ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan is terrible

not based on on field performance its not.

I disagree. There are a ton of variables. Not the same teams played, injuries, etc. He also put a crap load of players into the NFL this Spring. And the same record the first year as the latest disproves any steady decline.

I get it that you hate Michigan blah blah blah, but you shouldn't have to stoop to making shit up to do that.

I disagree. There are a ton of variables. Not the same teams played, injuries, etc. He also put a crap load of players into the NFL this Spring. And the same record the first year as the latest disproves any steady decline.

I get it that you hate Michigan blah blah blah, but you shouldn't have to stoop to making shit up to do that.
i don't hate michigan at all. do you think his team performed as well last year as they did in his first year ? i don't think it's remotely close at all record aside.

To Harbaugh's credit, he produced a better F&P+ ranking (#4 in the country) back in 2016 than Brian Kelly ever has in his 9 years at Notre Dame.

Why is F&P+ so important in this context?

Because it neutralizes for opponent quality/schedule and the components/data it uses to quantify team performance correlate much higher to a team's actual skill/quality level than a team's simple won-loss record does.

Harbaugh also recruits better classes than Brian Kelly does.

I'd easily trade Kelly for Harbaugh with all else equal and not think twice about it.

BUT Harbaugh is still in a tier away from the top 5/first tier in college football and his window of "what is he" is starting to close. Harbaugh might be maxing out somewhere in the high top 10 in terms of his upside. If he doesn't start getting better results on the field and on the recruiting trail i'd be clamoring for a coaching change if i was a michigan fan pretty shortly.

You'd trade the coach for the guy who just got dominated head to head?

Michigan is not terrible, but Michigan is not a Top 12 team. ND will not struggle vs Michigan.
ND wins something like 38-17.

Wonder what you’re going to say IF Michigan wins the game!

It always cracks me up when people talk about a single game -- especially early in the year. I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan beats ND easily this year based on the ND Fan Bravado Index.

It always cracks me up when people talk about a single game -- especially early in the year. I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan beats ND easily this year based on the ND Fan Bravado Index.
Oh that’s fun now do Michigan’s fan bravado index! Considering this thread lives on due to Michigan fans on a ND board...

for Michigan fans: how in the world of football can you feel confident with S Patterson at QB in a big game?

Oh that’s fun now do Michigan’s fan bravado index! Considering this thread lives on due to Michigan fans on a ND board...

For that purpose you need to refer to the Michigan Smugness Index.

I'm not sure with all this bs being batted around, but I know this - BK's ND teams are about to become 11-1 in games coming off bye weeks. ND smacked the skunkbears last year and they will this year. Michigan looked bad in both it's games in 2019. They will undoubtedly be much improved by the time ND comes calling, but so will the Irish. We need to slow the row and concentrate on this weekend. There's a lot of football to be played before donning our oxygen masked to head into that pigpen they call a stadium.

Reactions: tbonesays
i don't hate michigan at all. do you think his team performed as well last year as they did in his first year ? i don't think it's remotely close at all record aside.
In 2015 the experts said Harbaugh would be lucky to reach 7-5. The program was completely depleted. Success was dependent on the dumb luck of a grad transfer at QB. MSU owned the state. OSU dominated with vanilla. Fast forward to 2019. Regardless if deserved UM is in the talking mix. MSU has been marginalized for in state recruiting. Dantonio is gone as the last uncontested class graduates. Most position groups have depth including QB. For the most part even the games they lose UM is competing. Are they Alabama? No. But they are a team that year to year will win about ten games. If you have to do that in the big ten east, that is pretty good.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT