ADVERTISEMENT

If ND and Pyne win out...

Sorry you can’t count on blocked punts, pick 6s, and turnovers that hand you the ball in the red zone every game. That will hide a lot of offensive sins. Contrast Syracuse and Clemson with Stanford where Pyne had one of those games you are fine with, we failed to convert a 4th down from the 5 yard line and we put up 14 points and lost. There will be games where you have to count on your offense to put up points. Pyne is not a long term solution. I guess we will see what happens and maybe Pyne improves too.
This is accurate

If Pyne wins out he is our QB for the next 2 years.

I'm not advocating that just telling you winning is precious and if we steamroll the opposition on the ground and Pyne doesn't lose games it will be difficult to replace him.

A lot of thos QB situation is predicated on how much Rees truly does a comittment to power football.

If he keeps on like the previous two games Pyne will be the starter the rest of his eligibility.

If Rees goes back to forcing our QB to be a 300 yard passer throwing scared to fail 3 yard curl routes...Pyne won't be the QB but it won't really matter who is. The BK passing game that Rees uses is stale. Dead. Easily predictable, etc.

We will see but if we win out in dominant fashion nobody will mess with success no matter how silly 9 of 17 for 85 yards looks.

Tony Rice in 89 QBing the greatest Irish team ever was
1 of 2 for 6 yards and a score against Michigan in a #1vs#2 battle.

They don't ask how, just if.
It all depends upon who they recruit at QB.

Talent will out !

If Pyne wins out he is our QB for the next 2 years.

I'm not advocating that just telling you winning is precious and if we steamroll the opposition on the ground and Pyne doesn't lose games it will be difficult to replace him.

A lot of thos QB situation is predicated on how much Rees truly does a comittment to power football.

If he keeps on like the previous two games Pyne will be the starter the rest of his eligibility.

If Rees goes back to forcing our QB to be a 300 yard passer throwing scared to fail 3 yard curl routes...Pyne won't be the QB but it won't really matter who is. The BK passing game that Rees uses is stale. Dead. Easily predictable, etc.

We will see but if we win out in dominant fashion nobody will mess with success no matter how silly 9 of 17 for 85 yards looks.

Tony Rice in 89 QBing the greatest Irish team ever was
1 of 2 for 6 yards and a score against Michigan in a #1vs#2 battle.

They don't ask how, just if.
Haha.. this has to be a joke..
That noodle arm can't even be a QB @ Navy
We are stuck with him for 3 more games and then he is back to being a bench warmer..

Haha.. this has to be a joke..
That noodle arm can't even be a QB @ Navy
We are stuck with him for 3 more games and then he is back to being a bench warmer..
What's the joke?
I told the board he was lousy for the QB spot...
He's a smurf...
Can't throw any further than 42 wind aided yards.
Look at the Lenzy pass. 42 yard line was his realease to the goaline and that's all he's got.

H1 Rees and what he wants to do.
If he wants to be passing again like BK 2.0 or Rees 1.0 ( same thing) then it's completely absurd to go with Pyne.
Equally bad to go with Buchner.

If the identity is to run first, second and third most series with passes thrown here and there only...
We just need someone who won't lose it rather than soneone to win it.

If Pyne wins out and a bowl he's being efficient. Tough to sit him when he's completing the most important thing...completing the goal of winning

Sorry you can’t count on blocked punts, pick 6s, and turnovers that hand you the ball in the red zone every game. That will hide a lot of offensive sins. Contrast Syracuse and Clemson with Stanford where Pyne had one of those games you are fine with, we failed to convert a 4th down from the 5 yard line and we put up 14 points and lost. There will be games where you have to count on your offense to put up points. Pyne is not a long term solution. I guess we will see what happens and maybe Pyne improves too.
What part are you not getting?

We played Stanford with the same offensive philosophy we've had the last 12 years.

Syracuse was a new look Irish. Run, run, run some more.

Clemson...same thing.

It's the only way we're beating USC.

When we approach the game like BK offense 2.0 neither Pyne nor Buchner....and quite honestly no player will have ultimate success when our first route option is every explosive team's safety valve.

It's terrified to fail offensive philosophy.

Big chunk plays we don't get them. We don't attenpt them and we don't get them.

Pyne isn't any good at that offense but neither was any of our previous 12 years worth of QB.

That offense sucks and if we get a better QB it will be right back to that same shit.

Consider this a blessing that Pyne isn't elite because it's saving Rees from himself

What part are you not getting?

We played Stanford with the same offensive philosophy we've had the last 12 years.

Syracuse was a new look Irish. Run, run, run some more.

Clemson...same thing.

It's the only way we're beating USC.

When we approach the game like BK offense 2.0 neither Pyne nor Buchner....and quite honestly no player will have ultimate success when our first route option is every explosive team's safety valve.

It's terrified to fail offensive philosophy.

Big chunk plays we don't get them. We don't attenpt them and we don't get them.

Pyne isn't any good at that offense but neither was any of our previous 12 years worth of QB.

That offense sucks and if we get a better QB it will be right back to that same shit.

Consider this a blessing that Pyne isn't elite because it's saving Rees from himself
Ok now you lost me, but I give you credit you tried to explain yourself 5 or 6 times. When everyone disagrees with you, it might be you.

Reactions: Golson5
Ok now you lost me, but I give you credit you tried to explain yourself 5 or 6 times. When everyone disagrees with you, it might be you.
What is there to lose?
I've said before anyone else
( months ago) Pyne is a smurf and not a difference maker at QB.
I disagreed with many showering love his way as some next big thing after the N. Carolina game. I pointed to the defense N C opted to play against us. Seriously having the back seven , particularly the back 4 playing 12 yards off the ball every snap was a gift to Pyne and Rees from above.

I also made a post weeks before the new found power football game about what if...what if a top team today recruited for it, coached for it...really comitted to it... they'd have a great deal of success running power football today. Defenses are built smaller but faster to chase 5 wides all game long.

Then looky looky what happened. Syracuse game. Power football.
Clemson game.
Power football.

USC will be the same.

If Rees had learned one thing it's we can't play with good opponents doing the cute little dink and dunk passing 13 play scoring drives passing 3 yard curl and sit routes.

He truly comitted to power football in a big game.

My point is that if Pyne wins out being effectively efficient it's going to be tough to sit him.

Remeber this isn't what you want or think but rather the coaches and make no mistake no matter how inferior physically he was the starting quarterback for ND's gigantic win against Clemson. He didn't lose the game.

You should be rooting for Pyne to continue because you can absolutely positively bet the farm that if we had a more talented QB Rees will not be able to help himself and he'll go back to doing what doesn't work in the biggest of games

What is there to lose?
I disagreed with many showering love his way as some next big thing after the N. Carolina game. I pointed to the defense N C opted to play against us. Seriously having the back seven , particularly the back 4 playing 12 yards off the ball every snap was a gift to Pyne and Rees from above.

I also made a post weeks before the new found power football game about what if...what if a top team today recruited for it, coached for it...really comitted to it... they'd have a great deal of success running power football today. Defenses are built smaller but faster to chase 5 wides all game long.

Clemson game.
Power football.

USC will be the same.

If Rees had learned one thing it's we can't play with good opponents doing the cute little dink and dunk passing 13 play scoring drives passing 3 yard curl and sit routes.

My point is that if Pyne wins out being effectively efficient it's going to be tough to sit him.

Remeber this isn't what you want or think but rather the coaches and make no mistake no matter how inferior physically he was the starting quarterback for ND's gigantic win against Clemson. He didn't lose the game.

You should be rooting for Pyne to continue because you can absolutely positively bet the farm that if we had a more talented QB Rees will not be able to help himself and he'll go back to doing what doesn't work in the biggest of games
Thank You Mel Kiper.

Reactions: tbonesays
What is there to lose?

Clemson game.
Power football.

USC will be the same.

Nonsense

What is there to lose?

Clemson game.
Power football.

USC will be the same.

Keep the excellent analysis coming!

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
What is there to lose?

Clemson game.
Power football.

USC will be the same.

As long as we block a punt, return a pick 6 and hand the offense the ball inside the red zone a few times then your strategy should work just fine, as long as we don’t turn the ball over. Great formula, you are ready for Canton.

What's the joke?
I told the board he was lousy for the QB spot...
He's a smurf...
Can't throw any further than 42 wind aided yards.
Look at the Lenzy pass. 42 yard line was his realease to the goaline and that's all he's got.

H1 Rees and what he wants to do.
If he wants to be passing again like BK 2.0 or Rees 1.0 ( same thing) then it's completely absurd to go with Pyne.
Equally bad to go with Buchner.

If the identity is to run first, second and third most series with passes thrown here and there only...
We just need someone who won't lose it rather than soneone to win it.

If Pyne wins out and a bowl he's being efficient. Tough to sit him when he's completing the most important thing...completing the goal of winning
Since we both agree he's a bad QB
Every effort should be made to bring in a QB via transfer portal so we have a shot at having a good season next year.. With Payne as a starting QB next year again the best case scenario will be 8-4 9-3 next year.

There was a quote somewhere that the only reason Mayer didnt go as a soph was because he could not. Loves ND, ready to move on.

As far as Pyne, TB will be back and will beat him again. It will be similar to 2020 where he will come in and help if TB struggles.
As bad as Pyne is he's better than Buchner, next year it needs to be Angeli or portal. The QB we need isn't on the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT