ADVERTISEMENT

Jagusah out for the season.

Whatever happened to oline u. We lose a true sophomore where we should be h juniors and seniors. Why no depth or talent?

Whatever happened to oline u. We lose a true sophomore where we should be h juniors and seniors. Why no depth or talent?
Notre Dame had two third year Tackles drafted in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft last season, both would be seniors this season, and today ND sustained an injury to their starting LT.

And that's your comment?

Be better.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Our number 3 corner (Mickey) and number 3 safety (Shuler) are better players right now then our 3rd tackle.

Jagusah isn't a 6 year player so that part is irrelevant. He already redshirted
You need 2 starting corners and a good nickel corner in today's football. The drop from the #3 CB to #4 CB is probably one of the biggest drops on the entire depth chart and would create massive problems for the defense on passing downs. Same could be said about the depth chart at free safety if Watts were to go down. Massive drop off in production from X to Ben Minich and/or Rod Heard.

With Jagusah out, you still got like 8 guys (4 starters, and 3-4 more players with good prospect pedigree) to patch up the hole Jagusah is leaving on the oline.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if he was a consensus All American or a true freshman

All that mattered was how much better he was then the number 2 and from what everyone has said, it's a big gap.

So you're looking at it the wrong way
putting it in perspective

You need 2 starting corners and a good nickel corner in today's football. The drop from the #3 CB to #4 CB is probably one of the biggest drops on the entire depth chart and would create massive problems for the defense on passing downs. Same could be said about the depth chart at free safety if Watts were to go down. Massive drop off in production from X to Ben Minich and/or Rod Heard.

With Jagusah out, you still got like 8 guys (4 starters, and 3-4 more players with good prospect pedigree) to patch up the hole Jagusah is leaving on the oline.
If one of our 3 corners went down (Morrison, Gray, Clark) we have a very good 4th. If one of our 2 safeties went down (X, Heard) we have a very good option in Shuler

The drop off from Jagusah to the next man is more steep than those 2. Try another position

If one of our 3 corners went down (Morrison, Gray, Clark) we have a very good 4th. If one of our 2 safeties went down (X, Heard) we have a very good option in Shuler

The drop off from Jagusah to the next man is more steep than those 2. Try another position
Good post.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t expect us to beat AM at this point. I think they get a big play or two and use home field to win a low scoring game. Very worried.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t expect us to beat AM at this point. I think they get a big play or two and use home field to win a low scoring game. Very worried.
Hang in there.

Like it or not the answer is Baker and pray for no more injuries on the edge. Denbrock and Rudolph will earn their money this season.

Just asking the question here. Are Ty Chan , Sullivan absner ,Jones , Prescott , Lambert . Any of the these guys of any use ?

We don't know that for certain at all.

Reactions: Kelso86
He's looked good but he is even smaller than Wagner. I could see him getting time later on in the year. The staff loves him
Thought he is same weight as Wagner (291), no? Wagner has proven to be a better tackle than baker in the eyes of our coaches, but can’t see them moving him from RT, the only tackle position he has trained for. Hate the idea of huge, but slow of foot Baker playing LT. Lambert played in a run dominant offense and is pretty raw as a pass blocker, and choosing not to enroll early puts him way behind in developing his raw skills. So, can’t see him competing for this opportunity early on. I keep thinking the real competition will be among Baker and Absher and Knapp…and Knapp is the only one I keep seeing really positive comments about. I expect they’ll choose experience and size and go with Baker, but hope one of the younger guys with greater upside is the choice.

Thought he is same weight as Wagner (291), no? Wagner has proven to be a better tackle than baker in the eyes of our coaches, but can’t see them moving him from RT, the only tackle position he has trained for. Hate the idea of huge, but slow of foot Baker playing LT. Lambert played in a run dominant offense and is pretty raw as a pass blocker, and choosing not to enroll early puts him way behind in developing his raw skills. So, can’t see him competing for this opportunity early on. I keep thinking the real competition will be among Baker and Absher and Knapp…and Knapp is the only one I keep seeing really positive comments about. I expect they’ll choose experience and size and go with Baker, but hope one of the younger guys with greater upside is the choice.
"Thought he is same weight as Wagner (291), no?"

According to a recent roster listing, Knapp is listed at 6'4" -- 291 lbs Wagner is listed at 6'6" -- 291 lbs. I am sure the coaches have a lot more intel on who may/may not be ready, who is close, who needs time.

Not that there is a "good" time for an injury, but, if it was going to happen, camp is the best, especially with 3 weeks to prepare someone.

Agree completely. Tired of these ND coaches always taking experience over younger upside guys.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
He's 6'4" with smaller arms and Wagner has freakish strength

Debbie Downer
I rarely and I mean rarely agree with SJB 75. But in my most honest evaluations of the 2024 ND Football team, I was realistic at 10-2 and a Qtr Finals appearance. And 11-1 12-0 with a Semi-Final appearance as my ceiling. And I would not put money on the latter.

Reactions: sjb75
Would Michael Carmody be starting today at one of the tackle positions if he had not transferred to UCLA?

Last edited:
I agree. Given the timing it was natural to see Baker with the 1s right now. Someone has to be and he's earned it based on previous experience. The other guys have none. Without saying it this 3 week period will be a " tryout " for the group. I believe Baker starts game 1. I also believe it will be a fluid situation. Baker is getting his shot. What he does with it remains to be seen. Expecting any of them including Jagusah before he got injured to be great out of the gate is not realistic. Lots of ND lineman who ended being very good or great were not that from day 1. It rarely happens.

Reactions: Telx1 and Kelso86
I agree. Given the timing it was natural to see Baker with the 1s right now. Someone has to be and he's earned it based on previous experience. The other guys have none. Without saying it this 3 week period will be a " tryout " for the group. I believe Baker starts game 1. I also believe it will be a fluid situation. Baker is getting his shot. What he does with it remains to be seen. Expecting any of them including Jagusah before he got injured to be great out of the gate is not realistic. Lots of ND lineman who ended being very good or great were not that from day 1. It rarely happens.
We just needed him to be good. We've had a lot of 2nd year guys be good over the years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT