ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Minchey

We don't, i think golson is saying everyone expects him to play the style of cj stroud more so than say Deshaun Watson. Meaning, cj stroud can run but only does when he needs to and you can occasionally call a running play, where with watson the offense was built around him being a true dual threat and a number of designed runs.
I agree

But he is slow

Any QB can "run". You say he can escape pressure? You have only watched his highlights. You have only seen the good things about his game. We really do not know how well he evades pressure.

I like the pick up if it happens. Just saying, he looks real heavy when he runs. Good pocket presence though.
No he doesnt

If you can run at a speed in a highlight film, you can run that speed.

You are the speed or you're not.

He can move. Hes not Lamar Jackson by any means but hes faster and more athletic than Drew Pyne

Who do I despise? Carr? I never have and never will say anything non-football related when it comes to Carr. All of my criticism of Carr is football related. I have been watching Carr play football since he was 13.

Since this message board was created everyone was free to "debate" the ability of any and every recruit and current player. Now because I am not drinking the Carr Kool aid you wanna cancel me???
Because you try and call out a kid when he had a bad game and say he was playing bad.

But he put up 400 yards and like 4tds just days before your post.

Very selctive criticism and no positives

Then he went against a top team with multiple fbs kids and again put up 400 and 4tds and scored 44 points on them

Crickets from you

So you'll put him down but not point out the good.

That's weak

Reactions: BGI User 756
Because you try and call out a kid when he had a bad game and say he was playing bad.

But he put up 400 yards and like 4tds just days before your post.

Very selctive criticism and no positives

Then he went against a top team with multiple fbs kids and again put up 400 and 4tds and scored 44 points on them

Crickets from you

So you'll put him down but not point out the good.

That's weak
I have said from day 1 I hope Carr is the greatest QB ND has ever had. However, I do not see it.

What post did I put up after his team was beat in the playoffs? Tommy needs to recruit and sign a game changer at QB. Carr is not that player. I only talk about Carr's football ability. I am not a fan of Carr being the ND QB.
So what?
Just because I talk against the recruiting of Carr i catch backlash???

It's all opinion right?

I have said from day 1 I hope Carr is the greatest QB ND has ever had. However, I do not see it.

What post did I put up after his team was beat in the playoffs? Tommy needs to recruit and sign a game changer at QB. Carr is not that player. I only talk about Carr's football ability. I am not a fan of Carr being the ND QB.
So what?

It's all opinion right?
You started a thread saying he was so bad the past 2 weeks. Yet the friday before you posted that he had 400 and 4tds. So that post made no sense

Then you dont say anything when he plays an amazing game against a very good team.

Very weak

So what?

It's all opinion right?
I actually agree with you slightly that I don't think Carr is a 5 star can't miss QB (if there is such a thing). But I still do like him. I think he'd be a top 10 QB. Somewhere in that range. I do believe his last name has helped him in the rankings. With that said, he throws a nice ball, has sneaky athleticism. I would just like us at some point to get some elite traits with size, arm talent, and or athleticism. That's not Carr or Minchey. The mental side is huge and I think that's the upside with both of them though. Both significant upgrades over pyne.

You started a thread saying he was so bad the past 2 weeks. Yet the friday before you posted that he had 400 and 4tds. So that post made no sense

Then you dont say anything when he plays an amazing game against a very good team.

Very weak
The game he played before I made that post was against a terrible team. I made the post when he lost his conference championship.

I have said a lot of positives about Carr

1. He is still in HS, he will only get better.
2. Hard worker
3. high football IQ
4. Good deep ball

I think there is a solid chance that one of Minchey and Carr will end up our best QB since Brady Quinn and possibly better. Eventually a program hits the jackpot on a QB. We are due. Minchey does not have "concrete feet". He is stout in the lower body no doubt, but that's usually a good thing. His tape almost looks like he's in slow motion because he is so efficient moving and throwing. Most of his passing ability comes from his lower body, as it should. He has good mechanics, plants his back foot, and throws with his lower body, not his arm. If you watch his film, the ball floats out of his hand with ease because of the way he uses his lower body. If you watch someone like Book, he is all upper body and has to exert his entire upper body into each throw. The way Minchey launches the ball, I have to believe he can throw it between 60-70 yards if he includes his arm more into his overall effort. He's going to be sweet.

He posseses 3 of the most important intangibles: consistency, demeanor, touch.

Last edited:
Who do I despise? Carr? I never have and never will say anything non-football related when it comes to Carr. All of my criticism of Carr is football related. I have been watching Carr play football since he was 13.

Since this message board was created everyone was free to "debate" the ability of any and every recruit and current player. Now because I am not drinking the Carr Kool aid you wanna cancel me???
So how long is your nose now?

what, six feet?

So how long is your nose now?

what, six feet?
906b124bdb889340f32e6b357b6e534a.gif

Glad you recognize your own failing.
Now try and not act like some 17 year old has to kiss your feet before you deign to think he can play.
So, your a tough guy? Your a joke man. I am giving my opinion that's it. Sorry I don't suck the footballs of everything ND like you do.

I do not believe Carr is the answer at QB. Then I state why I believe that. then you, wanna act like a child and call me names lol.

But i get it, you have a pathetic life and get off on calling random people on message boards insulting names.

I will continue to give my opinion on everything ND. If you don't like my opinion, the creator of this message board created a handy dandy button called the BLOCK button.

But if you wanna keep acting like a child and name call, then that's fine also. I am sure you are making your Grandchildren proud.

What Notre Dame needs is an upgrade and depth at quarterback. "Can't miss"..."five star"...whatever, is not the point. Its window dressing. Notre Dame needs a quarterback that checks all the boxes...I repeat...all...the boxes: size, arm strength, accuracy, field generalship, mobility (not necessarily track speed) and durability. What we have had for years does not check all the boxes.

Heavy feet is the same as concrete feet
After watching the video... when you say concrete feet, are you saying Coan feet or Drew Pyne feet... because Minchy is definitely faster than both of them. Minchy has a unique gate for sure, but he seems pretty agile to me! curious to know his 40 time? he has very good pocket presence, ALWAYS looking to throw (based on video), very strong arm! Exciting get for ND if he signs!

So, your a tough guy? Your a joke man. I am giving my opinion that's it. Sorry I don't suck the footballs of everything ND like you do.

I do not believe Carr is the answer at QB. Then I state why I believe that. then you, wanna act like a child and call me names lol.

But i get it, you have a pathetic life and get off on calling random people on message boards insulting names.

I will continue to give my opinion on everything ND. If you don't like my opinion, the creator of this message board created a handy dandy button called the BLOCK button.

But if you wanna keep acting like a child and name call, then that's fine also. I am sure you are making your Grandchildren proud.
Honestly, I don't think any QB ND recruits will be the answer at QB until ND hires a legitimate QB coach. Rees' development is questionable at this point.

There are going to be those that disagree and point to Book as proof. My response to that is, yes Rees can elevate an average to below average QB to above average, but he has yet to prove he can elevate an above average/elite QB to championship caliber QB.

If on a scale of 1-10 Rees' QB coaching ability is a 6 or 7, Then a a QB that's below that can be coached up to a 6 or 7, but a QB that comes in as an 7, 8, 9 will regress to a 6 or 7 and never reach their true potential.

Honestly, I don't think any QB ND recruits will be the answer at QB until ND hires a legitimate QB coach. Rees' development is questionable at this point.

There are going to be those that disagree and point to Book as proof. My response to that is, yes Rees can elevate an average to below average QB to above average, but he has yet to prove he can elevate an above average/elite QB to championship caliber QB.

If on a scale of 1-10 Rees' QB coaching ability is a 6 or 7, Then a a QB that's below that can be coached up to a 6 or 7, but a QB that comes in as an 7, 8, 9 will regress to a 6 or 7 and never reach their true potential.
I think Book and Pyne have over achieved. Rees's issue is under recruiting and poor judge of talent. Angeli and 2022 recruiting was a big miss. I highly doubt one of Minchey and Carr won't be a pretty great QB at the college level. He just needs to actually land them. I felt Buchner was overrated and wouldn't be great from the start. Pyne is 5'10 at most. He's doing pretty well with the limited gifts he has.

I think Book and Pyne have over achieved. Rees's issue is under recruiting and poor judge of talent. Angeli and 2022 recruiting was a big miss. I highly doubt one of Minchey and Carr won't be a pretty great QB at the college level. He just needs to actually land them. I felt Buchner was overrated and wouldn't be great from the start. Pyne is 5'10 at most. He's doing pretty well with the limited gifts he has.
compared to their abilities or rankings?

Every quarterback class is different....Pyne's counterparts were entirely different quarterbacks than were Minchey's, and vice versa. Those comparisons are useless.

Reactions: Kelso86
The good news is it is 29 degrees today in Hendersonville, TN. I don't think cold weather will be a turn off at all for Mr. Minchey.

I agree

But he is slow
Zorich,
I see what you see, but interpret it differently. When I watched his film, the first thing I noticed on his runs was that he did in fact look like he had heavy feet. His running gait is such that he runs more stiff legged than most, and his feet don’t come up off the ground nearly as high as we’re used to seeing. That said, he appears to have pretty good speed and I thought his North South running was impressive. I don’t have a sense for his ability to escape pocket pressure, but doubt it’s anywhere in the range of Book. He’s a pure pocket passer with a very good arm, and impressive touch, and above average speed when forced to run. I like his potential a lot, but with QBs in particular, pretty hard to judge their ceiling.

Reactions: mrwigglesby21
I can’t help but think with all the talent in 2023 and 2024 that we will probably get that we could actually have a Heisman candidate for the first time since 2012 in the next few years. QB’s, Greathouse, J Love, one of the Williams kids in 2024, etc. While it’s unlikely without a flashy running QB, one of the receivers or QB’s could certainly be in contention.

I agree with you 100%

I like the pickup if it happens.

I just noticed his movements look heavy footed.

I definitely like his highlights and he would be a great addition to the QB room.

Keenly looks very happy to be on campus. Major smile in every photo today. Looks to be having a good time.

He was offered because he blew up when he was 13…. With that said, why you would ever I mean ever accept a commitment from a player at qb before they grew is insane. Rees and Kelly accepted a qb commit from a 5’9 average arm average athletic kid…. Crazy
I’m ready for a new QB next season…..but he’s lost 1 game as a starter. If we beat SC, and Pyne ends the season 9-1, let’s all agree to move on and stop the Pyne criticism.

ND beats Marshall if Pyne starts. And who knows if we woulda beat tOSU, but I’ll tell you this…..the offense certainly would not have been as life-less as it was that game with Buchner under center.

I’m ready for a new QB next season, but the over-the-top Pyne trash talk has gotten ridiculous.

I’m ready for a new QB next season…..but he’s lost 1 game as a starter. If we beat SC, and Pyne ends the season 9-1, let’s all agree to move on and stop the Pyne criticism.

ND beats Marshall if Pyne starts. And who knows if we woulda beat tOSU, but I’ll tell you this…..the offense certainly would not have been as life-less as it was that game with Buchner under center.

I’m ready for a new QB next season, but the over-the-top Pyne trash talk has gotten ridiculous.
I don't think we're going to take a portal QB. Unless there's someone who can knock it out of the park. Pyne has been too decent, and we'll have three other scholarship QBs, including Buchner who still has a very bright future.

There's just really isn't grounds for it. If we beat USC, I just can't see it. Not that Pyne has a lock on the job necessarily. But there will be no need to desperately seek elsewhere....

Reactions: eshupe
Not sure what’s up with Minchey but while on his trip he went on Twitter and liked OU stuff. Not a peep from anyone about ND. Is there another player in the mix for him?

I don't think we're going to take a portal QB. Unless there's someone who can knock it out of the park. Pyne has been too decent, and we'll have three other scholarship QBs, including Buchner who still has a very bright future.

There's just really isn't grounds for it. If we beat USC, I just can't see it. Not that Pyne has a lock on the job necessarily. But there will be no need to desperately seek elsewhere....
I’m starting to think that’s correct. We beat USC, then Pyne very well could start next year, unless there is a portal guy who we’re absolutely certain is better….

I’m starting to think that’s correct. We beat USC, then Pyne very well could start next year, unless there is a portal guy who we’re absolutely certain is better….
If we were going to do it, this would have been the season, and we've weathered the storm. It looked fairly grim for the first few games, and of course losing Buchner was a huge blow. But at this point? I just don't see it.

Unless it was someone like Sam Hartman, or some other very proven, productive, pretty much stud QB. That I could see, but I figure that's what it would take. And speaking of Sam Hartman, he might very well be available, apparently he's not returning to WF, has one more year of eligibility, and could very well transfer for an NIL payday if he doesn't turn pro....

ADVERTISEMENT