ADVERTISEMENT

Leary

He did? I thought it was covid. You mean his sophomore yr of HS? Because that's what it would have to be. He played and was a superstar as a Jr, and his senior yr was canceled. So it was as a sophomore that he tore his ACL. I'll go ahead and google that.....
I don't care if he was 5. He still tore it. So... 2018 Torn ACL. 2019 great year. 2020 no football. 2021 Played a little as a Single wing QB basically. Got nicked up. 2022 Sprains ankle walking down stairs. Misses Spring Game. Week 2 Shoulder. Done.

Okay, apparently his missed entire sophomore season with an ACL injury, which I guess I didn't realize or remember. And I guess I am sort of remembering that now. Alright, well then maybe he is injury prone. I'm not sure that's an actual thing, and that injuries are mainly just time and chance, and there's no such as being susceptible to injuries unless you are particularly frail, and you sustain repeated injuries to that part of your body that's so inherently frail and/or vulnerable. I think when it comes to the dreaded knee ligament tears, all athletes are about the same level of frail/vulnerable. And that part of the body can go at any time on any player under the right circumstances, and those circumstances are pretty commonly encountered in the sport of tackle football....

So I guess that's that. But the shoulder thing is his first/only football injury while at ND, correct?
very little football for 3+ years

He did? I thought it was covid. You mean his sophomore yr of HS? Because that's what it would have to be. He played and was a superstar as a Jr, and his senior yr was canceled. So it was as a sophomore that he tore his ACL. I'll go ahead and google that.....
yes, his sophomore season - came back and had a great junior year, but then Covid killed his senior season.

the two biggest knocks on him were his lack of experience and the lack of competition. he also was apparently nervous and uncomfortable at the elite 11 and didn't perform that well, and his stock dropped a bit after that.

is he injury-prone? I don't know. maybe it's just bad luck.

Hartman has to be a consideration. As does Card and maybe even Ewers. Manning is going to cause a lot of problems for Texas. Ewers has 1 more year as starting QB and he might realize he's wasting his time with Texas. If Ewers stays, I expect he will be in the portal after next season.
Hartman was an INT machine the last four games of the season.

I like minchey or Buckner
The idea is to bring in someone to challenge Buchner. Minchey will not be an option and had his own shoulder issues last year. Rees wouldn't let a frosh wr run a route until the 5th game and you think he would consider a true frosh QB? No chance

Leary is a great pocket passer that had a horrid oline last year. The offense would probably do well for a year under him, but it would then switch the following year with minchey and or Buchner.

Leary could be a much better coan if healthy though and more athletic.

yes, his sophomore season - came back and had a great junior year, but then Covid killed his senior season.

the two biggest knocks on him were his lack of experience and the lack of competition. he also was apparently nervous and uncomfortable at the elite 11 and didn't perform that well, and his stock dropped a bit after that.

is he injury-prone? I don't know. maybe it's just bad luck.
Yeah, he does have a lack of experience for sure. Anyway, I don't know, l guess we'll find out what were gonna do. Regular season's over so let the games begin as far as the transfer portal goes....

If you aren't guaranteed a top 2 round draft choice. Come back to school, make NIL money, get your degree
Kyren Williams is doing just fine. Start your NFL pension, get closer to that second NFL contract, and get on with your adult life is just fine for some.

I am not a Buchner fan. Never have been. I cannot see a path for him to ever start again at ND if we get a good grad transfer, which appears the plan. I cannot imagine with Minchey and Carr on the team in 2024, that Buchner emerges as the starter in fall of 2024. If so, I’d be shocked if he doesn’t lose the job quickly. Minchey and Carr are far more accurate. I think once Minchey is on campus for a year and a half, Buchner will see the writing on the wall. A 6’2 QB with a near perfect arm and lots of consistency is coming in January.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT