ADVERTISEMENT

michgian men, the cheating way............

Seriously, I cannot believe the OC and DC are not involved in any manner, shape or form when the accused is standing next to them in games.
Somebody has to bank roll this operation of not only buying tickets, but the expenditures involved in going to the games and committing these dubious acts of cheating.

Reactions: BGI User 756
They knew.

Simply put, if 55k$/year staffer comes to you with the opposing teams signals, do you risk your multimillion dollar enterprise without asking how he he got the signals and how confident he is about them?

A responsible coach would demand to know the source and how reliable it was before running with it as they clearly were

They will deny knowing and it will be difficult to prove unless someone rolls, but they had to know

Seriously, I cannot believe the OC and DC are not involved in any manner, shape or form when the accused is standing next to them in games.
Somebody has to bank roll this operation of not only buying tickets, but the expenditures involved in going to the games and committing these dubious acts of cheating.

Someone like parents helping their son get ahead in his career?

Because coaches wouldn't risk their jobs on such an amateurish breaking of the rules. Unless you think buying tickets in your own name is some sort of sophisticated plot that must have been directed from guys earning $1 million plus per year.

Cover3 (a UNC, an Illinois, and two FSU guys) weigh in. Main take aways: A) Michigan is guilty, & B) punishment is likely to be minimal.

Lol

The best NFL coach did it.

It happened all over Major League Baseball.

College football teams have had tarps around their practice fields for 60 years

A lot of coaches take that risk

Reactions: deadirishpoet
“Likelihood” ?

“Likelihood“ is irrelevant !

If four other students and/or parties unrelated to UM chipped in for the tickets ….. so what ?

The critical factor is whether anyone officially connected with UM’s administration was involved, that would dramatically change the circumstances.

But if Stalion and friends unrelated in any official capacity with UM bought the tickets, there is no violation !

You are so obnoxious. Analyst is part of the staff.

I said “ likelihood” because I haven’t seen all the video evidence nor interviewed the coaches. But your take is typical Johnny Cochran

So being suspended automatically conveys guilt ?

Interesting concept !

Keep your day job !

OUCH !
Didn’t say that. But funny how all your arguments to date have been about legal liability….yet Michigan suspended him as soon as the story broke. I guess they were not worried about legal liability…now explain that Forrest!

Lol

The best NFL coach did it.

It happened all over Major League Baseball.

College football teams have had tarps around their practice fields for 60 years

A lot of coaches take that risk

They don't take the risk of buying tickets in your own name.

Unless you think the plan was: they wanted to get caught. It doesn't add up.

Michigan will be hit with some sort of fine &/or probation. But, if they go 13-0, the Wolverines will be in the playoff again this season.

They don't take the risk of buying tickets in your own name.

Unless you think the plan was: they wanted to get caught. It doesn't add up.

Michigan will be hit with some sort of fine &/or probation. But, if they go 13-0, the Wolverines will be in the playoff again this season.
Of course not. But who benefits from the information? Who does he report to?

It’s a pretty simple case of a premeditated intent or lack of institutional control. Either is damaging

I don’t think NCAA does anything to Mich but it is consistent with their past (Fab Five)

Harbie is around a lot of smoke these days

You are so obnoxious. Analyst is part of the staff.

I said “ likelihood” because I haven’t seen all the video evidence nor interviewed the coaches. But your take is typical Johnny Cochran
You wouldn’t understand it but the underlying legal principle is that you are …

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

Please show verification of your suggestion here. We want tax returns and paper evidence, no hearsay!!!
Have someone with a brain, someone who knows how to read explain to you what the word “maybe” means.

Refer to deadirishpoet for the information you seek

Didn’t say that. But funny how all your arguments to date have been about legal liability….yet Michigan suspended him as soon as the story broke. I guess they were not worried about legal liability…now explain that Forrest!
If you had a brain, you’d know that it’s SOP when there’s an investigation!

God you dumb !

You wouldn’t understand it but the underlying legal principle is that you are …

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY
Which does not disallow or except any of my opinion or thoughts or “likelihood”. Might want to consult your lawyer there Perry Mason.

I’ll ask a second time, since you ignored it already (we know it’s because you don’t have an answer). If Michigan was so worried about liability, why did they suspend Stallions already?

Some of you want UM and JH to be guilty.

I‘m hoping that it‘s not true because of the black mark it will leave on college football in general

Which does not disallow or except any of my opinion or thoughts or “likelihood”. Might want to consult your lawyer there Perry Mason.

I’ll ask a second time, since you ignored it already (we know it’s because you don’t have an answer). If Michigan was so worried about liability, why did they suspend Stallions already?
like·li·hood
/ˈlīklēˌ(h)o͝od/

noun

1. the state or fact of something's being likely; probability.

ANSWER: Because that’s SOP during investigations
    1. God you’re dumb

Of course not. But who benefits from the information? Who does he report to?

It’s a pretty simple case of a premeditated intent or lack of institutional control. Either is damaging

I don’t think NCAA does anything to Mich but it is consistent with their past (Fab Five)

Harbie is around a lot of smoke these days

lol: "consistent with the Fab Five". Who can argue with the relevancy of that?

They could find some measure of lack of institutional control, I agree with you there. But there is a ton of wiggle room with that. Not every assistant coach breaking a rule results in a post season ban.

I think this is a really big deal. Coaches in BIG are pissed. Schiano knew something wasn’t right and he knew it was much more than basic sign stealing. Stalions is seen on the sidelines talking to defensive coaches during the game and I’m sure he has give coaches notes.

They could find some measure of lack of institutional control, I agree with you there. But there is a ton of wiggle room with that. Not every assistant coach breaking a rule results in a post season bante

They could find some measure of lack of institutional control, I agree with you there. But there is a ton of wiggle room with that. Not every assistant coach breaking a rule results in a post season ban.
if a phone text chain confirms coordination with his superiors, Jim may have to amend his strenuous denial. This could get interesting

Agreed. But Harbie has been lying

if a phone text chain confirms coordination with his superiors, Jim may have to amend his strenuous denial. This could get interesting
There is 0% chance other coaches didn’t know. They practically live together during the season. They knew where he was and what he was doing. It will depend on how much his cohorts talk and how well they hid the reimbursements

Connor Stalions, the suspended Michigan staffer at the center of the NCAA's sign-stealing probe, purchased tickets in his own name for more than 30 games over the past three years at 11 different Big Ten schools, sources at 11 different league schools told ESPN.

Just a matter of time before michgan has to forfeit wins, and Harbaugh and the AD will resign or be fired.
It’s looking very bad. Based on previous punishments for team transgressions that are far less serious than this - the result should be vacating wins for 2021 n 2022 and ineligible for bowls

Reactions: TPirish
No, I didn’t, what did he say ?

Did Stalions electronically record any signals from opposing teams ?

Harbaugh has denied any knowledge of Stalions scouting/stealing signals, which would seem to indicate that Stalions didn’t inform Harbaugh on the sidelines during any of the games ……. or, Harbaugh is lying ……. which would end his tenure at Michigan. So why would he risk that ?

I don’t know all of the facts so rather than rush to judgement like so many others I’ll wait until the pertinent facts are revealed.
I made a couple of attempts to replay that particular day in their archives but it didn't work well

and still no response from Patti about Michigan already suspending Stallions...

usual Patti behavior

No, I didn’t, what did he say ?

Did Stalions electronically record any signals from opposing teams ?

Harbaugh has denied any knowledge of Stalions scouting/stealing signals, which would seem to indicate that Stalions didn’t inform Harbaugh on the sidelines during any of the games ……. or, Harbaugh is lying ……. which would end his tenure at Michigan. So why would he risk that ?

I don’t know all of the facts so rather than rush to judgement like so many others I’ll wait until the pertinent f
Per ESPN NCAA investigative team already on site at Michigan!!!! Fun Fun
Hope they know they are being watched.

Harbaugh has already reached out to the NCAA. He told them you can vacate my wins and suspend me but please don't take away my sleepovers with recruits.

Reactions: edub72
I think a lot depends upon whether or not Stalions acted as a “free agent” or as an “agent“ of the football staff.

If the former, I don’t see UM being held accountable, if the latter ……. Trouble in river city.

But there’s a parallel of sorts with the ND student-advisor who was deemed to be akin to a university employee by the NCAA. Hence I would be amazed if the NCAA doesn’t categorize Stalions similarly. But you never know with the NCAA !
30 games over 3 years... definitely NOT a free agent!!!

Im gonna take it easy on you. You're doing your best given the circumstances my man, but you know how this works. Every rival fanbase sees blood in the water and its gonna be a feeding frenzy for the rest of the year. It comes with the territory especially with a program like Michigan where the fans & culture project a holier than thou image. IMO you are a good poster but that doesnt mean we arent gonna tease the sh!t out of you. Hang in there.

Im gonna take it easy on you. You're doing your best given the circumstances my man, but you know how this works. Every rival fanbase sees blood in the water and its gonna be a feeding frenzy for the rest of the year. It comes with the territory especially with a program like Michigan where the fans & culture project a holier than thou image. IMO you are a good poster but that doesnt mean we arent gonna tease the sh!t out of you. Hang in there.

Yes: that is how the message board wars are fought. I am fully aware.

The only way this gets settled this season is if the NCAA and Michigan lawyers come to some sort of deal. Otherwise, it will drag well into 2024 at least.

Yes: that is how the message board wars are fought. I am fully aware.

The only way this gets settled this season is if the NCAA and Michigan lawyers come to some sort of deal. Otherwise, it will drag well into 2024 at least.
The media frenzy will push up the timeline, but my gut says that this season will not be affected. I do think that sports karma has a way of solving these situations. A weird loss/bad break usually follows these type of events.

The media frenzy will push up the timeline, but my gut says that this season will not be affected. I do think that sports karma has a way of solving these situations. A weird loss/bad break usually follows these type of events.

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding of the NCAA scouting rules.

• There is no rule against sign stealing as such (everyone seems to understand this one)
  • The rule that forbids recording an opponent’s signals ONLY applies to a team when it’s on a field for a game. So you can't video live games signals to help de-code those signals during that game.
  • A football program CAN hire third parties to scout future opponents in person. Seats can be bought, scouts can be re-embursed, etc. And those 3rd party scouts are free to record signals.
If Stalions scouted in person himself in 2022 (the year he was hired) or '23, then that will be a violation. His paying for seats, having others scout, and those scouts using their phones to record are not against the rules. Ohio State fans in the stands are free to record Michigan's signs, put those videos up on YT, and then Ryan Day is free to watch those videos to his heart's content. All of that is within the NCAA's rules.

Last edited:
Have someone with a brain, someone who knows how to read explain to you what the word “maybe” means.

Refer to deadirishpoet for the information you seek
Oh no. You demand verification from everyone else. Put up or shut up

If you had a brain, you’d know that it’s SOP when there’s an investigation!

God you dumb !
But but but ….he is innocent until proven guilty! And now he is suspended and can sue the university for such! Just like your argument that you JoePa could have been sued by going to the police. You are quite inconsistent

lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT