ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Minchey

This is correct but 6'1 is better than 5'10 and he has an arm is accurate and athletic...DP is none of these things!
DP is not 5'10"

He is shorter than Tyree when the two are in the backfield together. Tyree is listed at 5'9" some places.

5. Kenny Minchey (Pitt)

Composite:

Day 1 - 9; Day 2 - 7; Day 3 - 5

"Mr. Dependable. Minchey’s consistent accuracy—for all three days of Elite 11—earned him respect for not only his technique but also his smarts. He knows when it’s time to dump it off or to fire away into a tight window. Of all the competitors competing at this year’s Elite 11, Minchey was arguably the most unflappable from one play to the next, evidenced by improving on his ranking each day."

"[Minchey] has some of the best mechanics in this group in terms of his drops, ball placement, release and follow through," Biggins wrote. "He has a very natural stroke without looking stiff or robotic. The ball comes out of his hand really well and it has been good to see him have such a strong week, you can see his confidence is very high right now."

"Minchey is a stout kid with a thick, well-proportioned build. He was a pleasant surprise on the day going about the workout in a workman-like fashion," Biggins wrote. "He showed some nice zip on the ball along with being able to change speeds when needed to. He has a compact delivery that enables him to get the ball out quickly and on time and was able to hit receivers in stride."

Minchey also earned high marks from SI.com's John Garcia. He slotted the Pitt pledge at seventh in his rankings as well, tied with two of the top five quarterbacks in the country according to 247Sports - five-star Malachi Nelson, a USC commit and four-star Jaden Rashada, a four-star Miami commit.

"The Pitt commitment does it without the flash and raw torque some of his peers possess in this field, but the Tennessee native has been efficient, accurate and on time all week long," Garcia wrote. "By the Elite 11 staff’s grading formula, Minchey actually finished the night with their highest grade—impressive considering he was among the first to compete. Minchey was near the top for SI as well, showcasing balance, strong footwork and a rhythm that others in the field could not contend with."

SI Elite 11 Finals: Composite Ranking of the 20 QBs​

1. Dante Moore
2. JJ Kohl
3. Emory Williams
4. Malachi Nelson
5. Kenny Minchey *
6. Malachi Singleton
7. Jackson Arnold
8. Jaxon Smolik
9. Brock Glenn
10. Austin Novosad
11. Jaden Rashada
12. Eli Holstein
13. Rickie Collins
14. Christopher Vizzina
15. Zane Flores

16. Chris Parson
17. Avery Johnson
18. Marcus Stokes

In a year where you have so many strong and elite quarterbacks, some of these kids in the 10-20 range of rankings are going to end up household names and NFL super stars. Might as well be this kid.

Last edited:
I know nothing about this young outside of his film on Hudl.

Nice deep ball touch but man, moves like he has concrete shoes on.

I like the idea.

Definitely a need but I still believe ND hits the QB portal this year and possibly next season.

I like the idea.

Definitely a need but I still believe ND hits the QB portal this year and possibly next season.
No he does not move like that.

Reactions: NDblitz

I like the idea.

"...moves like he has concrete shoes on...."

Could not be farther from the actual truth.

I like the idea.

I don't think getting a HS QB in this class has much to do with hitting the portal or not. That would be true even if Dante Moore were the commit. But so far the pickings are pretty slim in the projected '23 QB portal class. I don't know what's so great about Hank Bachmeier over Pyne, and certainly not over Buchner. The same goes for Cade McNamara, I don't think there's anything all that great about him. When we took Jack Coan we were talking about starting a RS freshman or a true freshman, and old boy was still injured before he himself transferred out to Old Dominion, or wherever he went....

Next year will not be like that. Pyne will be a senior, at least academically, and a fairly accomplished, experienced, if also limited veteran returning starter. And Buchner of course is an electric talent that if he's fully recovered who should be ready to come into his own. Even Angeli will be a more seasoned RS freshman with a year of college ball under his belt. And throw Minchey in there as well as a true frosh, you never know....

I like the idea.

That comment should tell everyone why they shouldnt listen to a word you say about Carr

You cant evaluate sh*t lol

Okay, just watching his Hudl film. Looked more like a pocket passer.

He's not a dual threat, but he's more mobile than Pyne. He is a bit stout and heavy, but not slow. He reminds me of a bigger Book in ways with a more accurate deep ball, but a bit less elusive and certainly less skittish than Book. He's not a runner like Buchner and probably not like Book either. The thing with Book is he almost always looked like he was throwing his arm out anytime he threw the ball. Book was very good at picking extra yards and I don't expect Minchey to be as good as Book in terms of that. Minchey almost looks like he's throwing the same balls that Book threw with minimal effort. The ball just comes out of his hand with ease and he kind of floats around in the pocket. The biggest thing that stands out about Minchey is he has about the most accurate touch on his deeper throws, particularly when he's hitting a receiver in stride, of any QB in the 2023 class. That's a hard thing to teach and just a natural ability that he has. I think his upside is tremendous.

Last edited:
He's not a dual threat, but he's more mobile than Pyne. He is a bit stout and heavy, but not slow. He reminds me of a bigger Book in ways with a more accurate deep ball, but a bit less elusive and certainly less skittish than Book. He's not a runner like Buchner and probably not like Book either. The thing with Book is he almost always looked like he was throwing his arm out anytime he threw the ball. Book was very good at picking extra yards and I don't expect Minchey to be as good as Book in terms of that. Minchey almost looks like he's throwing the same balls that Book threw with minimal effort. The ball just comes out of his hand with ease and he kind of floats around in the pocket. The biggest thing that stands out about Minchey is he has about the most accurate touch on his deeper throws, particularly when he's hitting a receiver in stride, of any QB in the 2023 class. That's a hard thing to teach and just a natural ability that he has. I think his upside is tremendous.
Minchey's injured throwing shoulder that he re-aggravated recently is a concern.

DP is not 5'10"

He is shorter than Tyree when the two are in the backfield together. Tyree is listed at 5'9" some places.
He does seem shorter than listed. How in the hell did a short-for-a-QB, not overly athletic, no big arm QB become a 4*? How did this happen??

That comment should tell everyone why they shouldnt listen to a word you say about Carr

You cant evaluate sh*t lol
Is he a duel threat? No

He has heavy feet. Total opposite of being light on your feet.

I like his touch on the ball and has a nice deep ball. I like the pickup if it happens.

However, very heavy feet. Will not beat anyone with his legs. But that’s fine

Is he a duel threat? No

I like his touch on the ball and has a nice deep ball. I like the pickup if it happens.

Earlier is was “...concrete shoes...” Now it’s “...very heavy feet...”

Again, you’re way off base.

He does seem shorter than listed. How in the hell did a short-for-a-QB, not overly athletic, no big arm QB become a 4*? How did this happen??
He was offered because he blew up when he was 13…. With that said, why you would ever I mean ever accept a commitment from a player at qb before they grew is insane. Rees and Kelly accepted a qb commit from a 5’9 average arm average athletic kid…. Crazy

Reactions: futuredomer
Is he a duel threat? No

You are a dip shit.

It truly amuses me that those here who go on and on ad nauseum about stars suddenly ignore them when they have a pet cat.

It is a fact that Pyne was rated where Minchey was. Some so called experts need to get over themselves.

Its so ridiculous to go on and on about 5 stars when so many of them crash and burn.

And they ignore all the three stars that become NFL starters.

Stars are interesting and are fun to debate but to treat them as some kind of Holy Writ is beyond STUPID.

Reactions: echowaker
Minchey has the arm talent to make an extra year in the program very difficult for CJ to beat him out. I can easily see Minchey as QB1 for 4 years, beginning in 2024. Don't get caught up on stars here (Rivals is likely holding it against him for not showing at a camp or something. Their ranking of him makes absolutely no sense). He took 5th at the Elite 11 and he is a solid composite 4 star QB. Watch his tape and pay attention to what was said about him by the gurus at the Elite 11. He's very consistent, accurate, and known for being cool and collected. Those are three ways to find yourself on the field in a hurry when you have a flat QB room.

Last edited:
I will give props to Kenny Minchey for being able to keep this tight lipped. I have not seen a whisper of information from his end that actually insinuates that Notre Dame will be his choice (Even though it does seem rather unlikely that anyone else has a legitimate chance at this point besides a slight chance with Vandy). He's been Tweeted at by just about every single one of our 2023 recruits, he's been posted all over social media as a pure lock for ND. Not once has he responded, liked a Tweet, talked to the media about ND. Nothing. We know he's visiting Saturday, that's about all we know. That's composure.

Last edited:
Is he a duel threat? No

He can run and escape pressure.

He chooses not to.

He's athletic but is a pass first guy

He can run and escape pressure.

He chooses not to.

He's athletic but is a pass first guy
Any QB can "run". You say he can escape pressure? You have only watched his highlights. You have only seen the good things about his game. We really do not know how well he evades pressure.

I like the pick up if it happens. Just saying, he looks real heavy when he runs. Good pocket presence though.

You are a dip shit.
Great post my friend, great post. Man, you really put me in my place, you tough guy.

Man, it is so crazy that people take this board so serious. You don't even know me for real. You and I could walk right past each other and you would not even know I am the guy you called a dip shit. Let's just stick to football talk and keep the insults to ourselves.

Great post my friend, great post. Man, you really put me in my place, you tough guy.

Man, it is so crazy that people take this board so serious. You don't even know me for real. You and I could walk right past each other and you would not even know I am the guy you called a dip shit. Let's just stick to football talk and keep the insults to ourselves.
this from a person who openly despises a 17 year old he has never met

Reactions: Golson5
Any QB can "run". You say he can escape pressure? You have only watched his highlights. You have only seen the good things about his game. We really do not know how well he evades pressure.

I like the pick up if it happens. Just saying, he looks real heavy when he runs. Good pocket presence though.
We don't, i think golson is saying everyone expects him to play the style of cj stroud more so than say Deshaun Watson. Meaning, cj stroud can run but only does when he needs to and you can occasionally call a running play, where with watson the offense was built around him being a true dual threat and a number of designed runs.

this from a person who openly despises a 17 year old he has never met
Who do I despise? Carr? I never have and never will say anything non-football related when it comes to Carr. All of my criticism of Carr is football related. I have been watching Carr play football since he was 13.

Since this message board was created everyone was free to "debate" the ability of any and every recruit and current player. Now because I am not drinking the Carr Kool aid you wanna cancel me???

Reactions: IrishMike409
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT