ADVERTISEMENT

michgian men, the cheating way............

Ohio State fans are starting to come around. Bucknuts message board
It's one person and he's wrong, as stated multiple times in that thread by lawyers.

If Stallions purchasing tickets to opposing teams to send in spies to scout, record, and send back all information was legal, this thing would not be as big as it's become, plain and simple. It's not legal and there's no gray area or loophole that Michigan exploited, the only people that suggest that even exists are Michigan fans

Reactions: BGI User 756
It's one person and he's wrong, as stated multiple times in that thread by lawyers.

If Stallions purchasing tickets to opposing teams to send in spies to scout, record, and send back all information was legal, this thing would not be as big as it's become, plain and simple. It's not legal and there's no gray area or loophole that Michigan exploited, the only people that suggest that even exists are Michigan fans

Recording video from the stands is not scouting. Recording video from the stands is within the rules. Teams paying for such video is within the rules.

If a coach or someone like Stalions is scouting in the stands, that is against the rules. The rest is all allowed.

Also, I have already linked Ohio State fans who state that everything other than Stalions possibly attending a game himself is within the rules.

Last edited:
A scandal that most likely has every nat’l Tom, dick & harry trolling the Michigan boards & the obsessed one is here at the ND board defending the maize & blue? You’d think he’d be fending off all the hatred being spewed from sea to shining sea at his beloved alma mater, but he’s here, at the ND board. Lol

Reactions: NDblitz and Golson5
A scandal that most likely has every nat’l Tom, dick & harry trolling the Michigan boards & the obsessed one is here at the ND board defending the maize & blue? You’d think he’d be fending off all the hatred being spewed from sea to shining sea at his beloved alma mater, but he’s here, at the ND board. Lol
He’s clearly a crack pot and not right in the head!

Reactions: Extirpate 6951
Recording video from the stands is not scouting. Recording video from the stands is within the rules. Teams paying for such video is within the rules.

If a coach or someone like Stalions is scouting in the stands, that is against the rules. The rest is all allowed.
Even by the rule in the article, Stallions was scouting whether or not he recorded the game.

Hey, it isn't my fault you guys don't know the rule book.
Even by the rule in the article, Stallions was scouting whether or not he recorded the game.

True, if he attended any game in person. We don't know that he did. Only that he bought tickets that others used.

ESPN article on the 2015 Baylor coach scouting incident:

"Baylor has imposed a half-game suspension on assistant coach Jeff Lebby after he violated NCAA rules by attending Oklahoma's game against Tulsa last weekend.

Lebby, Baylor's passing game coordinator and running backs coach, will sit out the first half of the Bears' Nov. 14 game against the Sooners.

Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby also issued a public reprimand of Lebby.

"The opportunity for Coach Lebby to scout a future opponent by being on the sideline of a conference member's opponent is inconsistent with the principles and expectations of the Big 12 Sportsmanship and Ethical Conduct Policy," Bowlsby said in statement. "I appreciate the action of Baylor athletics director Ian McCaw in addressing this matter and accept the University's self-imposed penalty."

Lebby was on Tulsa's sideline during the Golden Hurricane's game at Oklahoma on Saturday, a violation of NCAA bylaw 11.6.1, which prohibits the in-house scouting of a future opponent.

Lebby, who graduated from Oklahoma and was a student assistant coach under Bob Stoops, was in Norman for a wedding during Baylor's off week. Tulsa coach Philip Montgomery, who was Baylor's offensive coordinator last season, gave Lebby and his wife passes to the game to stand on Tulsa's sidelines. Lebby also is Baylor coach Art Briles' son-in-law.

Briles and Montgomery both said they phoned Stoops afterward to apologize.

Briles called the incident "embarrassing" earlier this week.

Lebby is the third assistant Baylor has had to suspend this season. Offensive coordinator Kendal Briles and receivers coach Tate Wallis both sat out the Bears' Sept. 12 game with Lamar for recruiting violations."

Last edited:

FBI is also involved?

You would make a good serial killer's wife or Biden's Press Secretary.

You would make a good serial killer's wife or Biden's Press Secretary.

You would make a great editor for the Weekly World News.

original.jpg

Also, I have already linked Ohio State fans who state that everything other than Stalions possibly attending a game himself is within the rules.
Ivan, thanks for posting the actual rule language. This is my understanding as well, and that’s why I characterized the whole thing as silly NCAA nonsense. It’s all legal, just not legal for an employee. And the rationale was to limit advantages for schools that have more resources to send assistants vs those who don’t. The obvious answer is to allow wireless communication to the QB, and thus no silly sideline antics to try to disguise sideline play calling. But here again, the NCAA is concerned with the have vs have not financial implications. Incredibly stupid given the money being spent by every program on uniforms and turf and huge digital displays, etc….

Reactions: BGI User 756
You would make a great editor for the Weekly World News.

original.jpg
Lol.

You are working 24/7 trying to tell us that Stallions buying all those tickets, across from both benches for the same games, on Mich’s dime ….and then standing beside the particular coordinators with a laminated set of opposing teams’ hand signals while Mich was playing…is nothing untoward ..

And then Mich suspended him immediately, Harbie’s contract withdrawn…

^ all of that is standard operating procedure? Lmfao

We shall call you Karine from now on

Ivan, thanks for posting the actual rule language. This is my understanding as well, and that’s why I characterized the whole thing as silly NCAA nonsense. It’s all legal, just not legal for an employee. And the rationale was to limit advantages for schools that have more resources to send assistants vs those who don’t. The obvious answer is to allow wireless communication to the QB, and thus no silly sideline antics to try to disguise sideline play calling. But here again, the NCAA is concerned with the have vs have not financial implications. Incredibly stupid given the money being spent by every program on uniforms and turf and huge digital displays, etc….

How much would it cost to put tiny ipod sized earphones in a few football helmets per team? $1000? $5000? A hell of a lot less than issuing a special helmet for the entire team.

2012-5-nd-vs-miami-at-chicago-v3.png

This is pretty much a comment.

The University of Michigan has rescinded a new contract offer for head football coach Jim Harbaugh in the wake of a sign-stealing scandal that has rocked one of the favorites to play for college football’s national championship, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The move is the first sign that the school may be hesitant about its future relationship with the famed coach who revived its football program and is frequently cited as a candidate for jobs in the National Football League. Harbaugh’s pay had been cut during the pandemic, but he was given a new contract just last year after bringing the team back to national prominence.

The Wolverines’ title chase this year put him in line for another raise. Michigan recently had made an offer that would have made Harbaugh the highest-paid coach in the Big Ten, before the school pulled it once the sign-stealing allegations rocked the school, the person said.

Word is Michigan and Harbaugh will sign a 5 year contract for $60 million soon. This after Michigan officials met with the NCAA.

Obviously, this more than a one person deal. One goes down then all of them go down. If the Cyber cloud thing is real then we are talking federal time. So much for Harbaugh’s raise. The big will try sweep it under the rug. Who knows what the NCAA is doing, but the feds have their own game plan. Of course, the Michigan crowd will claim zero knowledge of any wrongdoing. I am so glad the FBI is paid to investigate.

It doesnt look like that from here. You come across as short tempered & immature. Maybe your online persona is different from your real life but a person that has a "fabulous life" usually doesnt have a mod ban them from a message board because they dont play with others. Just sayin...
You’re free to draw your own conclusions, even ones that don’t come close to reality.

be careful, Patricia will talk about liability! I mean how can Mich suspend an employee and rescind a contract offer with no due process??
You’re beyond obtuse so let me explain it to you.

1. It’s SOP to suspend someone under investigation
2. It’s SOP to rescind a pending offer when the potentially contracted party is part of an investigation.

Since no one has been fired, there is no liability associated with a wrongful terminaction.

someone is salty.

And yes, I recall the Tom Brady posts, believe you bet around $100k on it! I didn't request any validation, but love how you answer any post that allows you to name drop, but won't answer any questions requiring rational thought or critical thinking. None of us dumb posters commented on due process or adequate representation, as we opined on quite apparent irregularities around Mich coaches and their behaviors. Will type slower next time so you can keep up.

yes, know you like them youngins', they fit your maturity profile.
I was called a liar so it seemed reasonable to challenge those making the accusation to a bet and I was willing to offer 10 to 1 odds.

I didn’t just bring up Tom Brady, you did.

I answer every question I’m asked, unlike others.

As to “rational thought” and “critical thinking” I’m significantly smarter than you.

You and others implied “guilt”, in fact you want UM and JH to be guilty, and I don’t because of the taint it would bring to college football.

Hence, I advocated for letting Due Process take its course BEFORE rendering judgement.
That’s the prudent course of action, not rushing to judgement !

Central Michigan is investigating photos that show a man resembling Michigan Wolverines staff member Connor Stalions on its sideline for the Sept. 1 opener at Michigan State.

Athletic director Amy Folan, in a statement to ESPN, said the school became aware of the photos late Monday. The man resembling Stalions is dressed in Central Michigan-issued gear and standing alongside several of the team's coaches, while wearing a bench credential.

Im sure there will be more and more of this stuff. And Michigan end up getting hit hard

It really only matters what, if anything they do to them DURING this season.

If Michigan goes on to win the championship and they get "stripped" of it in March of 2024....who cares. It's done. If the Big 10 has the evidence everyone seems to think they have that they've been definitively cheating than they need to be made ineligible for the playoffs this season. Anything else is just the typical slap on the wrist stuff that means nothing.

it’s interesting that Urban Meyer, he of Ohio State fame, doubts that UM/JH cheated.

He thinks that the media is hyping this absent all of the facts.

He wants all of facts to come out before judgement is rendered.

Sounds reasonable to me.

it’s interesting that Urban Meyer, he of Ohio State fame, doubts that UM/JH cheated.

He thinks that the media is hyping this absent all of the facts.

He wants all of facts to come out before judgement is rendered.

Sounds reasonable to me.

People employed by FOX are going to say "wait and see what is discovered".

People employed by ESPN & the SEC are going to say "they must be punished NOW".

• Haha
Reactions: NDblitz
Coaches in the Big 10 had a meeting with the commisioner and they are pissed. They want him to take action

Dave Cone was critical of Paul Finebaum and ESPN, assigning nefarious motives to their position. Interesting POV

Michigan State is now being accused of videoing other teams practices in a recently filed lawsuit.

Echowaker should be more qualified to comment on the allegation since he played for MSU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT