ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Minchey

Exactly. Whats your point. Saying what Minchey did in HS is meaningless. Because if we are only using HS, Buchner was better than him

Hartman is going to his 6th year because he wanted to improve on his 6th rd to undrafted grade and make some nice NIL money too
No. Minchey has better mechanics and consistency now than Buchner did at that age. He’s a more talented passer and better decision maker. He will ascend the ladder ahead of Angeli by the end of the season bc he’s much more accurate than Angeli and Buchner will once again find himself in a QB competition with a legit competitor looking to take his job next year. By the time Minchey learns the offense, gets a year older, it’s going to be hard to keep him off the field. Buchner will get about 20 reps this season then likely start 2023. One injury and it’s Minchey time, unless Minchey beats him out before next fall. There won’t be growing pains with Buchner next year. He will either be great or benched.

Last edited:
BQ threw more passes in his frosh season than TB has thrown in his career. So comparing the numbers Buchners are better than his

So BQ threw 25 ints in his first 2 years?? Thank God we didnt give up on him. Thats bad. And only a 50 percent passer, yikes. I'm glad we had some sense to realize his talent and put good coaching around him and see him take off

Pick 6s are mostly a luck thing. I dont know how many of his 25 ints were pick 6s or not
Two years under whatever passed for a Ty offense.

No. Minchey has better mechanics and consistency now than Buchner did at that age. He’s a more talented passer and better decision maker. He will ascend the ladder ahead of Angeli by the end of the season bc he’s much more accurate than Angeli and Buchner will once again find himself in a QB competition with a legit competitor looking to take his job next year. By the time Minchey learns the offense, gets a year older, it’s going to be hard to keep him off the field. Buchner will get about 20 reps this season then likely start 2023. One injury and it’s Minchey time, unless Minchey beats him out before next fall. There won’t be growing pains with Buchner next year. He will either be great or benched.
Nonsense

Reactions: Ndapolis1
TB does have higher numbers, but he played in a very small league with very weak competition. KM played for a parochial school. My experience has been the parochial schools were vastly stronger competition than TB played in. And I am from the same area as TB.

TB's biggest weakness is his lack of playing time. KM has played weekly for the last 3-4 years, TB has been in a cast or on the bench for the most part. If KM is a player, he should give TB pretty good competition in 24, if not win it outright.

TB has almost as much experience playing safety the last 6 years as he does QB. It might be the better option for him to see the field.

It's all gonna be fun to watch unfold.

TB does have higher numbers, but he played in a very small league with very weak competition. KM played for a parochial school. My experience has been the parochial schools were vastly stronger competition than TB played in. And I am from the same area as TB.

TB's biggest weakness is his lack of playing time. KM has played weekly for the last 3-4 years, TB has been in a cast or on the bench for the most part. If KM is a player, he should give TB pretty good competition in 24, if not win it outright.

TB has almost as much experience playing safety the last 6 years as he does QB. It might be the better option for him to see the field.

It's all gonna be fun to watch unfold.
Safety point was ridiculous

BQ threw more passes in his frosh season than TB has thrown in his career. So comparing the numbers Buchners are better than his

So BQ threw 25 ints in his first 2 years?? Thank God we didnt give up on him. Thats bad. And only a 50 percent passer, yikes. I'm glad we had some sense to realize his talent and put good coaching around him and see him take off

Pick 6s are mostly a luck thing. I dont know how many of his 25 ints were pick 6s or not
Not giving up on Buchner but we have Sam Hartman, we had nothing other than Quinn.

I believe 0 pick sixes…. Buchner had clear chance to make tackle on all pick sixes, he was lazy and had poor attempts at tackle after making pick

Not giving up on Buchner but we have Sam Hartman, we had nothing other than Quinn.

I believe 0 pick sixes…. Buchner had clear chance to make tackle on all pick sixes, he was lazy and had poor attempts at tackle after making pick
Lol another funny one

Buchner most likely starter next year
If TB does not get the start this season, Kenny will beat him out. Kenny is very good and will surpass TB in a year.

I like TB but Kenny has to much talent to keep on the bench for 2-3 years.

If TB does not get the start this season, Kenny will beat him out. Kenny is very good and will surpass TB in a year.

I believe there will be good competition for the starting position in 24, minimal competition this year. This year it's hartman and getting buchner/minchey ready for next year.

Reactions: Zorich 88

Buchner is probably more talented. I don't see soph Minchey beating out senior Buchner

Buchner is probably more talented. I don't see soph Minchey beating out senior Buchner
I get what you’re saying. I have a hard time believing if TB was “the man” the coaches would not have brought in a transfer. Who we all know will be the starter in 2023.

If TB was or is the future of ND football, he would be named the starter now.

I like TB, I always have. However, it seems the staff lacks some confidence in him.

I get what you’re saying. I have a hard time believing if TB was “the man” the coaches would not have brought in a transfer. Who we all know will be the starter in 2023.

If TB was or is the future of ND football, he would be named the starter now.

I like TB, I always have. However, it seems the staff lacks some confidence in him.
Injury history. Even me as a big fan of his would have brought someone in.

What they did doesnt say anything a out their confidence in him. Says everything about his health

I cant say Hartman would either.

He was a free agent and Bama, OSU, Georgia did not make a run on him at all. No interest from any place. Not even a hint of it from any of those teams that I heard
Hartman would start at Bama, Georgia, and Ohio State. They do however have quality QBs and elite depth that they feel good enough about to not need a 1 year wonder, potentially causing an issue next year. We have Minchey and Carr coming in so soon we hopefully can resist the portal. Peter Parker needs to land a top 2025 QB to keep the wheels churning. I think the dudes a bum and will fail miserably in recruiting QB.

Last edited:
Hartman would start at Bama, Georgia, and Ohio State. They do however have quality QBs that they feel good enough about to not need a 1 year wonder, potentially causing an issue next year. We have Minchey and Carr coming in so soon we hopefully can resist the portal.
They all had their chamce to have him and said no thanks

They all had their chamce to have him and said no thanks
There is a cost to everything. Including bringing in a 1 year guy. You lose an entire year of on the field experience for your future guy. they feel they have a lot of talent and don’t want to lose that year. That doesn’t mean they’re better players than Hartman.

I cant say Hartman would either.

He was a free agent and Bama, OSU, Georgia did not make a run on him at all. No interest from any place. Not even a hint of it from any of those teams that I heard
Hartman starts at bama, Clemson Ohio state Penn state

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
That’s BS, they have other qbs they’re invested in they think “could” be it , but don’t know … ND coaches know it’s not Buchner right now
Exactly. This same dumb logic could be used to say USC or Michigan should have gone after Stroud if he were to have hypothetically entered the portal. Sometimes you have a guy or in the case of Bama, 10, that you feel rather good about.

Hartman starts at bama, Clemson Ohio state Penn state
If they thought was a big upgrade and could help them win a Title, guess what, they would have went after him.

They didnt even give him a Biden sniff. Nothing. Nada

Because they know all of our their QBs are more talented than Hartman. He would be better than those guys mostly on game 1. Maybe game 3 or 4.

But deep in the year, and them wanting to be in playoff contention, they chose their guy who is more talented. Period

Exactly. This same dumb logic could be used to say USC or Michigan should have gone after Stroud if he were to have hypothetically entered the portal. Sometimes you have a guy or in the case of Bama, 10, that you feel rather good about.
Every team in the country with Title aspirations would have went after Stroud if he entered the portal outside of SC. All of them. Bama, Georgia, psu, name them

Hartman isnt in Strouds league

If they thought was a big upgrade and could help them win a Title, guess what, they would have went after him.

They didnt even give him a Biden sniff. Nothing. Nada

Because they know all of our their QBs are more talented than Hartman. He would be better than those guys mostly on game 1. Maybe game 3 or 4.

But deep in the year, and them wanting to be in playoff contention, they chose their guy who is more talented. Period
They didn’t go after anyone at qb because they’ve recruited properly and I guarantee made promises they wouldn’t go to portal, especially at Clemson

They didn’t go after anyone at qb because they’ve recruited properly and I guarantee made promises they wouldn’t go to portal, especially at Clemson
Lol. Promises haha. They didn't go to the portal because they have more talented players and didn't need him.

If Stroud, Maye, Williams, Young were on the market those promises wouldn't have meant a thing

Actually Bama went hard after Maye and he didn't even jump in the portal

??
Du-lac has a thing against TB and will look at any other QB with rose colored glasses.
It was Tommy Rees back in the day.

Something about a grown ass adult taking incessant shots at a 20-year-old second year QB that is a bit odd.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Du-lac has a thing against TB and will look at any other QB with rose colored glasses.
lies liar GIF by The Maury Show

??

Something about a grown ass adult taking incessant shots at a 20-year-old second year QB that is a bit odd.
You really think it’s wrong that I bashed Tommy Rees when he was QB? You don’t even know what my handle was back then but you’d be surprised at how many times you agreed with me and liked my posts 😂😂

I’ve been here since the dawn of time and will be here until the internet dies. I first joined in my high school computer class back in 2003.

Last edited:
??

This is why Golson feels comfortable taking about Hartman, since he’s younger then Hartman.

You really think it’s wrong that I bashed Tommy Rees when he was QB? You don’t even know what my handle was back then but you’d be surprised at how many times you agreed with me and liked my posts 😂😂

I’ve been here since the dawn of time and will be here until the internet dies. I first joined in my high school computer class back in 2003.
I don’t do a whole lot of Notre Dame Football player criticism. You seem to major in it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT