ADVERTISEMENT

Lou Holtz

AdvanSix

Shakes Down The Thunder
Oct 10, 2016
Yesterday morning on XMSR said there "is zero chance ND replaces Brian Kelly and they shouldn't." Lou has spoken.

What is he going to say? Fire the SOB. Give me a break, of course he's going to say that. Meaningless.

What is he going to say? Fire the SOB. Give me a break, of course he's going to say that. Meaningless.

Disagree. He didn't have to say a thing or he could've been neutral. Instead he gave a host of reasons why BK will return and should.

Yesterday morning on XMSR said there "is zero chance ND replaces Brian Kelly and they shouldn't." Lou has spoken.

Lou is not operating with full faculties for quite some time now. Maybe he should have stayed in Texas.

Hard to mistake Blue&Gold from bright Orange!

Reactions: dpoore
and Perse says, there is zero chance Kelly will ever win anything meaningful at ND.
And recruiting is on a dangerous slippery slope 'down'. Recruiting is the lifeblood of any program!

Disagree. He didn't have to say a thing or he could've been neutral. Instead he gave a host of reasons why BK will return and should.

I think that's unlikely that he would have declined to answer the question or remained neutral.

I think that's unlikely that he would have declined to answer the question or remained neutral.

Sorry, cannot disagree more. Your assumptions are just plain wrong. You ask Ara, Ty, Davie and/or Charlie Weis and they will all say the same thing. They will support the current coach. They belong to a fraternity, they come across one another all the time, never would any of them say or imply anything that might get construed as a negative toward another coach. It doesn't happen. Ever. You cannot site an example of someone saying something bad about another coach, let alone a fellow coach at ND - and saying nothing is not saying something good. Again, what do you expect from a ex-ND HC? And saying nothing is/means a negative comment!

Sorry, cannot disagree more. Your assumptions are just plain wrong. You ask Ara, Ty, Davie and/or Charlie Weis and they will all say the same thing. They will support the current coach. They belong to a fraternity, they come across one another all the time, never would any of them say or imply anything that might get construed as a negative toward another coach. It doesn't happen. Ever. You cannot site an example of someone saying something bad about another coach, let alone a fellow coach at ND - and saying nothing is not saying something good. Again, what do you expect from a ex-ND HC? And saying nothing is/means a negative comment!

I think you meant to reply to someone else because you and I appear to agree on this.

Reactions: Telx1

You're so right. My forgiveness please. Thanks.

FYI- I listen to the Lou Holtz show every Sunday morning. I look forward to it because he is one of ND's greatest coaches ever. A month ago Lou also spoke in favor of BVG.. He said how the defense was lined up properly and that the real problem was in the locker room. BVG was fired about a week later. Like a previous poster said Lou most likely isn't going to come out and say what everyone knows is blatantly obvious. If you watched ESPN in the past Lou 99% of the time supports any coach staying.

Spot on !

Reactions: perseverare
I believe that in Weis final year or the 3-9 season (can't remember which) Holtz said Weis was the "most underrated coach" in CFB. Holtz will defend any ND coach until the bitter end.

Reactions: perseverare
bitter end is where the Kelly program is; we are just waiting for Swarbrick to grasp the reality of the situation.

It would be interesting/appropriate for 'continuously' to return and tell the board what his true relation to BK is! (all of them)

bitter end is where the Kelly program is; we are just waiting for Swarbrick to grasp the reality of the situation.

It would be interesting/appropriate for 'continuously' to return and tell the board what his true relation to BK is! (all of them)
To be fair we don't know for sure what JS plans are. For all we know he could be doing a coaching search as we speak. I'm not saying I feel confident Jack will fire him but lets wait until after the season before we call out Swarbrick for inaction.

watched USC replay vs Oregon. They are playing with purpose. Great team speed. Darnold has them on the move. They are very much improved since the start of the season. They will be out to impress and punish!

Reactions: 88ND
Easy on Lou. He's not a message board expert, just a plain old retired successful college football coach. He most definitely won't say anything about BK. He's been in that boat himself. BTW: while some are fretting about Army, Lou came within an eyelash of losing to Army himself. I believe it was Ivory Covington who saved the day. Army won't lie down and they won't quit and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Lou is certainly entitled to his opinion ! mine is still Fire Kelly !

Lou was probably sticking up for his fellow coach. Coaches tend to do that. So I'm not putting too much weight into what he said.

Lou has NEVER bad mouthed ND for forcing him out either. Take it with a grain of salt. Lou and Beth have plots in ND's cemetary. They LOVE The University and would never do anything to embarass ND. The administration needs no help in that department. They have it nailed.

Lou has NEVER bad mouthed ND for forcing him out either. Take it with a grain of salt. Lou and Beth have plots in ND's cemetary. They LOVE The University and would never do anything to embarass ND. The administration needs no help in that department. They have it nailed.
Can't argue with that!

"...Lou and Beth have plots in ND's cemetary. They LOVE The University and would never do anything to...."

I bet they are not anxious to return to ND!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT