ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rose Bowl - #1 Michigan vs #7 Alabama (Michigan wins 27-20)

With the exception of 2015, the SEC has been in every championship game since 2005. Its been a ridiculously dominating run. Hopefully, the rest of the country can turn the tide more frequently. Its nice to see a championship game without the SEC, regardless of who it is.

Michigan is what I wanted ND to become under Kelly.

A team with an identity who’s going to impose their will on you.

Instead we churned out nfl o linemen after nfl linemen. And basically struggled to run the ball in every big game we played.

The stallions thing is hog wash.

Jim harbaugh proved long ago he’s a great coach
This is also the weakest year in cfb that I could remember

These 4 teams would get run off the field versus the last 6 or so NCs

There was so much parity in cfb this year is crazy

Reactions: tbonesays
With the exception of 2015, the SEC has been in every championship game since 2005. Its been a ridiculously dominating run. Hopefully, the rest of the country can turn the tide more frequently. Its nice to see a championship game without the SEC, regardless of who it is.

Any idea on why that might have been ?

Who knows? Georgia had their shot to make the playoff and blew it. They didn't have any wins big enough to offset losing to Bama.
They would've made it most years with their 12-1 record. They also had good wins over Ole Miss, Missouri and Tennessee. There were just too many teams for the spots available this year.

This is also the weakest year in cfb that I could remember

These 4 teams would get run off the field versus the last 6 or so NCs

There was so much parity in cfb this year is crazy

As stout as this Michigan defense is there's no way they stop Derrick Henry, and that Bama team

And nobody would’ve ever beaten 95 Nebraska. The best team ever

No one in 1995 would have defeated '95 Nebraska. But college football has improved greatly in the past 28 years. Every top 25 team this season could handle that Husker team.

Another wtf moment from Tommy Rees. The play is to stack receivers on one side of the field than have a crosser in the middle of the field run a slant. If you watched the replay he had a running back one on one with a safety out of the backfield. Bama wins. Hey coach Saban sign us up.
AFLAC
I don't recall seeing anything wide open on the left side of the offense, it was like Michigan knew what was coming. Also I think an unblocked or poorly blocked lb got around the Bama Oline into the backfield. However a pass would have had a higher chances chance than running into the brick wall.

Michigan is what I wanted ND to become under Kelly.

A team with an identity who’s going to impose their will on you.

Instead we churned out nfl o linemen after nfl linemen. And basically struggled to run the ball in every big game we played.

The stallions thing is hog wash.

Jim harbaugh proved long ago he’s a great coach
It's a nightmare. And we are partially responsible by not mounting much of a regional challenge during the years of Michigan's ascendance.

I'll come back full circle to how victorious teams illustrate a NC is 1st and foremost a matter of culture...are you prepared to get the players, coaches, facilities, and program management? Taking advantage of all the rules, like NIL and transfers? Easier degrees? Even if you do, nothing is guaranteed, but you minimally need all the aforementioned.

Guys, Harbaugh has MI on the brink. Yes, I am envious.

But there may be glimmers of easing up. Maybe Father Dowd will allow more than Father Jenkins in all this context. I know less than most of you on this and am just guessing and hoping.

Damn. Wolverine fans might quench their thirst.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
I don't recall seeing anything wide open on the left side of the offense, it was like Michigan knew what was coming. Also I think an unblocked or poorly blocked lb got around the Bama Oline into the backfield. However a pass would have had a higher chances chance than running into the brick wall.
"it was like Michigan knew what was coming".......Well, now.........

I'll come back full circle to how victorious teams illustrate a NC is 1st and foremost a matter of culture...are you prepared to get the players, coaches, facilities, and program management? Taking advantage of all the rules, like NIL and transfers? Easier degrees? Even if you do, nothing is guaranteed, but you minimally need all the aforementioned.
Guys, Harbaugh has MI on the brink. Yes, I am envious.

But there may be glimmers of easing up. Maybe Father Dowd will allow more than Father Jenkins in all this context. I know less than most of you on this and am just guessing and hoping.

Damn. Wolverine fans might quench their thirst.
Well they seem to be opening up the check book

Reactions: banmate6
Run the replay back you will see michigans safety coming out of the end zone to try and handle a back in the flat. I still say a slant pass would have worked. They said afterward it was supposed to be a RPO, but the snap was bad. I

Run the replay back you will see michigans safety coming out of the end zone to try and handle a back in the flat. I still say a slant pass would have worked. They said afterward it was supposed to be a RPO, but the snap was bad. I
Before the play happened, I posted somewhere Watch Rees call a pass short of the goal line.

I don't think it was an RPO. Milroe's strengths do not include successful short distance RPO passes.

I think he wanted to follow the pulling lineman, but he ran so violently straight ahead, he never gave himself a chance to attempt to cut left.

I don't think it was an RPO. Milroe's strengths do not include successful short distance RPO passes.

I think he wanted to follow the pulling lineman, but he ran so violently straight ahead, he never gave himself a chance to attempt to cut left.
When the football is snapped just above your feet, that happens.

When the football is snapped just above your feet, that happens.

He caught the ball cleanly. It might have moved his eyes for a fraction of a second, but it didn't disrupt his ability to attempt to cut left.

Also, Milroe didn't attempt an RPO pass in similar short yardage situations all year long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT