ADVERTISEMENT

If Georgia Beats Bama Michigan is Out

NotreDame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 29, 2015
This is what I’m rooting for. I hate Michigan enough to want this to happen. Georgia would probably move up to 3 and Bama would fall to 4. ND moves to 2 or 1 with a blow out of USC and if Clemson struggles against Pitt.

Right now, theres no chance. If this scenario happens wouldnt this just increase the odds of possibly playing bama in the semis?

I think since its Bama they will get special treatment and if Georgia does take them down it will be a case of how they lose. If for some reason Georgia blows them out then there is a serious chance Bama sits. If its a close game then Bama probably gets in.

Really who has bama beat this year? I guess their supposed best win is against LSU but how good are THEY?

I think since its Bama they will get special treatment and if Georgia does take them down it will be a case of how they lose. If for some reason Georgia blows them out then there is a serious chance Bama sits. If its a close game then Bama probably gets in.

Really who has bama beat this year? I guess their supposed best win is against LSU but how good are THEY?
I agree man. Will be a **** storm if bama loses to georgia. There will be at least 1 unhappu fan base

1. Clemson
2. ND
3. Georgia
4 Alabama

Sets up a possible rematch of last year's final game.

Reactions: FriedmanIP
You guys think you match up better againest georgia or clemson?

Georgia reminds me Michigan (but better) so I assume we also dominate them, easily.

Clemson would be much tougher. They have actual talent.

Georgia is good but not at every position. They are a year away from dominance.

Georgia is good but not at every position. They are a year away from dominance.

Which positions? Not challenging your statement completely, but I think their loaded on offense unless they’ve got some O line injuries. Maybe TE? ND is probably #1 in the country at TE

OL inexperience. WR’s are not great yet. DL is not playing consistantly well, yet.

Reactions: zro pts4u
Won't happen.

If Michigan wins the big ten...

Georgia wins the SEC...

Bama is your #5

Why you might ask oh trendy college football fan...

Because Michigan's only loss.....And I hate this ****ing expression...will be a
"better loss" than Bama's.

Michigan lost a fairly close game on the road to one of the few undefeated teams remaining. Notre Dame.

Bama lost a neutral site game to a team that got whipped by one dimensional LSU.

If all that plays out...
ND/Clemson 1-2
Michigan 3
Georgia 4

Game on.

Idk D1, I really like Georgia’s WRs. Also their running back combination(s). Fromm is a very underrated QB.

Michigan will lose to Ohio state. To quote Lou Holtz. “They are living a lie”

Bama doesn’t have the SOS this year to say they bump Michigan with a very late loss unless it’s a last second loss.

If all but Bama win out, I’d say Clem 1, ND 2, UGA 3 and Mich 4.

Of course that assumes Michigan wins out with a decent Margin of Victory.

Anyone but Michigan and Bama goes over OK due to that defense. IMHO.

Bama doesn’t have the SOS this year to say they bump Michigan with a very late loss unless it’s a last second loss.

If all but Bama win out, I’d say Clem 1, ND 2, UGA 3 and Mich 4.

Of course that assumes Michigan wins out with a decent Margin of Victory.

Anyone but Michigan and Bama goes over OK due to that defense. IMHO.
I can't stand the 'late loss' thing.. It's the same reason why ND isnt getting much love for an 'early win' over Michigan. For me I would look at the entire body of work and a loss late shouldn't have more of an impact than a loss in week 2 or 6. If Bama and Michigan both have 1-loss, it would get real interesting. Body of work might give UM the edge but eye test clearly goes to Bama. I'd vote two SEC teams in if UGA beats Bama... never thought I'd say that.

Won't happen.

If Michigan wins the big ten...

Georgia wins the SEC...

Bama is your #5

Why you might ask oh trendy college football fan...

Because Michigan's only loss.....And I hate this ****ing expression...will be a
"better loss" than Bama's.

Michigan lost a fairly close game on the road to one of the few undefeated teams remaining. Notre Dame.

Bama lost a neutral site game to a team that got whipped by one dimensional LSU.

If all that plays out...
ND/Clemson 1-2
Michigan 3
Georgia 4

Game on.
I agree Michigan gets in, in this scenario but not based on "better loss" rather based on winning conference championship.

This is what I’m rooting for. I hate Michigan enough to want this to happen. Georgia would probably move up to 3 and Bama would fall to 4. ND moves to 2 or 1 with a blow out of USC and if Clemson struggles against Pitt.
Why want UM out? You know you can beat them.

Will depend on how UM looks last two games and if Bama loses to UGA say by...3 points. A last minute loss to UGA I’m not sure Bama falls past 4? Oh man that’s gonna be insane if it happens.

Why want UM out? You know you can beat them.
Only because I hate their fans. Dumb I know. I suppose deep down I only want what’s good for ND. Either way we have to get through Clemson or Bama so my thought was f Michigan. I can’t help but want Bama to lose a close one to Georgia because I just can’t see them being left out for Michigan. No way anyone with half a brain thinks a 1 loss Bama isn’t better than Michigan. Bama could have 1 slightly bad game. It’s November.

That said, I hope the ND players are waiting on that Thanksgiving overeating. That’s always a killer for athletic performance.

I agree Michigan gets in, in this scenario but not based on "better loss" rather based on winning conference championship.
So you're conceding LSU is better than us?

We are unblemished. Michigan lost a close one to us. If Georgia beats Bama they will have lost to a one loss team.

Now aside from that... No way does the big 10 champ get left out three years running. Ahd not only that...Bama gets in a second time without winning the sec.

No way. If Bama loses and Michigan doesn't

Bama is outside looking in.
Rightfully so.

having Northwestern as a conference championship game opponent doesn't help Mich or Ohio st. Both will be expected to win easily.

Only good things will happen if Georgia beats Bama. Bama is left out of the playoffs, it might actually be interesting. If Bama gets in there will be such an uproar from the other conferences, the playoff format will be expanded to 8 teams. At 8 there is now a spot for every conference champion presuming they have enough total wins.

If ND fans want any chance at a NC they should pray for any setback against Alabama. If you look at the last ten years the only way to beat Alabama is either to have a great college QB or ambush Alabama with some scheme they are ill prepared for. In every other case Alabama will just wear you down. Due to the higher number of plays in CF verses NFL, unless you have a very good 2nd line, you will be turned into pate.

I agree man. Will be a **** storm if bama loses to georgia. There will be at least 1 unhappu fan base
I'm more worried about the unhappy B1G commissioner pitching a fit if his crapulent undeserving conference champ looks like it's going to get left out of the playoff. Don't think for one second that dude won't use every nefarious means at his disposal to try to screw ND over in favor of his conference getting a handout it doesn't deserve.

We've already discussed this in other threads, but I think Michigan would be more deserving than Bama in that scenario.

However, the Committee is infatuated with the SEC, as usual, so they might think differently. The fact they still have a 9-2 LSU at #7 (ahead of 10-1 Ohio State) and an 8-3 Florida at #11 (that lost by 20 pts twice), just shows how much they love the SEC.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT