ADVERTISEMENT

Jagusah out for the season.

Insanely bad.

Tosh baker probably slides over to LT and that is an absolute recipe for constant pressure from the blind side

Reactions: irishlogger
We don’t have anyone prepared to take over LT. Jagasuh himself was just developing. If Nasty is right and Baker slides to LT, our QB is going to be under a ton of pressure. Personally, I hope like hell that Lambert proves to be the better option, but there are other talented guys like Absher that will likely get a strong look. Just a gut wrenching critical loss.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Lot of possibilities in play. This is brutal

Does Wagner go to left and play Tosh at right. Does Absher get in the mix at either spot. Not sure what the move is going to be

Can Pat Coogan play LT?

If Spindler and Coogan are locked in a tight battle, play the best 5 guys.

Does Wagner go to left and play Tosh at right. Does Absher get in the mix at either spot. Not sure what the move is going to be
Don’t think the coaches know either. Perhaps the one position among our starters that we could not afford to lose the starter.

I'm confident Denbrock and company will be able to scheme around whoever plays the spot. Hate to see anyone get injured but Jagusah was far from a proven commodity. No disrespect to him but the sample size was small. Three solid weeks to figure out the best option. Interesting to see how it plays out.

I'm confident Denbrock and company will be able to scheme around whoever plays the spot. Hate to see anyone get injured but Jagusah was far from a proven commodity. No disrespect to him but the sample size was small. Three solid weeks to figure out the best option. Interesting to see how it plays out.
We then have to scheme to help out Baker of he starts opposite. It's definitely a big problem especially with how good the Texas am front 7 is. We also lost our best blocking back in spring

How can someone "not good at guard..." be locked in a tight battle with Rocco Spindler???

How can someone "not good at guard..." be locked in a tight battle with Rocco Spindler.
Because they were both average last year, at guard. He doesn't have the length or feet to play tackle. He's an interior OL

We then have to scheme to help out Baker of he starts opposite. It's definitely a big problem especially with how good the Texas am front 7 is. We also lost our best blocking back in spring
I can see a lot of Ford on 3rd and long. Again I'm confident they'll figure it out. The room is talented but inexperienced. Of course there will be growing pains. Every young player has them. Jagusah was going to have them too. Some players develop faster than others. Gotta be patient. I'd be way more concerned had this injury occurred three weeks from now.

Reactions: Classic Irish
Can Pat Coogan play LT?

If Spindler and Coogan are locked in a tight battle, play the best 5 guys.
Playing your best five always sounds good when stated by the coaches, but the reality is there are critical differences in what these positions require. Neither Coogan or Spindler have the agility or foot speed, etc… to play tackle. Tackles can play guard as needed, but guards rarely can play tackles at this level. At least, my opinion.

I can see a lot of Ford on 3rd and long. Again I'm confident they'll figure it out. The room is talented but inexperienced.
Figure it out, maybe. Good enough to compete compete for a Championship, much tougher now

Figure it out, maybe. Good enough to compete compete for a Championship, much tougher now
I have had zero thoughts of this 2024 team winning 4 straight CFB Playoff games and winning a title.

Playoffs and one win is a successful season.

Of course. That said injuries are going to occur. Coaches don't have the luxury of dwelling on it like fans do. Next man up.

Of course. That said injuries are going to occur. Coaches don't have the luxury of dwelling on it like fans do. Next man up.
Obviously. Doesn't mean it's not going to effect us because the thinking is next man up

Playing your best five always sounds good when stated by the coaches, but the reality is there are critical differences in what these positions require. Neither Coogan or Spindler have the agility or foot speed, etc… to play tackle. Tackles can play guard as needed, but guards rarely can play tackles at this level. At least, my opinion.
Then move Schrauth to Tackle, and play Spindler/Coogan to guard.

I have had zero thoughts of this 2024 team winning 4 straight CFB Playoff games and winning a title.

Playoffs and one win is a successful season.
I'm not sure you can definitively say any team is capable of doing that or winning a conference championship game and three playoff games. Someone will but it will be a difficult road for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT