ADVERTISEMENT

michgian men, the cheating way............

ohio1980

ND Expert
Aug 1, 2006
Walley World

Connor Stalions, the suspended Michigan staffer at the center of the NCAA's sign-stealing probe, purchased tickets in his own name for more than 30 games over the past three years at 11 different Big Ten schools, sources at 11 different league schools told ESPN.

Just a matter of time before michgan has to forfeit wins, and Harbaugh and the AD will resign or be fired.

Reactions: tbonesays

Connor Stalions, the suspended Michigan staffer at the center of the NCAA's sign-stealing probe, purchased tickets in his own name for more than 30 games over the past three years at 11 different Big Ten schools, sources at 11 different league schools told ESPN.

Just a matter of time before michgan has to forfeit wins, and Harbaugh and the AD will resign or be fired.
I think a lot depends upon whether or not Stalions acted as a “free agent” or as an “agent“ of the football staff.

If the former, I don’t see UM being held accountable, if the latter ……. Trouble in river city.

But there’s a parallel of sorts with the ND student-advisor who was deemed to be akin to a university employee by the NCAA. Hence I would be amazed if the NCAA doesn’t categorize Stalions similarly. But you never know with the NCAA !

Is there an actual rule against sign stealing?

Michigan is done the Ncaa is going after them hard after Jim lied to there faces. I would say he leaves after this year and Michigan gets post season ban.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Yes. It's stated in the article. The question is can the NCAA prove he delivered stolen signs and Michigan used it to their advantage?
If Stalions acted on his own and gave the signals to UM without being compensated it alters the degree of egregiousness

Time will tell.

I can’t imagine a coaching staff getting engaged in this activity given the severity of the consequences if discovered.

I can see an overzealous fan going rogue.

Time will tell

If Stalions acted on his own and gave the signals to UM without being compensated it alters the degree of egregiousness

Time will tell.

I can’t imagine a coaching staff getting engaged in this activity given the severity of the consequences if discovered.

Time will tell
"I can’t imagine a coaching staff getting engaged in this activity given the severity of the consequences if discovered."
-------------------------
True, but i thoroughly believe they used it every game. Started doing it in 2021 and that's the year all of a sudden michigan becomes good again. Coincidence, i think not.

I dont about anyone else but ive turned this into the crime of the century with all my friends that are Michigan friends.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I dont about anyone else but ive turned this into the crime of the century with all my friends that are Michigan friends.

As you should. Most delusional fan base in college football, even ahead of Ohio State. Boasting this team with the pathetic schedule this year. Now McCarthy is in the Heisman talk, uh, why? What he's doing isn't impressive. Eight of the 11 lowest scoring offenses in the entire country reside in the Big 10!

Photos and Videos Show Michigan Staffer Connor Stalions Interacting with Jim Harbaugh, Coordinators During 2022 Ohio State-Michigan Game​

142032_h.jpg

Photos and Videos Show Michigan Staffer Connor Stalions Interacting with Jim Harbaugh, Coordinators During 2022 Ohio State-Michigan Game​

142032_h.jpg

The photo, in and of itself, is irrelevant !

As you should. Most delusional fan base in college football, even ahead of Ohio State. Boasting this team with the pathetic schedule this year. Now McCarthy is in the Heisman talk, uh, why? What he's doing isn't impressive. Eight of the 11 lowest scoring offenses in the entire country reside in the Big 10!
The Michigan schedule is marshmallow soft.

Notre Dame opens 9-0 with that schedule, then would play at Penn State with a realistic shot at 10-0.

I think irrelevant is too strong of a word. It definitely raises suspicions but it isn't cold hard evidence.
What suspicions, he’s on the sidelines where he’s supposed to be.

The only relevant conclusion you can draw from the photo is that he is on the football staff in some capacity.

Some questions arise.

Did he act independently, as a free agent and not under the direction of the staff ?

If he acted independently and volunteered the information that he had gathered to a superior, what was the superior obligated to do with that information and the messenger.

Again, I‘d be surprised if he was directed by a superior to spy on and obtain signals from other teams. But it wouldn’t be the first time that i‘ve been surprised !

The only relevant conclusion you can draw from the photo is that he is on the football staff in some capacity.

Some questions arise.

Did he act independently, as a free agent and not under the direction of the staff ?

If he acted independently and volunteered the information that he had gathered to a superior, what was the superior obligated to do with that information and the messenger.

Again, I‘d be surprised if he was directed by a superior to spy on and obtain signals from other teams. But it wouldn’t be the first time that i‘ve been surprised !
Wow, just Wow!!
uhm-yikes.gif

Gonna be hard to explain that away. Michigan fans have gone from we would never do this to the kid acted alone, to its not illegal. 😂

Some questions arise.

What suspicions? Are you serious?

Reactions: BGI User 756
Yes, what suspicions related to Stslion spying on other teams are revealed in that photo.

Please list them.

Thanks
With all the allegations/reports and the pictures above in this thread zooming in on his laminated sheets, I think the suspicions are very obvious here. If you can't see that as suspicious, then I don't know what to tell you.

How do you know that they’re the opposing team’s hand signals ?

But let’s suppose for a second that they are.

Under whose direction were they obtained ?

Stalion’s as a free agent ?
Or by Stalion’s superior directing him as an agent for the team ?

Big difference don’t you think ?

Which goes back to the question I asked earlier.

If Stalion acted as a free agent and brought the signals to the staff voluntarily, is that a violation ?

And was the football staff obligated to notify the administration of Stslion’s actions ?

With all the allegations/reports and the pictures above in this thread zooming in on his laminated sheets, I think the suspicions are very obvious here. If you can't see that as suspicious, then I don't know what to tell you.
I clearly see what you want the conclusion to be, but absent all of the facts you can’t draw your desired conclusions.

Didn't the Duke rape case teach you anything ?

Dont you believe that the prudent course of action is to gather all of the facts snd THEN. draw your conclusions

I clearly see what you want the conclusion to be, but absent all of the facts you can’t draw your desired conclusions
I said nothing about conclusions. I even said it isn't cold hard evidence in response to you. I'm saying it raises suspicions. I don't know if you understand the difference between suspicion and conclusion.

Only partly matters who directed him to do it. If he has their signals laminated ahead of time it is pretty close to conclusive that he did have people film at previous games and figured them out. Then he’s on the sideline with possibly damning evidence in his hand and others are calling plays that he calls out.
The head coach, according to NCAA rules, is responsible for actions of staff, even if he didn’t know they were doing it.
This looks like he probably did know given the actions in that clip.
Lack of control would probably be a term the NCAA uses in dealing with harbaugh/Michigan.
Dunbar paid to hear a speech or something and was deemed a booster and got ND in a lot of trouble.
This guy is on the payroll.
Not a good look.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Watch the safety after the sign goes up. Leaves 1on1 coverage on the outside and straight blitzs right to the line. That's a pretty lucky call unless you knew it was coming.

Time will tell.

Time will tell
Yet those coaches had laminated pages of info, and Stalions would switch places during the game, depending on whether Mich was on offense and defense. Circumstantial but compelling. No way the coaches weren’t aware, he had to expend a lot of money traveling

What factual conclusions do you and Golson5 draw, solely from that photo ?
I see you are going with the JoePa defensive strategy again.

You emphatically stated several times that you can’t believe the other coaches were involved. Yet Stalions is quite engaged all game on both sides of the ball and standing immediately beside OC, DC, and Harbaugh. And holding a laminated set of hand signal diagrams. But sure, you can’t suspect anything ….lol

I said nothing about conclusions. I even said it isn't cold hard evidence in response to you. I'm saying it raises suspicions. I don't know if you understand the difference between suspicion and conclusion.
If that’s a staffers normal job why would it raise suspicions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT