 0-5 versus the Buckeyes in the modern era).

And don't forget this: UM was pretty bad in 2009 when frosh QB Tate Forcier beat an uber talented ND team; we were undermanned in 2010 when Denard ran crazy on you; we were undermanned in 2011 and 2013 but still found a way to beat you guys. So, sure, go ahead and revel in your two recent wins but I'm not terribly worried. I watched a horrible Louisville team gouge your defense for yardage and we'll see how you all fare against the Bulldogs on Saturday. Our B10 grind gives me far more concern.
37-0 just a couple years ago. Ohio didn't just beat you last year they clown stomped you. My God was that embarrassing. Probably close to losing to appy state lol!

Actually, ND had another title when they had the same record as FSU but they beat FSU head to head and FSU was awarded the NC.

Reactions: mirer03
To Harbaugh's credit, he produced a better F&P+ ranking (#4 in the country) back in 2016 than Brian Kelly ever has in his 9 years at Notre Dame.

Why is F&P+ so important in this context?

Because it neutralizes for opponent quality/schedule and the components/data it uses to quantify team performance correlate much higher to a team's actual skill/quality level than a team's simple won-loss record does.

Harbaugh also recruits better classes than Brian Kelly does.

I'd easily trade Kelly for Harbaugh with all else equal and not think twice about it.

BUT Harbaugh is still in a tier away from the top 5/first tier in college football and his window of "what is he" is starting to close. Harbaugh might be maxing out somewhere in the high top 10 in terms of his upside. If he doesn't start getting better results on the field and on the recruiting trail i'd be clamoring for a coaching change if i was a michigan fan pretty shortly.

Last edited:
To Harbaugh's credit, he produced a better F&P+ ranking (#4 in the country) back in 2016 than Brian Kelly ever has in his 9 years at Notre Dame.

Because it neutralizes for opponent quality/schedule and the components/data it uses to quantify team performance correlate much higher to a team's actual skill/quality level than a team's simple won-loss record does.

I'd easily trade Kelly for Harbaugh with all else equal and not think twice about it.

BUT Harbaugh is still in a tier away from the top 5/first tier in college football and his window of "what is he" is starting to close. Harbaugh might be maxing out somewhere in the high top 10 in terms of his upside. If he doesn't start getting better results on the field and on the recruiting trail i'd be clamoring for a coaching change if i was a michigan fan pretty shortly.
F & P is meaningless and irrelevant.

It put Bama over Clemson last year. No one cares what they think.

Kelly beat Harbaugh last yr and will again this year

This is why the haters on the board, cannot be taken seriously. If you watched the game with your two eyeballs, you saw that Michigan was AWFUL. They have no power running game, Shea has appeared to regress and if they don’t get bailed out late in the third quarter, they are down 21-7. ND will go in there and roll them.

Reactions: d1042
This is why the haters on the board, cannot be taken seriously. If you watched the game with your two eyeballs, you saw that Michigan was AWFUL. They have no power running game, Shea has appeared to regress and if they don’t get bailed out late in the third quarter, they are down 21-7. ND will go in there and roll them.
Wonder what you’re going to say IF Michigan wins the game!

Reactions: HoltzArmy
In fairness, he’s been playing with Hoke’s recruits for the last four years.
like when Weis had his most success with Willinghams players ? the more of his own players he got the worse his teams got. the QB was hand picked by Harbaugh.

like when Weis had his most success with Willinghams players ? the more of his own players he got the worse his teams got. the QB was hand picked by Harbaugh.

Those are two entirely unrelated sets of circumstances.

Only someone absent a football IQ would treat them as analogous

Remind us, how many players are on a team, more than just a QB I think.

Correct. But his point remains accurate, Harbaughs teams have regressed the more the team has been made up of his own players.

again the point being made completely eluded you. debunking the myth since 11/25/18 !

Last edited:
Correct. But his point remains accurate, Harbaughs teams have regressed the more the team has been made up of his own players.

His point is bullshit.

Harbaugh first season at Michigan 10-3
Harbaugh's latest season at Michigan 10-3

His point is bullshit.

The projected mean for 2019 is also 10-3. Sounds like Harbaugh is a ten win coach if he plays in a tough conference. If he remained at Stanford 11 probably would have been the mean.

I think if we can come to any conclusions here it’s that there sure are a lot of UM fans that post on the free ND boards here.

His point is bullshit.

Their average margin of defeat in 2015 was 13ppg. In 2018 it was 18ppg. They won their bowl game against Florida in 15. They got curb stomped in their bowl gm against Florida in 18. Id say that's a regression.

In 2016 they went 10 and 3 with an average margin of defeat of 2ppg. In 2017 they went 8 and 5 with an avg margin of defeat of 13ppg.

His best season was 2016 followed by 2015. Then 2018 and 2017.

That shows his best 2 seasons were his first 2 with more of Hokes players. The more of his own players he has gotten, the worse Michigan has gotten.

What he said was factual

This is possibly the dumbest comment ive ever seen.

Reactions: Golson5
His point was accurate. You're not bright enough to see it. No surprise there

I’m not bright enough ?

You and echowaker are the dunces.

The facts are that he went 10-3 his first year and 10-3 last year, so where’s the regression in his record ?

Get a tutor and have them explain to you that 10-3 equals 10-3.
Have them explain that there is no regression when your most recent year is equal to your first year

To repeat, have the tutor explain to you that there is no regression between his first year and his most recent year.

Maybe there should be a minimum IQ requirement before you’re allowed to post ! :):)

I’m not bright enough ?

The facts are that he went 10-3 his first year and 10-3 last year, so where’s the regression in his record ?

Have them explain that there is no regression when your most recent year is equal to your first year

To repeat, have the tutor explain to you that there is no regression between his first year and his most recent year.

Maybe there should be a minimum IQ requirement before you’re allowed to post ! :):)
Read a few posts up where I break it down for your tiny brain to comprehend

Not for nothing guys, but the disparaging personal remarks are not necessary and actually can get you a mini vacation.

Their average margin of defeat in 2015 was 13ppg. In 2018 it was 18ppg. They won their bowl game against Florida in 15. They got curb stomped in their bowl gm against Florida in 18. Id say that's a regression.

In 2016 they went 10 and 3 with an average margin of defeat of 2ppg. In 2017 they went 8 and 5 with an avg margin of defeat of 13ppg.

His best season was 2016 followed by 2015. Then 2018 and 2017.

That shows his best 2 seasons were his first 2 with more of Hokes players. The more of his own players he has gotten, the worse Michigan has gotten.

What he said was factual

Jesus. You are straining to show a miniscule difference between two 10-3 seasons. Do you account for injuries? Players going to the NFL who played in the bowls?

Your point is bullshit.

Jesus. You are straining to show a miniscule difference between two 10-3 seasons. Do you account for injuries? Players going to the NFL who played in the bowls?

Your point is bullshit.
First 2 years 20 and 6
Next 2 years 18 and 8

First 2 years avg margin of defeat 8ppg
Next 2 years avg margin of defeat 15ppg

Hes losing more and by bigger margins with more of his own players. That's a fact.

And they look like hot garbage so far this year.

I’m not bright enough ?

you must watch games with your eyes closed. debunking the myth since 11/25/18 !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT