ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Minchey

Trying to judge the head match with that hair is tough but I think at most a 3" difference between the two; and cleats make very little difference.

What’s the likelihood Buchner starts next season?
I think he will. Pyne will definitely be the veteran returning starter, and that's not trivial. For all his suckiness, and what is he, like 5-8?? - I'm being sarcastic - he's had numerous impressive performances, alongside numerous mediocre to poor performances, and on balance his lack of frontline 'talent' is pretty undeniable. He's not gifted. However you could say that the team, with Pyne at the helm, has managed to thrive by overcompensating with the run game, and another powerful ND OL to run behind, and that development has been a bit of a boon for the offense as a whole. Kind of an unintended consequence....

So I don't think it will be a walkover, but I think TB will re-win the job, assuming there's no portal QB. He has more arm talent than Pyne, he has more leg talent than Pyne, he's taller than Pyne.... He outpoints DP across the board, and it's really not all that close. And so yeah, I definitely think that's what will happen. But Pyne for now is certainly the experienced incumbent.....

Reactions: IrishMike409
That was a given. You were panicking over nothing.

You need to chill with all your sky is falling stuff
What's going on with Love? any updates, read he's removed all the ND stuff from his account and unfollowed his fellow commits.

Having a team still in your top 2 after just decomitting from them a month before signing day is a first to me.

I’m ready for a new QB next season…..but he’s lost 1 game as a starter. If we beat SC, and Pyne ends the season 9-1, let’s all agree to move on and stop the Pyne criticism.

ND beats Marshall if Pyne starts. And who knows if we woulda beat tOSU, but I’ll tell you this…..the offense certainly would not have been as life-less as it was that game with Buchner under center.

I’m ready for a new QB next season, but the over-the-top Pyne trash talk has gotten ridiculous.
Well if you are tired of the Pyne criticism I suggest you stop criticizing Buchner. No way Pyne beats Marshall. And Buchner had a terrible offensive line for 2 games with no protection. So how about laying off both QBs? It will sort out in the Spring

Driskell said that Minchey grew an inch and is now 6’2.5. He said CJ Carr is 6’3 and is getting heavier. Both are similar QBs, with CJ having the definitive NFL projected arm. Minchey likely does too but needs to prove it as his high school didn’t utilize his full arm potential.

Both are deadly accurate and imo this is the best QB tandem ND has had in a long long time. We will likely land a top 10 QB in 2025 as well as Rees is pushing like gang busters apparently.

Driskell said that Minchey grew an inch and is now 6’2.5. He said CJ Carr is 6’3 and is getting heavier. Both are similar QBs, with CJ having the definitive NFL projected arm. Minchey likely does too but needs to prove it as his high school didn’t utilize his full arm potential.

Both are deadly accurate and imo this is the best QB tandem ND has had in a long long time. We will likely land a top 10 QB in 2025 as well as Rees is pushing like gang busters apparently.
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Well if you are tired of the Pyne criticism I suggest you stop criticizing Buchner. No way Pyne beats Marshall. And Buchner had a terrible offensive line for 2 games with no protection. So how about laying off both QBs? It will sort out in the Spring
One thing is certain. 2 years from now we won’t miss Pyne or Buchner. We are upping the talent at the position and it’s not even close.

One thing is certain. 2 years from now we won’t miss Pyne or Buchner. We are upping the talent at the position and it’s not even close.
Buchner was a better prospect coming out of high school than Minchey. And if he doesnt start this year he will be the prohibitive favorite to start next year

Reactions: NDinNJ
Buchner was a better prospect coming out of high school than Minchey. And if he doesnt start this year he will be the prohibitive favorite to start next year
I agree about Buchner. But all bets are off. If Buckner stays in 23 there are zero guarantees he can beat out minchey or Carr. Buchner seems to have the same problem Book and Pyne had - does not see the open man and surveys the routes. He has gotten better but inexcusable as a top tier QB does not miss that. Whether it was Lenny at end of q2 vs Marshall or countless other open receivers, he has sucked

I agree about Buchner. But all bets are off. If Buckner stays in 23 there are zero guarantees he can beat out minchey or Carr. Buchner seems to have the same problem Book and Pyne had - does not see the open man and surveys the routes. He has gotten better but inexcusable as a top tier QB does not miss that. Whether it was Lenny at end of q2 vs Marshall or countless other open receivers, he has sucked
Lot of young qbs were bad early. Brady Quinn started worse than Buchner.

Reactions: NDinNJ
My hope or maybe concern is that all the QBs take all this as a friendly competition and not a sleight if they don't start at once. Hartman comes in with vast experience and Buchner will compete this coming spring. Minchey will learn from them while Angeli is the one I hope won't be totally left out. I feel he is an ND guy all the way. But he might go down the same path as Pyne. Get his degree and move on after a year or two. But a lot can happen between now and then. I look at Angeli as a Joe Montana who has to work his way up the ladder. Not saying he is the next Joe. Just talking about the obstacles before him.Joe always joked about working his way to bottom of 7 QBs and scratching his way back up. I believe the QB room will be fine. Unlike the Book/Jurkovich room was. I feel Minchey and Carr will be very competitive once Carr arrives. Anyway you look at it- the QB war room is definitely getting more talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT